2 Years of Military Service

When Jinki Takes Care of Me {Precious Life Sequel}

A/N: I've literally been gradually losing my memory and become extremely forgetful. Where is Jinki when I need him :D  Enjoy and leave comments :)

"Jinki I can't take it anymore." 
 
"Jagiya what's wrong?"
 
"Jinki..." Zoe paused and began to wail hysterically. "Promise me you'll never leave me."
 
"Jagiya..." Jinki hesitated not understanding why his wife would say such a thing to him. The sound of the shower running continued during the moment of silence. "Jagiya why would you say that?" 
 
"Jinki I just can't imagine life without and our kids. I would be miserable."
 
"Jagiya I promise I won't leave you. Stop thinking like that." Apart of him felt guilty because he knew he had to serve two years in the military service. "Jagiya..." He paused. "There is something that I need you to understand."
 
"Jinki I'm scared. What is it?" Zoe was up for a rude awakening after making love to the one she loved the most.
 
"How about I turn off the shower and get us something warm to drink before we begin our conversation." He wasn't sure how he was going to explain everything to her and how she would tolerate it. He covered up his bare body with his robe, then walked down the corridor of the resort to get them both hot chocolate. As he entered back into te room, it began to spin and Zoe stared at him expressionless.
 
"So what is it that you need to talk to me about?"Jinki sat down in the bed next to Zoe allowing himself to get comfortable. SHe knew it was something serious and felt she wouldn't be able to tolerate what he was going to tell her.
 
"There is a law that says that every man in Korea has to serve two years in the military. And you know during that time I can't be with our family. Jagiya I promise not to leave you but-" 
 
"But what Jinki? You lied to me, and what am I supposed to do while you're gone for two years? I'll give up on life if you're not there, and our kids will be too young to understand."
 
"Zoe, do you think I made the choice to do this military service? Do think its easy for me to have the thoughts of leaving my family behind?" He raised his voice at her out hurt. He loved his wife and kids more than he would ever love himself. He began to cry and Zoe began to cry out of fear from her husband raising his voice. "Zoe I'm sorry. I love you and our kids more than I love myself. If I didn't have to go, trust me I wouldn't ever even think twice about it." He said holding her as she cried hysterically fighting off his embrace. "The law is a ." He said unexpectedly. Usually he would never curse around his wife. She said it was aggressive language and should never be used although she used it at times, when she was upset at him.
 
"Jinki GET OFF!!" She wailed, while fighting off his embrace but he held her tight not letting her go.
 
"Zoe stop it!" He grabbed her firmly. "Zoe, I don't want you to cry. It's not going to make you feel any better if you bawl your eyes out. And I hate to see you cry so please stop." He found himself crying along with her.
 
"Jinki-I-HATE-YOU!!! I wish I never knew you." Zoe cried in between each word. Hearing Zoe say those words had hurt Jinki but he knew she didn't mean it and she had a right to feel that way.
 
"Jagiya you can hate me all you want, but that will never stop me from loving you. Zoe you know we can't be together all the time but being separated for two years is unreasonable. I don't want to be away from either but I think we should get used to not seeing each other for a few hours out of the day."
 
"What the hell are you saying right now?"
 
"Jagiya we're so attached to each other. If Amie can go a few days without us there I know you can. Zoe you're a strong woman and that's why I married you. It won't be the easiest process to go through with but we'll make it."
 
"Jinki just shut up talking because you sound stupid. I hate you. I'll Never forgive you. I want a divorce." Zoe slowly got up and staggered away from the bed and directed herself to the bathroom where she the shower. She pulled back the shower curtains and stepped inside and submerged her entire body underneath the water fall. She stood motionlessly and felt her body become weak and her legs became unsturdy of supporting her body and the baby. In the other room Jinki sat and wept. He felt he had done the right thing about telling his wife what would be going on in the future. She had a right to know, even if she'd forget. Zoe was much younger than Jinki and still hadn't  understood why things worked the way they did. Jinki gave her some time to think to herself but then he realized it wouldn't be a good idea. He knew it was too much for her to understand and at any point she could faint and hurt herself. He rushed into the bathroom and found her sitting on the of the shower allowing the ice cold water to fall over the crown of her head until it ran down her face and the rest of her body. Her body shivered and soon she had forgotten why she was upset but knew there had to be a reason why.
 
"Jagiya get up." He said in a mild tone as he entered the shower, adjusted the temperature and sat down before her. "Jagiya I know the situation isn't the best and you don't to continue talking about it but you have the right to know what will be going on in our future. I think it was best that I told you ahead of time so we would both be prepared for what's before us."
 
"I hate you. I wish I never knew you." She repeated what she had said minutes ago. "You got me pregnant so you could leave me?" Zoe questioned and each time she said hurtful words it hurt his pride and built up his frustration and anger. Zoe was being hard headed, which he hated the most.
 
"Zoe, what did I tell you? Huh? Do you think I made that choice to serve the damn military for two years just to leave my family?" He said frustrated. " the military, the law, and whoever established the law. all of it! It's not doing anything but hurting the ones I love the most. Don't be upset at me, jagiya, please." He said out of anger but expressing how he felt about the situation. "Zoe I didn't want to tell you any of this because I knew how you'd react and if I didn't tell you you'd be pissed off at me."
 
