Reunited

When Jinki Takes Care of Me {Precious Life Sequel}

A/N: Finally I am updating for the first time in a long time. I believe it's best to read this chapter on the computer because of the formatting of the pictures. Enjoy! And HAPPY MINHO DAY!! *this was meant to be updated on the same day as Minho's birthday*

 

"Ummeonim I had dream about what Yumi would look like on the plane ride and it made me wonder so many things, such as if we were to have a boy and what he'd look like and if he'd be like Jinki." Zoe rambled on just to ask, "I was wondering what Jinki was like when he was baby and if you had any videos of him when he was little."


"Well Jinki is pretty much the same throughout his childhood: sweet, shy, and wise. He listened very well but being a boy he was a bit rowdy and got off with a lot of things since he's the only child, but he's never been trouble for us or burdensome when we were struggling financially. Jinki's a good boy." Jinki's mom explained about his well behavior.


"Seems like you picked the perfect man," Zoe's mom added.


"Oh and did I mention he loved to eat, even since he was an infant. He was just the chunkiest little thing ever. Jinki was the most happy when he was eating, which is why he was a chubby kid until he hit a growth spurt, then he shed the weight immediately. I thought he was becoming ill since he became very thin, but he was just growing."


"Ahh I see. Aww Jinki you were a little fat baby. Now I remember when you showed me your photos of your baby pictures and your cute little chubby cheeks." Zoe leaned over the seat to pinch his cheek as if he were still a kid. "Since we're having a girl the second time around, I really hope that Jinki and I can have a boy next time. If not we'll just have to adopt, right Jinki?"


"Neh...Yeh?!" Jinki had been thrown off by the adoption statement and had not realized what he agreed to.


"Zoe you're talking about having more kids and you already haven't even had Yumi yet," said Jinki's mom.


"Yeh ummeo-nim. It's been almost four years ago since we had Amie, and I don't want to wait too much longer to have more. Jinki's getting old and I'm not getting any younger. Also since Jinki was the only child, he told me he wants to have lots of kids."


"Well Zoe you should be fine since you're a few years younger than Jinki. You have plenty of time to have more children," Zoe's mom told her not wanting her to rush into having too many children at once.


Sighing Zoe responded, "Arraseo." She folded her arms and ignored her mothers comment. Jinki turned around to look at Zoe from the second row of seats. He could sense her expression on her face was sour, but wasn't quite sure since it was dark. He knew she was easily offended and didn't want to be told when and how many kids to have. Although her parents were right, Zoe didn't want to listen and saw no progress in her future as far as her health and wanted to do everything before her memories become a vague blur.


Getting up from his seat, Jinki moved to the back row of seats to sit with his wife and daughter. "Jagiya it's okay. She didn't mean any harm by what she said." He whispered in her ear and rubbed her stomach to comfort her. He always had a different way of viewing things than his wife. She immediately felt better at feel of his touch. There was nothing better than having Jinki there when she needed him the most. He kissed her cheek and soon found his eyes meeting with his daughters.
"Appa I wanna kiss too!" Amie exclaimed loudly leading her grandparents to believe her parents were being too intimate in front her.


"Arraseo, appa will give you a kiss too." He leaned across Zoe and stretched his neck out and Amie gave him a peck on the lips. "Mwuah!" Jinki expressed playfully. "Saranghae." He made a heart making Amie giggle.


********


Reaching their last destination, which happened to be home, Jinki unloaded their luggage to be taken in the house. "Oppa I'll help bring some of our things in." Zoe offered help but Jinki quickly rejected it.


"Aniyo, you go inside with Amie and wait. We can leave some of this in the car and bring it in tomorrow. I wish you wouldn't have worn those shoes, the ground is cold and wet." He explained while focusing on getting the luggage out. "Umma can you walk Zoe to the door?"


