Two Weeks

When Jinki Takes Care of Me {Precious Life Sequel}

A/N: I'll be honest, I'm a bit nervous about updating since I haven't done it in so long. I'm afraid of what my readers may think or if they even keep up with updates. Is it me, or does it feel like no one uses AFF as much? 

 

It was the evening before Jinki's departure to Japan, and it was the first time in a long time he had decided to leave Zoe and Amie behind and left his parents to stay with her. He'd be gone for two weeks. As much as he thought about bringing her along, he remembered the doctor had to her that she shouldn't take anymore flights while she's in her third trimester. He knew she'd be well off without him for a few days since she was beginning yoga class and would soon be starting her new job. In the meantime Amie would with her grandparents instead of enrolling in school so soon. 


"Jinki what are you doing?" Zoe asked.


"I'm packing, do you want to help me."


Zoe agreed to do so when she had seen how scarce his suitcase appeared. "Jinki you're going to be gone for a while, don't you think you should pack more?"


"That's why asked you to help me. Amie would help without asking any questions." He seemed to be frustrated but Zoe couldn't understand why.


"Oppa are you okay?" He didn't reply, but continued to pack. Instead of causing confrontation, she decided to leave the room and headed into the laundry area to fold their clean clothes.


"Amie, go find umma." Jinki ordered politely, and she did so.


"UMMA?! UMMA?!" She yelled down the halls and throughout the house.

 
"Amie, yeogi-seo! Weh-yo?" 


"Appa told me to go find you."


He must feel bad I left. I wonder his attitude was about. "Tell him I'm here."


Amie left the laundry room sher elayed the message back to Jinki. "Jagiya, I'm sorry about earlier. I'm just not ready to leave you."


"Although I'm going miss you, I'll be fine. I have work, yoga class, and the baby shower to look forward to. I'd rather you leave, so I can miss you when you return. Stop worrying about me so much." Although I didn't want Jinki to worry so much, I myself began to worry how things would take off once he leaves.


"You're right, maybe I am over thinking everything. I just want you two to be safe while I'm away."


"When have we not been safe when you're away?" He didn't reply. "So how long are you supposed to be gone for?"
 

"Maybe two weeks..."
 

I didn't think he'd be gone for so long. Maybe I plan to catch a flight with our parents to Japan without out his permission. He'd be upset with me and I've been disappointing him lately.
 

"You think you could go two weeks without me?" He asked while hugging me tightly.


"I'll try... Amie do you think you can go two weeks without appa?"
 

"Shireo!" Amie disagreed defiantly.
 

"While I'm gone, you'll be with halmoni and harabeoji, arraseo? They'll find something fun for you to do while I'm away, okay?" He smooched her soft cheeks. "Appa is going to miss you so much!" He squeezed her tightly. This time Amie agreed cooperatively. She wasn't aware of how long two weeks were, but she knew it was a long time to be away from her dad.
 

Before the family settled in for the evening, they watched a movie and had dinner. Amie had chosen to watch 'Frozen', Zoe's least favorite Disney movie, throughout the universe. And what she didn't like most had been how many times Amie watched the movie.


"Can I just say something crazy?! Well my life has been a series of doors in my face!" 


"Amie don't you get tired of this movie?" Zoe asked in an irritated manner as they sat down watched Frozen. Zoe's couldn't tolerate the repetitive singing.


"Love is an open-"
 

"DOOR!" Amie sang all the words. Although Zoe despised the movie, she thought it was cute watching her daughter since a dance.
 

"Jinki why did you buy her this DVD? You know it drives me nuts."
 

"-Because, Love is an opened door!" He sang and Zoe turned her attention elsewhere. "Jagiya she's a baby, she's going to like songs like this. And besides, I wanted to watch it with her one last time before I go tomorrow morning."
 

"Amie come and sit on mommy's lap so I do you hair." Zoe decided if she wasn't going to watch the movie, she'd do something with Amie's hair.
 

"Andweoyo!" Amie whined.
 

"Why not? Your hair has been a tangled mess for last few days." Amie had thick, wavy hair in which Zoe always put into two ponytails or French braids. It was easier to manger due to her fine texture, but Amie would dread getting her hair done.
 

"Umma I want my hair like yours." Amie said while she fluffed her moms hair.
 

"Our hair is different, but if you let me braid it, it'll be big and fluffy when I take down your braids." Zoe had long, voluminous curly hair, in which was a pain to manage. For the most part she'd leave her hair up, or she'd straighten it for it to be easily manage but that didn't last long.
 

"Jagiya will you ever cut Amie's hair? It's getting really long."
 

"Michyeo seo? Why would I do such a thing? Having long hair is almost like a cultural tradition in my family. We don't cut our daughters hair and I certainly won't cut Amie's."

"I figured since your hair is to your waist. But what will you do when it gets past your tailbone?"
 

"I don't want it to grow that long. To my waist is too long, but I won't cut it. Do you prefer me with long or short hair?"
 

"Mmmm....I don't know. When you cut your hair really short, I thought it was y, but I think your long hair makes you beautiful too."
 

"Do you like it curly or straight?"
 

"I love both. When do you think you'll ever straighten Amie's hair?"
 

"Maybe when she's 10, I don't want to heat damge her hair at such a young age."
 

"Umma I want straight hair!" She came and sat on Zoe's lap. Amie couldn't decide if she wanted curly hair or straight hair.
 

