Wishing Upon A Star (Chapter 40)

Wishing Upon A Star

When Shinhye arrived in front of Lee shins house she was welcomed warmly with a great bear hug from haraboje. She returned the hug and hugged him back warmly “What’s this all of a sudden haraboje?” she asked confused, wasn’t she supposed to meet up with Lee shin?. “My little granddaughter finally graduated.”  He said as he smiled.

 “Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later haraboje” Gyu won said calmly, shaking off the thought of lee shin and gave all of her love for haraboje.

The two rocked back and forth slowly as they continued to hug. Then finally, after haraboje let’s go of the hug he gestured Gyu won to wait there. Gyu won waited as she was told until haraboje came back out while holding an envelope in his right hand.

“Here” He said as he handed the small envelope “I can’t be bothered to read it out to you” He said while making himself comfortable by sitting down.

Gyu won stared at the nicely decorated envelope that haraboje handed over and asked “who sent this?” There was nothing written on the exterior of the envelope. No name, no information, nothing. Only a neatly handwritten writing which says ‘To: Gyu won’

Haraboje just looks away awkwardly and answered “ I have no idea, I found that letter that is addressed to you in the mailbox just this afternoon”

The truth is Hyuu won came over earlier this morning to haraboje and handed this envelope to him. But Haraboje was told to not mention anything like that to Gyu won. Why did he agree to do it?

Flashback

“Anyeonghaseyo haraboje” Hyuu won greeted him with a smile

“Anyeongseo, omo? Isn’t this Hyuu won? Have you come to listen to my past stories?” Haraboje asked

“Ani. I would love to, but today I have come for another reason” He said calmly

“And for what reason may that be?” haraboje asked curiously

“Will you do the honor of handing this envelope over to Gyu won?” Hyuu won asked humbly for his help and cooperation.

Haraboje raised a brow, took the envelope and examined it carefully. “May I know the content of the envelope?” He asked.

Hyuu won smiled and answered. “The owner of the envelope wishes the envelope to be sealed until it is handed over to gyu won.” Haraboje was about to decline until Hyuu won cut him and continued to explain “However, he informed me that if haraboje wishes to know the contents of the letter… I will explain in generally”

Haraboje paused then asked “will this envelope bring harm to my granddaughter?” He asked lastly

Hyuu wons’ lips immediately curved upwards and said “Far from it”

He traced Hyuwons body from top to bottom then replied “That explanation is enough to convince me to do you a favor. I don’t need a report of the contents of the letter. I am a busy man”

Hyuu won chuckled lightly then said “Of course you are” and got a smile in reply “Kamsahamida haraboje, we owe you a lot”

“We?”

Hyuuwon just smiled softly and excused himself; before he had left he said “Please keep this meeting a secret from Gyu won”

“Whatever” Haraboje said before sending Hyuu won out.

“oh” He said and popped his head back in “Give it to her in front of lee shins house” He said lastly before dashing off for real.”Aigoo.. kids these days”

 

End of flashback

“Go on” Haraboje said “Hurry up and open that mysterious letter of yours”

“De” Gyu won answered simply before tearing the envelope open. “I wonder what’s inside?” she thought to herself

1 + 1 = 2

Is this true or false?

 

“Omo? What kind nonsense it this?” She bickered before reading on

 

If it is true, then proceed to the bus stop in front of the baskin robbins shop. If false, then- seriously Gyu won? You won’t say it’s false would you?

Gyu won laughed then put on her shoes “This seems interesting”

Gyu won walked and walked to the bus stop overflowing with the feelings of anticipation. She couldn’t wait to see what else lies in store for her. When she arrived in the bus stop she encountered Jae hae who was sitting on the bench. He somehow looked… down?

“Anyeong  Joon hae” Gyu won called out cheerfully. But Joon hee only responded by looking up to her a weak nod.

Unsure what to do next Gyu won sat next to him observing him from time to time. Sure, she was excited of the game that the mysterious sender gave but… joon hee looks so pitiful, how could she leave him alone?

“What’s wrong?” She asked worriedly

“Hm? Well… my Natasha was supposed to come today but, the plane got canceled, so she had to look for other tickets. And so far, she had no luck” He said sadly

Gyu won pursed her lips and then gave Joon hee a friendly hug “Gwaenchana, I’m sure she’ll find a plane ticket eventually” She said to assure him that everything’s gonna be alright as she gently pat his back. Little did she know the smile forming upon Joon hees lips and soon disappeared when she lets go.