"Sure thing, but I want us all to go in at the same time, since we have a surprise for you." Everyone intertwined arms so no one was left behind. When they entered the house, their noses were greeted by the aroma of food. There had been a brief dark silence until the lights were switched on and Zoe and Jinki were greeted with a loud and enthused, "Happy Anniversary" from their family.


It was a small get together their parents had planned for them, along with the furnished baby room. "Omo! Kamsahapnida! It's so wonderful!" Zoe exclaimed. "Who's idea was this?"


"Everyone came up with their own idea and what we should plan for you two when you got back," said Zoe's mom.


"Wow this is great! It looks like a feast. I'm so ready to eat." Jinki said as he walked into the kitchen, looking around at each that was prepared for the evening dinner.


"Noona you're stomach looks like it grown since you've left." Taemin told Zoe while he touched her stomach. She didn't mind when he touched her stomach since they were family. 


"Jjinja?" Zoe frowned at the thought of getting bigger. "Well I guess that only means Yumi will be here sooner," she smiled.


"It's okay, you still look pretty!" Taemin batted his lashes and soon received a kiss from Zoe on the cheek.


Zoe and Jinki noticed many of their relatives they hadn't met up with in months, were invited to celebrate this special ongoing occasion. "Zoe you're pregnant again! When are you due? You're so small and cute!" Her cousin on her mothers side of the family exclaimed in disbelief.


"I'm six months now so I'll be due in February. I'm preparing for the baby shower now. I already have invitations made, they just need to be sent out."


"Well I'll be waiting to receive one. I'd be more than willing to help plan it with you because I know it's just you, Jinki and your parents." Her cousin had three other sisters who already had children and were willing to participate as well.


"Thank you so much, I'd really appreciate. Jinki doesn't know much about planning events like that." Zoe chuckled at her own statement about her husband. They went into further detail about the baby shower as well as their honeymoon. It was something they considered "girl talk."


Meanwhile on the other hand Jinki found himself in a detailed conversation with best friend Joon regarding how they spent their honeymoon. "So how many times did you tap that? Probably none I bet since she's pregnant." Joon was being vulgar and provocative.


"Hyung did you forget she's my wife?" Jinki was offended, but carried on to say, "And we did make love multiple times. You should already know that by now, how'd you think she got the second baby in her? Besides, is out of this world, except I can't be as rough as we were before she got pregnant."


"Obviously not enough if she got pregnant four years later. I bet she goes, "oh Jinki love me long time"." Joon imitated in his feminine voice, followed by exaggerated laughter.


"Actually she does." 


"Oh my goodness how did I know?" Joon yelled loudly while Jinki told him to quiet down. "You must be the man. You spoil her and treat her like a queen. I won't lie, I'm jealous of your relationship."


"Zoe your brother's here," her mom notified her while she was in a deep conversation about planning her baby shower.


Her brother remained living in the States when Zoe went to Korea for her Dental career, and she wound up marrying Jinki. After Zoe left the States, he decided to move to Korea for a year to be close to Zoe again but eventually decided it was best to live in the States. He'd come into town to visit her during the holiday seasons along with his wife. Zoe's brother was four years older than her, but two years younger than Jinki. He was not enthused to know his sister had married a man older than him and had been puffed up with pride to not feel inferior due to the age difference. Eventually his mind set changed once he met Jinki and realized the two got along well, and Jinki was the best man for his sister. He knew how difficult his sister was when she inconvenienced him at time to time with last minute things when they were younger, but it was all because their mother made him.


"Omo, Anton!" Zoe hugged her brother tightly. "How've you been?"


He was glad to see her and that she was being taken care of. He was afraid that she wouldn't remember him, and it was always hard for him to accept she had a terminal illness. "I've been well. I see you have another baby on the way." He was a bit surprised. Although he knew she was pregnant again it was hard to believe it when he saw it with his own eyes.


"Yeah I can't wait to have her. It's been almost five years since I've had Amie, so it'll be different again when I have Yumi," she rubbed her stomach.


