Who Are You?

When Jinki Takes Care of Me {Precious Life Sequel}

Zoe's POV

My life has completely turned upside down. I don’t know who I am, where I’m from, or what home and job I occupy. I woke up one morning and realized I was 25 years old. How in the world did time fly by so quickly? I thought to myself. There’s so much that I had to accomplish within those 25 years but, now I shall focus on my surroundings. I don’t even know where to even begin. Who am I married to and do I have kids? Continuously to questioning myself, I came about guessing on where I should start, according to my family and possibly a husband.

Now that I’ve explained I’m unsure of being married, I rolled over to my left on the bed a realized there was a man next to me. Was he my husband?! I exclaimed in my own thoughts and began to move closer to him to analyze his face. Noticing he appeared to be very handsome, and a familiar face, I couldn’t seem to make it out. I lied there dwelling on my thoughts for the longest, until he spoke.

“Good Morning Jagiya”, he said. *Jagiya is Korean for, honey, sweetheart, ect.

Jagiya? Oh my… I then realized who he was at that moment. It was Korea’s most popular K-pop Leader of the best music group. Is he really my husband, the man I was so in love with, the man of my dreams? It can’t possibly be he’s neither my husband nor boyfriend. Why is he here?

“Good morning,” I said confusingly and ran to the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror and then I looked down, and I noticed I had a bump in my stomach. Is this real, am I really pregnant? I’m too young for this. I screamed making Jinki hop out of the bed and running to the bathroom to check on me.

“Jagiya, gwenchanayo?” he asked.

“Jagiya? Stop calling me that please and why are you here and how am I pregnant?” I yelled really loud.

“What do you mean why am I here, I’m your husband and I’m looking after you,” he stated.

 

            Am I Crazy? What has happened to me over the years? I can’t remember anything and I’m in denial that he’s my husband. I stormed out the bathroom quickly and made my way through the house looking around trying to understand where I was, why was I living with this man, and how I got pregnant. As I made my way around the unfamiliar house, I noticed it was an antiqued Korean style.

Where am I, and where is my mom, dad and brother? While I continued to make my way through the house I was stopped by a little child tugging on my shirt. She was really adorable, I wondered whose child she was.

            “Umma, begopahyo (Mom I’m hungry).” The little one complained.

Umma? Am I really that crazy I’m hallucinating? Trying not to ignore the little one I decided to feed her, whether she was my child or not. I just couldn’t understand why I can’t remember anything so I decided to call my mom. I always called her when something went wrong, or when I didn’t know what to do. I picked up the phone and dialed her number.

            “Mom what’s going on I’m confused, where am I, who is the man I’m in the house with, and why am I pregnant,” I rambled without giving her a chance to explain.

            “What are you talking about? The man that’s in that house with you is your husband and how didn’t you know you’re pregnant,” she asked seriously.

Why is she answering my question with a question? I thought she was going to give me a direct answer not question me. She’s not helping right now. I got off the phone with her and decided to explore the house again. I looked around and the pictures on the walls caught my eye. It was wedding pictures with me and Jinki together, and the other pictures were of me and him the little girl who had had told me she was hungry earlier. We all looked happy together as a family. Am I really married, and is that girl my daughter? Tears ran down my face as I tried recalling everything that had happened over the years, but I couldn’t seem to put it together. It was the worst feeling ever not knowing what had happened to me over the past years. I just went with it and decided to call him my husband and the young girl my daughter.

I looked up and saw Jinki and the child who I think is my daughter staring at me. I quickly wiped the tears from my face and stood up to walk away, but before I could leave Jinki grabbed me by wrist stopping me by saying,

“I understand it’s a lot for you to understand and remember, but if you want I’ll explain everything again to you so you can have a better understanding of what’s going.”

“What do you mean explain everything to me again? I think the pictures said enough, you’re my husband and she’s my daughter right? That’s all the explaining you have to do,” I stated boldly.

“Well, yeah that’s a part of it but that’s not everything. How do I say this?” He hesitated, and took a deep breath and I looked at him and saw that tears in his eyes began to form.

What could be worse than not knowing who your family is? I looked at him sadly and tears were about to form in my eyes.

“Jagiya, you were diagnosed with short term memory loss 3 years ago, that’s why you can’t remember anything. I hung up our pictures all over the house so you can always remember who I am and our daughter.”

 What? I cried from being overwhelmed, scared and unable to digest what I was being told. Maybe that’s why Jinki wasn’t upset at me when I couldn’t remember anything. I woke up at realizing that I’m 25 years old, married with a child and pregnant with another. At least I could remember my age but not knowing anything else was worst feeling ever. I thought being 25 was terrible but not knowing who I am is worse.