"Amie, I'm going to braid your hair tonight and take it down tomorrow. It'll be pretty like umma's. Arraseo? I can't straighten your hair." Amie agreed. "Amie you're so cute and chubby. I don't want you to lose your baby fat." Zoe said after kissing and squeezing her cheeks. "By the way Jinki, I missed your long hair." She said running her fingers through his thick silky hair.

"Yeah only because you liked to play in it and do sadistic things to me when I had my long hair."

 

"That's not true! I thought you were so handsome with long hair, but I do love when your hair is shaved on the sides."
 

"Ah, so you're telling me you didn't enjoy putting pigtails in my hair, or playfully tugging on it in the bed?"
 

"You're right, but that wasn't the only reason why. I just think it suits you better." Zoe leaned over to kiss Jinki on the cheek. 

Shortly after watching 'Frozen' Amie fell asleep and shortly after the couple settled in bed and rested for that evening with Amie by their side.
 

MORNING OF DEPARTURE
 

Jinki's loud disturbing alarm sounded and woke him out his peaceful sleep hoping it wouldn't wake Zoe and Amie. After his alarm sounded, he allowed a few more minutes of rest before he could wake himself. He felt groggy and wasn't prepared to leave his warm cozy home without his family. As he swung his legs to the edge of the bed, he the lamp that lied down on the night stand next to their bed before he strolled to the bathroom with one slipper on. He began his morning with a long release of his urine build up. "Ahh~" he sighed in relief. Shortly afterwards he trudged over to the sink to wash his face and brush his teeth. He began to feel himself become energized after washing his face.


"Jinki?" He heard name being called by his wife. Zoe was a light sleeper, and when Jinki or Amie wasn't by her side it was noticeable and she'd wake up immediately. Peaking outside the bathroom door, Jinki looked over at his wife lying in bed and she appeared to be sleeping. [Did she just call me?] a strange look came across his face, then he thought she'd been talking in her sleep and continued to prepare getting ready. "Lee Jinki..." Zoe called a second time and she got no reply because he had been make making so much noise shaving. 


When it became quiet again, she called his name a third time in which he replied. "Have you been up that entire time?" He asked as he walked over to her and sat on the bed.


"Eung..."


"What's the matter?" Zoe couldn't reply and gazed into his eyes. "Please don't cry..." He said as he leaned in closer to her and pulled her hair out of her face.


"Stay home." Zoe pouted while she caressed his face as reality set into place. The feeling of just getting know her husband being separated for a period of time would take some adjusting to do.


"I wish I could but I can't. You'll be fine, I promise. My mom will be here later to make breakfast and take you to Étude for work." Zoe sighed at the thought of returning to work while pregnant. 


"Kiss..." She whined again pouting.


"You're so whiney." Jinki complained while Zoe scrunched her face towards him."Alright I have to put some clothes on and get going." He got up off the bed and pinched his rear end.


"You have a flat ." Zoe said jokingly. She couldn't help but to take a glimpse of his small squishy every chance she had. She had to touch it one last time before he left.


"You love my flat ." He replied back in English causing Zoe to cackle.


After a brief moment of silence Zoe said, "Make sure you call me when you reach your destination."


"I will don't worry." Jinki said after he finished getting dressed. He took his bags to the front door and came back to kiss Zoe one last time. "Come give me a kiss." He said as he sat took a seat on the edge of the bed. Zoe had gotten up and sat on his lap and hugged him tightly while he embraced her body within his arms. She didn't want to let go. Pulling away from his embrace she cupped his face and began to kiss him passionately which seemed to last forever. "Jagiya I gotta go." Zoe ignored his request and insisted on continuing. "Zoe..."


She stopped, looked him in the eye and pulled him in for another passionate long lasting kiss. "Okay...Jinki, I'm done." Zoe let go of their embrace and found her way back in bed while Jinki circled to the other side of the bed to kiss Amie on the cheek and her hair. "Give Yumi a kiss Jinki!" And Jinki certainly kissed Zoe's tummy and spoke to Yumi briefly. 


"Yumi-ah, be good to umma while I'm away."


"Do you have everything you need?"


"Yes, and please rest well while I'm away. Mom will be here soon, I'll call you when I my flight is about to depart." 


Zoe nodded and said, "I love you."


"I love you more. Go back to sleep." Jinki left their bedroom and gently closed the door behind him.


Zoe tried not to fill herself with worry so she fell back asleep. Before she knew it, the sun was up and it was time for breakfast. Her mother in law had also prepared her healthy snacks since Zoe would be returning to work that very morning. She immediately checked her phone and saw she had a missed call and text message from Jinki. It was a photo of him lying in bed.


My bed is so lonely without you.
-Jinki


Zoe smiled and replied back,


Can you live without me for two weeks?
-Zoe


Zoe had gotten out of bed and thought about how her first day back at work would go. Since Zoe and Jinki weren't able to find a school for Amie to enroll in due to her young age, they decided to have her home schooled and signed her up for private ballet lessons in the meantime while their schedules were busy.


"How do you feel about returning to work this morning?" Jinki's mom asked.


"I'm nervous and hoping it goes well."
 

"Don't worry you'll be fine. And make you take your breaks on time so you're not on your feet all the time." Zoe took her mother in laws advice. "Besides you'll have a short teaming shift today."

Before she went to work she threw on a light layer of makeup and blush then quickly prepared Amie for her private ballet lessons before they headed to their destination. As Zoe sat in the back seat with Amie, she looked out the window of the car and familiarized herself with the area near her work place and as the car came to a stop, her body tensed up and she became more timid about entering her work place.