"But Jinki you lied to me. You told me you would never leave me."
 
"Zoe I'm-"
 
"Just shut up you're a liar. Don't talk to me." Jinki didn't say anything afterward he just picked up his rag, washed himself up then grabbed Zoe's rag and began to wash her up because she didn't have the energy to. After they showered they dressed themselves and as before they made arrangements to go out and eat breakfast. They took a bus into the city and walked for a few minutes until they decided on where to eat. There was silence during the ride to the city until Jinki asked,
 
"What do you want to eat?" But he got no response. Zoe just ignored him until she placed her order with the waiter. "So you're going to give me the silent treatment?" Jinki asked. "It's ok you can be upset at me all you want. I have something for us to do later on anyways. Hopefully you'll enjoy it." Without a bit of sarcasm, Jinki went on talking to Zoe although he got no response from her. It's not that he wasn't affected on what had happened earlier, but it was that he wanted her to realize nothing could be done about it because it was the law; unless she wanted him to be arrested for not serving his two years in the military.
 
Their food was brought and placed before them. Zoe sat for a while before she took her first bite.  "Is it good?" Jinki asked her while he ate his food. Still no response. She began to stare blankly out I into the open. "Zoe, can you please eat just for me? You know you have to feed Yumi. She's hungry, please eat." Jinki began to feel hurt watching his wife as her facial expression changed to an expression he's see. Once before when she didn't remember who he was. 
 
"Who are you? Who is Yumi, and why are you telling me what to do?" She was quite confused but now he had sat there and said nothing. "Who are you?" She repeated, and Jinki could feel his face beginning to warm up and turn red, as his eyes watered. Although he dealt with this on several other occasions, he wonder how rapidly or worse could it get. 
 
"Can you please eat?" He said to her again, and she forgot what she was mad about earlier, and had forgotten who he was, so she just ate. After a couple of minutes of Zoe eating her food she was almost done because she now had an appetite, seeming to forget what happened earlier back at the resort.
 
"Is it good?" Jinki asked waiting for a response.
 
"Neh. Thank you for asking. You're a really nice man." Zoe said still unable to recognize the unfamiliar man, who is her husband. 
 
"What is your name?" Jinki tested her to see if she knew who she was herself.
 
"Hmm, my name?"
 
"Yes, what is your name?" Jinki repeated and she sat there thinking. He was being impatient as he waited for a response.
 
"I don't know. What is your name?"
 
"My name is Jinki." He said filled with hurt deep in his heart. He knew he was going to have to live with this through his entire life.
 
"That's a really nice name. It fits you well. I've heard it somewhere before but can't remember. Who are you?" She asked for a third time and that's when Jinki began to softly weep. It was the first time Zoe had ever lost her senses and not remember herself or Jinki within the time span.
 
"Why are you crying?" She looked at Jinki and watched him, and scooted closely towards him. Then he looked up at her and noticed her sitting close towards him. "Jinki why are you crying." She said his name without realizing it as well as Jinki because he knew she would soon fail to remember. "Jinki?" She tapped him on the arm, and this time she was serious when she called his name.
 
"Zoe?" He looked up at her.
 
"Yes Jinki?"
 
"I love you." He didn't speak further, not understanding if she had remembered what situation occurred earlier that morning at the resort, or if she cared now. He wasn't going to bring it back up until the time came.
 
"I love you too."
 
"Did you have enough to eat? Did you eat well?"
 
"Jinki don't worry about me, I at well. Oppa why are you crying?" There was a silence between the couple.
 
"Zoe... Nothing's wrong I'm fine."
 
"Jinki I'm not upset at you anymore." It was a shock for his ears to hear those words. It was unexpected that she'd remember she was upset at him.
 
"You remember being upset at me? If you were upset at me, tell me why." Jinki questioned to test her memory, but she sat and contemplated and thought about why she had been upset.
 
"Umm, you have to leave for two years to serve in the military."
 
"That's right and do you understand why?" Questioning her as if she was a toddler who had been punished for doing something they weren't supposed to and making them understand why they were punished for it.
 
"Because it's the law?" Unsure if that was the right answer.
 
"Correct, so do you understand?"
 
"Neh, I don't want to be upset anymore. It doesn't make me feel good."
 
"It doesn't make me feel good either Zoe. And Iw ant you to stay healthy, physically and emotionally because if you're constantly upset it can drain your body, and it can cause the baby to have abirth defect so I have to keep you healthy, ok?"
 
"Me too." There was another moment of silence afterwards.
 
"Zoe I have plans for today. I looked into it the other day."
 
"What are you plans? And don't tell me it's a surprise."
 
"Well then if its not a surprise it's a secret until we arrive at our destination." Zoe pouted because it was a secret but she liked it when he had an unexpected surprise for her.
 
"I guess I'll have to wait and see then."
 
"I guess so." Jinki finished his bite and took a sip of the sweet raspberry tea. He hadn't realized how sweet it was before since he was in a bitter mood from Zoe's mood swings and lost his sense of taste and everything had tasted so bland until now.