Wishing Upon A Star (Chapter 39)

Wishing Upon A Star

That whole day Gyu won had been left dazed. The scene of Lee shin kissing her forehead kept on replaying numerous times, and it have always left her grinning sheepishly, causing her friends to feel concerned about her health.

They wonder if the poor girl had hit her head, or probably lack nutrition and kept on daydreaming of food the whole time.

“If there is anything sick about her, then she is love-sick” Bo eun commented out loud as she observed the blissful girl bumping to yet another door and apologized to it as if it were a real person. She then sighed hopelessly while holding onto her forehead while restraining herself from watching her dear friend any longer, for it has always left her speechless.

“Hm… Hyung was a little too aggressive this morning wasn’t he? I mean… even though it was only on the forehead, it was a kiss after all…” Jae hee also commented while remembering the morning incident once again.

“Come on guys, let the girl be happy. She had been down for the past few weeks already, hasn’t she?” Hyuuwon followed up as soon as he popped into the scene. “What’s so wrong about lovers kissing in public anyway?” He carried on while sliding his arm onto Bo euns shoulder, which caused her to blush.

Jae hee coughed and pointed at Hyuuwons arm that is dangling on Bo euns shoulders while saying “You guys… get a room!”

“Mboya? It’s not like we’re making out here!” Bo eun protested, with Hyuuwon smirking behind her, leaving Jae hee gritting his teeth.

“Sheeeshhh!! If only my Natasha was here~” He whimpered, and dashed off somewhere leaving the two dazed in amazement.

“Omo? He was actually jealous?” Hyuuwon said blankly, still not grasping onto the situation.

Bo eun chuckled and gave the boy a light peck before smirking playfully and s her arm around his waist. “Well, Gyu won and lee shin is not the only one happy around here, right?” She stated with a wide grin plastered onto her face.

Hyuuwon gaped from her sudden action. Vo eun can see that clearly from his eyes and mouth and carried on “Well, I kind of understand how he feels though… I mean, his girl is all the way in the united kingdom afterall”

 

“That puppy-like whimpy kid has a girl?!” Hyuuwon said in a surprised tone.

 

“Yup!A pretty one at that” Bo eun explained while pulling him forward. “Now, let’s get going! We’re gonna be late for the assembly!”

 

“Assembly? Oh right…” Hyuuwon smiled weakly at the thought that this will be their last assembly as campus students “The performance had ended quite awhile ago had it?”

“Yeah it had” Bo eun replied softly and tightened her grip. She understood the meaning behind Hyuuwons sudden weak voice. He knew that this day were to come. Even so, it would be nice to stay this way for a much longer time.

Not too far from where Bo eun and Hyuuwon were standing, Lee shin had been lazily laying down on the grass of the campus grounds while listening to his ipod. Gyu won had noticed him from afar and quietly crept and sat next to him. She stared into the figure that was sleeping so soundly, as if he didn’t give a care of the world.

 

“How can you sleep so soundly while our assembly is in 5 minutes?” she said with a warm smile

 

Indecisive of what to do, Gyu won twirled her hair and brushed his hair from his face. His face was so baby-like that she didn’t have the nerve to wake him up. For the remaining time she continued to stare at him with a warm smile. Her heart felt so warm and calm while sitting next to him that she didn’t realize that time had passed rather quickly.

“Should I let him sleep?” She finally said when she heard from the school broadcast ordered for every sophomore students to assemble in the school hall.

She gave one last sigh before turning around, and was on the verge of getting up, until something had held her back down by embracing her hips. She turned around and saw Lee shin in an awkward laying position and let out a small laugh.

 

“Ugh.. Why are you laughing Lee Gyu won?” Lee shin scowled with his y morning voice.

 

“Morning Lee shin” Gyu won greeted him with a warm smiled

 

Lee shin laughed at the greeting. It was the second time that she had said that to him today. “It seems that your mind is still stuck in the morning class?” Lee shin

Gyu won immediately understood what he was referring to and flushed bright red from embarrassment. It was true. She immediately covered her face with her palms and dropped her head down, unable to face him directly.

 

“Yah… why are you covering your face Gyu won ah?” lee shin kept on saying teasingly, as leaned forward.

 

“Bi-Biyan… it’s just so embarrassing for me, just imagining it…”

 

Lee shins playful switch had and begun his teasing mode. “omo? But we’ve gone even further that that right?” He said with a wide smirk planted onto his face.

Gyu wons face became even redder and hotter this time. She knew what he was talking about, oh god how she wish that she had a bad memory to not remember those embarrassing incidents.

“Gyu won ah…” His voice sounded closer and closer until she can lightly feel his warm breath on her palms that were covering her face. “Can I please kiss you?” He asked with a rather pleading tone.

Gyu won moved one of her fingers, causing a small gap in between her fingers to widen and saw Lee shins loving stare at her, with his cheeks bright red.

“May i?” He repeated

One of her screws in her head must have been loose, because her mind completely went blank at the request. Unable to think of any proper answer she desperately tried to change the topic.