"I see..." He said in slight disgust at the thought of what his sister had to do to get pregnant. He was just a protective brother and didn't want to see his sister grow up although she was already an adult. She understood why he reacted this way since he didn't have any children yet with his wife.


"Well I'm ready to feast on some food. I'm going to get settled and help Jinki put away some of our stuff then I'll be back." Zoe wandered around the house looking for Jinki, and before she got to him she was stopped by multiple relatives asking about her pregnancy and decided she'll discuss it all at the dinner table.
Walking into their bedroom Zoe found Jinki putting away their luggage and souvenirs they bought. "Jinki you need some help?"


"Here, we have to find a vase or somewhere to put all of your roses."


"Hurry up so we can eat. They're waiting for us." Zoe saw Jinki was bent over setting things down and took it upon herself to walk up behind him and his . She thought why not since he does it to her all the time.


"What're you doing?"


"Nothing daddy, just bored." She gave him a dirty gaze.


"Okay we're ready." He got up and kissed her on the forehead and they walked down the corridor into the family. Speaking loudly, Jinki announced, "If everyone is ready, how about we fill our stomachs at the dinner table." Everyone seated themselves at the table and had been ready to eat. Each relative prepared a dish to be brought for that evening, and they was set at the table before everyone. "I'd like to thank everyone for coming and planning this for us. It was unexpected, but I highly appreciate everyone's consideration and remembrance of our anniversary. Usually it's an event that we celebrate as a couple but today we've come together as a family again, kamsahapnida," Jinki bowed then seated himself.


"He is so well mannered," One of Zoe's relatives whispered out loud.


"I know right? He's still handsome as ever. Zoe is truly blessed." Zoe's aunt said.


While everyone began to dig into their food Zoe's cousins had asked about how they spent their time in Krabi. "So tell us about your honeymoon in Krabi." 
"It was beautiful!" Zoe began. "While it snowed here, it was warm there so we were at a resort on a beach. We did so much I can't even remember." Zoe felt a lump form in at the thought of reminiscing the precious time they spent on their honeymoon. 


"Don't worry, I'm sure you guys did a lot." Zoe's aunt caressed her back and reassured her everything would be okay, and have her comfort while Jinki carried out with the story.


"Well we spent most of our time eating, but on the first day she dragged me into going to the beach and hasn't even settled in yet, so we spent a few hours there. Our resort had an outdoor restaurant so we ate dinner there the first night and surprisingly they had Korean food. And we went to a spa to get message and Zoe, of course wanted a manicure and pedicure, so we got that done. We also visited a few markets and tourist locations. For the first time we discovered monkeys on the beach and fed them bananas."


"Wow were they wild monkeys?!" Joon asked.


"Yeah but they were pretty harmless."


"Jinki you remember that monkey climbed up your arms and tried to take away our bundle of bananas? And another one bit you on the finger," Zoe recalled.


"Yeah he got me and nipped me right on the finger."


"How was the massage?" Zoe's cousin asked.


"The massages were great. They're quite healing and made me feel rejuvenated for the time we were there since we had done a lot of walking."


"What else did you two do?" Key was interested and wanted to hear more.


"Oppa we went scuba diving for the first time!"


-"Ohh."
-"Wow! That's nice."
-"That's something exotic." 
-"What was it like?" Each guest gave there own side comments.


-"I was having second thoughts about it."
-"It was thrilling!" Jinki responded.


"I got sea sick and the water was way too deep, it made me become frantic. Later I got the hang of it and decided I want to do it so it'd be memorable," Zoe explained. "I had also remembered that day was our anniversary so I made special plans for Jinki and I, so once we came from scuba diving, we freshened up and went to our designated location. But in the midst of while we were preparing to go where I had planned, there was nothing for me to wear until Jinki pulled out this beautiful dress he'd bought me, along with a pair of shoes and some jewelry." Pictures were passed around of the tourist site, along with the pictures they took of themselves and the food they ate. Everyone was in awe at the couple and beautiful scenery.