“Eonni”

“Neh?”

“If you had an important person that is living overseas would you be sad?”

Gyu won looked at him surprised, then went in deep thought. Would she?

Joon hae waited for her answer with full anticipation as he remembered what Hyuu won had told him “remember, give out her questions or riddles, anything to your liking while we set up over here to keep her occupied, neh?” This’ll be a piece of cake Hyung-nim. Joon hae thought to himself.

“Well….” She begun, and snapped Joon hae back to reality “It would be an obvious lie to say that I won’t be sad… ‘cause I know for sure there will be moments where I’ll miss the person.” She answered honestly, and Joon hae nods “But it’ll be exciting at the same time as you always anticipate how much the person grows while you’re not beside him, no?” She said in a bubbly manner and passed before she goes on. “ Will he change? Does he miss me as much as I do? Does he still love me just as much or maybe more like the last time we met face to face? Or… will he not have those feelings for me anymore?” She said as her voice slowly becomes soft and sad. Joon hae knows exactly the person she’s referring to. “Distance can really do wonders to ones relationship, don’t you agree?” She said

Joon hae nodded and gave her a wide smile “Eonni, I hope my hyung will make the wisest choice tonight”

Gyu won exchanged a smile and said “I’ll support whatever decision he makes”

stay strong Gyu won ah”  Joon hae thought to himself.

“By the way, joon hae”

“Neh?”

“Do you spot any mysterious looking letter around here?”

Joon hae shook his head while refraining himself from smiling “No, I haven’t. Wae yo?”

“The thing is-“

“But I do have a message” He said as he curved his lips upwards, as he is unable to refrain himself.

Gyu wons raised her eyebrows and looked at him in shock “A message?”

Joon hae nodded in excitement before saying “Now, I shall deliver the message to you” He said as he inhaled deeply.

 “To my beloved chingu, if joon hae reveals this secret message then you have passed the test! Ding deng ding ding!” Joon he exclaimed cheerfully.

 Gyu won chuckled in surprise and continued to listen to the message. “Now, according to your answer, roughly, you will miss me won’t you?” Joon hae said as he grinned. Gyu wons nose immediately scrunched as she heard the statement and said in monotone “Lee shin, huh?”

“Omo? Is it that obvious?” Joon hae accidently blurted out

Suddenly out of nowhere, a slipper came flying straight to Joon haes direction and managed to hit his head right off the bat. As he groaned in pain, Gyu won quickly searches for the culprit, or culprits. Unfortunately no one was in sight.

“gwaenchana yo… Gyu won eonni~ I’ll carry on” Joon hae said as he stood back up on his feet. “If you really so miss me, then you should really hurry over to the school hall” Joon hae ended the message with a sincere smile.

“JOON HAE!!” two figures sprang out of the bushes near Gyu won and Joon hae

“Omo? Were you guys supposed to come out?” He asked innocently

“Yah! You Pabo! What kind of riddle was that?” Bo eun scolded

“Oh? It was supposed to be a riddle?” Joon hae said as he scratched his head “Biyane~ I messed up”

Hyuu won held his forehead and shook his head from side to side “Never mind then. Since we’re busted anyway, just hurry over to the school hall, Lee shin should be done by now” Hyuuwon said to gyu won with a kind smile.

“Done?” Gyu won asked dumbfound

Hyuuwon just eyed at her watch with a smirk. Gyu checked her watch and came to realization. It is 08:05 PM.

“I…”

“Gotta run?” Hyuuwon finished her sentence for her

Gyu won gave him a small smile and took the bus as soon as it arrived which was seconds after. “You know where you’ll find him!” Hyuu won called out just before the bus’s door closed.


A/N: Anyeong~ updated again my lovely readers! sorry  for the very absolutely late update. i have been occupied by my ectivities outside of the internet world... so i barely have time to upload this chapter even though it was done for quite some time now. Anywho~ what kind of answer do you think Lee shin will give her? please anticipate for the next chapter soon enough! ^^ Love you all! and hold out a little longer! the series will be completed soon!