“W-we h-h-have to g-g-get g-g-going, Th-th-the s-s-sc-school assembly-”

Lee shin had immediately burst into laughter after hearing Gyu wons stuttering and the said “Arasso arasso, should we get going then?” He ended the moment by giving her a gentle hug and a soft chuckle.

Gyu won nodded repeatedly at the question, and earned lee shins smile.

 “Kure, let’s go!!” He energetically said while giving Gyu won yet another surprise attack of lifting her princess style, and dashed off to the school hall.

In the school hall, every sophomore student had assembled and lined up in neat files while they patiently listened to the headmasters lecture. Several were already yawning and some had nearly lost their balance from falling asleep during the event.

Kangdungnim had been standing on the sidelines, while holding onto several small sheets of papers. When the headmaster had finished his lecture, the students finally showed signs of life on their faces. But then they were griefly disappointed by kangdungnims sudden appearance on stage.

“Hey there you snoozing lazy brats” Kang dung nim begun his speech and managed to completely awaken several sleeping students. “The assembly is not yet over” he carried on with an evil smirk.

Professor Jung who stood among the other lecturers had faced palmed herself to her husband’s childish speech and restrained herself from going onto stage herself and give him a good pinch on the ear as usual. As the groans and complaints of the students had buzzed in the air, a sudden opening of the hall entrance made the students silent, curious of the source of the sound.

As they did, two figures had stood in the middle of the entrance and made their way in the hall like any other student.

 

“Sorry we’re late.” Lee shin stated as he put Gyu won back on the ground “It was my fault” He continued and slipped his hand to hold Gyu wons.

 

“I figured” Kang dung nim answered through the microphone “Please have a seat”

 

Gyu won had awkwardly smiled at Bo eun who had been staring at them since their appearance and gave her a teasing grin. Who wouldn’t?

 

“Continuing my speech…” kang dung nim said while clearing his throat “I just wanted to say, that you all had made a big impact on my life as a director here. You guys… made me remember so many things that I used to do myself when i was your age, which I had long forgotten. I am grateful to you all for making me feel young again”

He paused as he heard chuckles echoing from every corner of the room, then continued “As to those who had participated in the two plays that I have directed during my stay here… I would personally thank you all for being such wonderful bunch to direct.” He paused then took a deep breath, as if he were holding back some tears. “We had many good times and bad times didn’t we?”

Not long after, some sniffles went around the room. “You all will be going through different stages in life, and believe me, they’re not easy. But if it’s you guys… all you have to do it stand on your ground, and face those problems head to head… ‘Cause you all have one hell of stone rock heads!” He laughed hastily and carried on with a slightly more hoarse voice. “Thank you… once again. It was fun guys. It was fun.” Kangdung nim can no longer hold back the tears, and let one drop of tear run down his face and carried on with a wide smile on his face.

 

“I hope that youthful fire that still burns passionately for arts… will forever enlighten many more in the future, and someday, we’ll cross paths again, and laugh together again!!”

 

That last sentence was the trigger of echoing cries in the hall of many students, including Gyu won. She cried her eyeballs out like there was no tomorrow. There was no denying that this school holds a special place in her heart… nearly as close as how Lee shin is. Lee shin who watched his beloved his girl cries her eyeballs out tightened his grip, which caused her to look up to him.

Lee shin gave her a warm smile before leaning his head to hers “quite an emotional speech he’s giving isn’t he?”

Gyu won let out a soft smile in between her sobs and answered him “Yeah”

As soon as the graduation ceremony ended everyone immediately threw their hats and cheered together. Any were hugging each other, exchanging buttons, and there were even several love confessions. “It will be a very nostalgic memory thinking back about this” Bo eun said as the group had assembled together.

 

“Yeah…  it will be” Gyu won said softly. “So… let’s have drinks as celebration of our graduation?” Jae hee proposed

 

“I’ll pass”

 

“Wae gyu won eonni?” Jae hee whimpered

 

“I have some business to attend to” She said before waving goodbye and dashed off home. Little did she know the crowd that was smirking along with Jae hee, Bo eun, and Hyuuwon.

“Alright guys, you know the drill” Bo eun said rather cheekily as she turned around to face the party while earning wider smirks from them. “Let’s give Gyu won the best graduation memory yet!”


A/N: Finally updating again after so long! (^^) Anyways.... i hope my readers are having a good day as usual! :) I hope you like the update!

Thank you so much for being patient as usual and for being kind enough to upport me all the way! I will be absent again for about 2 weeks for my final exam... so you guys might have to wait a bit longer again (please forgive me!! im such a failure of an author TT_TT)

Regardless! i will update as soon as my exams are done! XD so i will ask a favor to wait for me until then! And then you may bash me up for updating so randomly and infrequently (Kidding! please don't kill me!)

Anywayss thank you again for all of your support and kindness, may god bless you all! And see you all again!

P.s you all know the drill ;) comment! (and upvote and subscribe if you think this story is worth it :))