"Yeah she took hella pictures of us so don't be surprised if you see us being extremely intimate," Jinki added.


"What did you plan for your anniversary?" Joon asked Zoe.


"Nugu-sehyo?" Zoe politely asked, not remembering his face.


"Jagiya you remember Joon right?" Jinki asked while Zoe gave a confused stare. "If not, then continue on with what you were going to tell us."


Zoe went on talking about the very little she thought she remembered but her family had been ecstatic she could explain as much she did. "I don't remember what I was going to say." She was focusing on trying to remember how Jinki knew Joon and where she'd him before. His face had looked very familiar to her.
"What plans did you make for us on the day of our anniversary?" Jinki asked the same question Joon asked first.


"I forgot...I'll tell you guys later when I remember."


"That's fine," Jinki went on to say, "I'm sure you remember what you said to the woman in lobby of our resort don't you?"


"Oppa stop," she whined, knowing he was going to tell their relatives she cursed out the receptionist for making a mistake that was more than just a simple error.


"Zoe you did that?!" Everyone asked after Jinki told what happened in thorough detail but made sure he kept it clean some Amie was listening.

"Oppa you keep your mouth shut!" Zoe bickered at him from across the dining table since they weren't seated next to each other. "And yes I did revolt explicit words at her because that was not rocket science. She over charged us how much?!" She directed her question to Jinki who was talking to Joon.

Jinki assumed it was a rhetorical question and answered, "Okay Zoe I understand, I was upset too but that still wasn't nice of you to say those things." Zoe just rolled her eyes and ignored his statement.

"Anyways, I remember, I made a reservation for us at a cooking class the night of our anniversary. We made Thai food and I baked a cake with a message on it for him to read reminding him it was our anniversary."


-"Aww that's so sweet!"
-"Aww Jinki you must've ecstatic!"
-"You're such a good wife." All their guests had thrown in their thoughts and comments.

"What was your reaction?" Joon asked out of curiosity wanting to know more since he and Jinki were playing catch up with each others lives.


"I did not expect her to do what she did. I was in complete shock, but without noticing, my initial reaction had been tears streaming down my face. It was hard for me to hold back my emotions but I had to pull myself together a decided to be thankful that we together that day."


-"Ahh!"
-"Ohh!" The guests were in awe and showed interested in their stories about their honeymoon.


"Seems like you two had a beautiful time." Zoe's aunt said. She was happy for Zoe and Jinki and thought they had the most beautiful marriage ever.


"Yeah, I'd do it all over, except with Amie and my parents." Zoe said.


"So when is the baby shower?" Her aunt asked. She was always excited about planning events since she helped prepared baby shower plans for her own kids.


"We're in the process of figuring out the date. Jinki will be really busy these next few months. But I definitely bought invitations so if everyone will write down their address in our address book before you leave that would be perfect."


"Well I'm willing to provide help if you need it." Her aunt told her, but one slight thing in particular Zoe remembered about some of her relatives is that she couldn't take their word for it, and rely on them, which is why she left the left the states to begin. Besides her parents, brother, and husband, she couldn't trust anyone else or rely on them.


"I think as of now we have enough help but I'll let you know if we need anything." Zoe's mom told her aunt, also known as her moms sister. Zoe's mom knew her sister wasn't reliable and not the person to go to for help.


********


Once dinner was over, Zoe and Jinki gave everyone a quick tour around their house to make them feel more comfortable. It was obvious every had known where the kitchen and family room had been so they showed them their bedrooms.

 

According to Zoe, she didn't think it was necessary for Jinki to buy a house as big as the one they occupied since she often found herself forgetting where she placed many of her clothes since they all didn't fit in their bedroom closet, along with her shoes. She was also afraid to be home alone.

 

 

 

  The guests were in disbelief at how large their home was as well.


"Well here's our bedroom, and as you can see, Zoe's favorite color is white. And as you can see to the right of our room is "our" closer but Zoe's belongings takes up most of the space." Jinki explained picking on his wife while the guests entered their throne and muttered about how spacious the bedroom and closer were.

