Wishing Upon A Star (chapter 6)

Wishing Upon A Star

here i am adding more and more chapters :D i'm on fire today XD! anyway, next chapter!!

Lee Kyu won's point of view:

Today i am meeting up with a good friend of mine. I met him during my studies overseas. I have to admit, we didn't get along at first, However over time, we got to know each other better. And i figured that he is what japanese people would say a 'tsundere'? i got to know this when i visited japan several times. These type of characters are very popular i heard. 

Either way, i really miss Hyu Woon. I guess we've been so glued together for a whole year that i don't know how it feels like without him. But don't get me wrong though. I think of him as a little brother, nothing more nor less.

And today, i will be meeting my little brother of mine. Though we talked about not so special things, i am glad that we talked face to face with each other. Though i noticed that he has beem spacing out for a while.

"Hyu woon-ssi? are you okay? you've been spacing out for a while now."

"oh... it's nothing really"

"are you sure? i mean you just got off your flight, so it's understandable that you're exhauted"

"hey, it's not like it was a long distance flight. So keep your cool"

"hm... if you say so"

Well, i wouldn't say that he is the nicest person on earth though. His way of talking, and his high pride, reminds me of a certain someone. Ah... it seems like i've been thinking of him very often lately. Lee shin. Well, i just wanted him to participate on kang dung nims latest drama project. I mean, he has highly very good potential composing skills. It would be such a waste for him to waste all that talent... just to avoid me.

"kyu won-ssi? hello? earth calling Lee Kyu won!!"

"what? Hyu Woon! what's up with that?"

"well, you just spaced out"

"Well, so did you! and i didn't use such weird methods to snap you out  of it!"

"Forgive me, i have no idea"

"it's alright" i said while patting his head.

"Hey! what do you think you're doing?!"

"hahahahhahaha"

At new york when we were together we often talked bout ourselves, until a point where Hyu woon told me about his inexperience in having a true friend. He told me about his family background and his life up until now. The reason why he never had a true friend basically. There was a moment of pity there for me. That's why i decided to befriend him. But then, from pity it really turned into true friendship. I no longer hang out with him because i pity him. I simply do because i enjoy hanging out with him.

"Um... Kyu won-ssi. would you like to walk around instead of sitting here and chat?"

"well, i don't mind if we sit and chat. but i simply love walking around! it's been a while since i've been in seol. i guess i need to update myself to this city"

"shall we then?"

We walked side by side as we strolled down the busy streets of seol. We took several pictures as we passed interesting sculptures and monuments. And then i stopped for a moment when i saw a bench that looks pretty familiar. It looks like there used to be a tree next to it. However, it has been cut down. An old woman who passed by asked whether i wondered if there was a tree before. I told her i do. Then she told me that the tree collapsed during the previous storm, and they had to cut it down completely. 

And then i remember. This was the park where Lee shin and i listened to his composition for the ending song of the 100th anniversary of the school. It was such a bitter sweet memory. 

"Kyu won-ssi... do you feel like sitting down?"

"Huh?"

"well, i wondered, because you've been staring at the bench for a while now"

"What? nooo.... of course not"

But then Hyu Woon pushed me to sit on the bench. And told me "wait here while i bring you some ice cream. you want the rainbow sherbet and vanilla right?"

"uh... yeah" i guess he knows my favorite flavor of ice cream already. well, i'm not that surprised though. 

*meanwhile*

Hyu woon: excuse me, i would like a double scoop. um... vanilla and rainbow sherbet please. yes. and then another double scoop with chocolate and parlines and cream.

Lee Shin: Can i have the caramel and vanilla please. *turns around to see Hyu Woon with 2 double scoops of ice cream*

Hyu Woon: thank you! um... how do i get this stupid wallet with both of my hands occupied?

Lee Shin: let me help you. *grabs both of the ice cream*

Hyu woon: Oh. thank you. *pays the cashier*

Lee shin: Is your appetite large, or is it for a friend?

Hyu Woon: *turns to him while grabbing back his ice cream* well, it's for a friend.

Lee Shin: I see, funny enough, i know a person who likes this combination of flavor.

Hyu Woon: is that so? oh well, i better get going then

Lee Shin: oh sure.

"oh! Hyu woon-ssi! that took you long enough!"

"sorry Kyu won-ssi... i had trouble paying with both hands occupied"

*looks at him holding 2 ice creams* "then... how did you?"

"oh there was this very kind guy who helped me earlier. I already said my thanks"

"interesting..."

"anyways, want to continue to walk?"

"um!"

It seems like, some of my memories in seol are still vivid in my mind, even though they are slowly dissapearing in reality. And what's worse, is that it it every single memory that is somehow, someway or another connected with Lee Shin. I guess, i have to accept this ugly truth. That even though i tried everything in the world to hate him, i couldn't. Not even close to it. The more i think about him, the more i don't understand why we broke up in the first place. Was it because of my transfer? but distance should not be a problem to us back then. Why... Why did we end up like this? where did we go wrong? where did we make the wrong turn?

"Kyu won! Kyu won-ssi!!" *grabs her by the waist*

"Huh?" *then realizes that cars were passing by with an incredible speed*

"For goodness sake. Will you stop spacing out?"

"U-um... i..."

"Please be more careful... " he said while hugging me. For one second i thought i lost my breath. But then i knew it that it was real. I'm losing my breath... because... he's literally suffocating me!!!

"H-h-h-hyu woon!! you're killing me!!"

"whoops i guess hugged too tightly" he said as he lets me go while laughing it off

"What if reporters see us?"

"oh yeah, i forgot, we became quite famous in Korea right?"

"Really this kid" and then i messed up his hair. Then he messed up mine. And laughed together.

*at the same time and place*

"oppa... what's wrong? hurry up, we'll be late for the movie"

"No.. it's okay... suddenly... i don't feel like watching..."

"What? oppa! what's gotten into you? i really want to watch this movies with you! oppa!! sheessh... what's gotten into him?"

To be continued......

(uh-oh.... it seems like our Lee Shin witnessed something he shouldn't! well, let's wait for the next chapter!)