Privacy

When Jinki Takes Care of Me {Precious Life Sequel}

A/N: I hope my readers and subscribers have been keeping up with update because from here on out becausee things will start to become very interesting, well at least that's what I think. Bookmark your chapters!


When we arrived before my work place, I felt anxious and held onto Amie's hand. 

"Zoe you'll be fine, just relax, take a deep breath and think positive."

I listened and followed through. "Amie, halmoni will take you to your first ballet class today. Umma has to go to work." I reached over and kissed Amie. She didn't seem to to concerned about me leaving, but then again I don't think she understood what I meant. "I'll see you later, okay?"

"Umma when will you come back?" Amie asked after I explained thoroughly.

"In a few hours, halmoni will take you to do something fun, and when you're done I'll be back." I gave Amie a kiss on the cheek and had gotten out of the car.

As I entered through the entrance doors I could hear the holiday music playing loudly. I had forgotten what time of the year it had been, and it reminded me of how busy my days would be and how irritated I'll become by the repeatedly played playlist and impatient customers. Everything negative of what could possibly go wrong went through my head. 

"Annyeonghasaeyo! Are you Zoe?" I was greeted shortly after I entered the doors and had wondered if I was only recognized because I was a foreigner.

"Neh annyeonghasaeyo!"

"I'm HyunA, I heard that you've worked here previously so you probably already know how things work, but things have changed as well. By the way, you look familiar, have we met by any chance?"

"Thanks, but no we have not met." Although my memory wasn't always clear I was certainly not familiar with this woman.

"It looks like I've seen you before..." She hesitated for brief moment and came back to reply, "You're SHINee Onew's wife!"

I was very surprised she'd recognize me but I didn't want to be known as his wife at my workplace knowing it could cause a lot of problems. "Yes I am..." I replied back shyly.

"Omo you're so lucky, and beautiful!"

"Thank you!" I said greatfully from her kind compliments but I didn't like the way this was going. I didn't want to turn this into a session about Jinki and I. Jinki and I are very private when it comes to our personal lives. I was here for work and I wanted to be polite about it.

"I'm going to take you to the back. Here is where we'll fill out or update your paperwork and get some training done. I promise to make training short and enjoyable as possible."

As I entered the break room area and received a lot of glares and saw people whispering. I was immediately offended and had to remember that there was a cultural difference and I was a foreigner to them, but hadn't appreciated their rudeness. For as long as I lived in Korea, I still couldn't adjust to the culture shock of me being a foreigner. At that moment I immediately felt out of my comfort zone and wished I was home and here was not it. My home was far away and I felt lonely without the people who I could understand the most.

"Are you feeling okay?" ... Asked as walked behind her desk and took a seat.

"Neh..." I said quietly and took a seat. 

"You'd like you can set down your belongings and take off your coat."

I decided to get comfortable if that was the least I could do while she pulled up my information and updated it. "Oh my! I didn't know you were pregnant, how far along are you?"

"I'm 7 months."

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

"It's a girl."

"Have you already picked out any names for her?" 

"Yes, her name is Yumi. I'm waiting for her to get here." I said as I brought my hands to stomach. "Do you have any children?" I was curious, and wondered why she was so intrigued by my pregnancy.

"Unfortunately I don't... I lost my first one to a miscarriage."

"I'm so sorry to hear that." I held onto Yumi tightly. "I hope in the future that you'll be blessed with a bundle of joy." I felt empathy for her and couldn't imagine losing Yumi.

"It's been so long I've given up and can't live with the thought of trying again."

"It'll take some time, but only you'll know when you're ready."

At the moment I began to feel indifferent towards HyunA, but I still had mixed feelings and wanted to be away of surroundings. She's holding onto the past and still suffers from the loss of her unborn child, and I wondered if it ever made her jealous to see women enjoy what she still could have. 

"You have another daughter too right? I heard Onew mention her in his interview! You two should join 'The Return of Superman'."

"I don't know about that, but-"

"Your daughter is so cute!"

"Kamsahapnida..." From now on I'll keep my replies concise since I can't make this day about work. I began to become irritated with her conversation about my family and I, and from here on out if she asked another personal question, I would be concise and reluctant to give an answer.