 


"Isn't this where all the magic happens?" Joon whispered while Jinki nudged him in the side.


"And to the left is our bathroom." Zoe said not wanting her guests to enter because she knew Jinki left it a mess before they left but some took it upon themselves to enter at their own risk.    

  "How many bedrooms do you have?! This room and bathroom is huge! I'd hate to see how much larger things get around here," Zoe's aunt said in complete shock at the furnishing and value of the house.

 

"I know it looks more like a hotel. Are you sure you two needed to go on vacation? Because this home is a vacation!" Zoe's cousin added.


"Well I told Jinki we didn't need a house this big but he certainly didn't believe me."


The guests were lead out the master bedroom and into Amie's room.

  "Wow nice! This is something I'd like for my kids to have when they were growing up." Zoe's aunt said once again.


"I was iffy about doing this too since it's so big and she sleeps with us most of the time, but she likes it." 

 

Down the hall was Amie's playroom for when she had friends over from preschool. Then the next room was Yumi's nursery that Zoe and Jinki hadn't seen since they left for their honeymoon. 

 

 "So our parents furnished Yumi's nursery while we were gone, so we both have built anticipations about what the room will look like," Jinki explained to his guests before he opened the room door.

 

 "It's so pretty and pink!!!" Zoe exclaimed as she looked at the room interior. "This is perfect and very girly. I love it so much, how about you Jinki?" She asked Jinki.


"Yeah it's really nice. You picked out some of these decorations didn't you?" He asked Zoe, since she was being really picky when they went shopping.


"Yeah but most were by our parents and it looks great. Thank you so much!" Zoe exclaimed thanking her parents for their efforts.


Lastly they were taken upstairs to their guest room in the attic. The room was fully furnished for guests who decide to stay the night.

 "This is our guest room so anyone is more than welcomed to stay the night." Jinki wanted his guests to feel at home.


"Well I guess I'll be staying the night then." Joon said taking the offer.


********


As the night came to an end Zoe and Jinki sent their guests off and hoped they got home safely and prepared themselves for bed.


"Ugh, I need a hot bath. I'm exhausted from being up all day." Zoe said heading towards their bedroom. "Do you want to bathe with me Amie?"


"Eung," she responded informally. It was rare she spoke formally unless she was forced when approaching her grandparents.


"Tell appa to run our bath water," Zoe rested her hands on her back as if she were in discomfort.


"APPA?!" She yelled, which reminded him when he was on 'Hello Baby' and Yoogeun was giving them a wake up call. 


"Yes Amie? Please don't shout at appa."


"Umma wants you to run our bath water."


"Arraseo."


"Jinki are you going to get in with us?" I asked.


"I don't know how that'll work. You know she's a girl and I have male parts on my body." He said while he helped Zoe get undressed.


"Ahh right...but you could always wear swimwear but you don't have to. We can just bathe seperately." Jinki agreed to do so. "Oppa maybe we should teach her, her body parts." Zoe stepped into the bath tub and waited for Amie and her husband to join her.


"Jagiya she already knows her body parts. You taught them to her when she was two. She was even reading by then."


"Ohh... Well oppa how about you tell me what you promised to tell me on our plane ride."


He sat and thought, he couldn't recall himself what he promised to tell her. "I can't remember." How the hell did she remember? He lied when he could recall their conversation just keep both of them from getting hurt from what the conversation may lead to but he always kept his promises.


"Now you can't remember? I thought my memory was terrible."


Jinki just decided to discuss it with her so he didn't carry the guilt of hiding his feelings from her. "OhI know...you were talking to me about having a boy."


"Yes, do you not want to have a boy?"


"It's not like that..." His voice trailed. He sighed and began, "I just...I just don't think he'll be as good looking if he looks like me. Amie looks just like you and she's beautiful." He couldn't look her in the eye.


Zoe's initial reaction was a slap across his face.