Wishing Upon A Star (chapter 19) ~Lee shins happiness~

Wishing Upon A Star

To my dear readrs and subscribers.... please excuse the late updates! my internet is not cooperating with me lately -_- anyway! The next chapter! (Authors nore: Orange is Kyuwon, Green in Hyuuwon, Blue is Lee shin, Red is Kim suk hyun/ kangdungnim, Light purple is Professor yoon-soo)

 
After Lee shin left, the atmosphere in the house's pretty awkward. Kyu won hasn't spoken to me since she offered me lunch. And... She really is taking her time in making.. whatever she's making. I wonder when she'll be done? To be blunt, i am quite hungry right now.
 
"Kyu won-ssi..."
 
"Huh?" *turns around and then realizes that Hyuuwon's still waiting for his lunch* "Ah... Hyuuwon-ssi.... sorry for the wait!" *Then speeds up her mixing*
 
"You seem.... dead?"
 
"What?"
 
"You've been staring into space for awhile you know. Thank god that the water didn't over boil"
 
"Really?"
 
"If i hadn't call you earlier... it might've over boiled by now"
 
"I see.... well, thanks. I don't know how i'd explain it to Lee shins mom if i had destroyed her kitchen" *Then she giggles*
 
*Long sigh* "You seem to get along with his family?"
 
"Yeah, we've know each other for quite some time... And we're neighbors! we see each other nearly everyday"
 
"including Lee shin?"
 
"Why're you asking?"
 
"Just because"
 
"You never change, do you Hyuuwon-ssi?"
 
*immidiately cuts her* "Just answer the question"
 
*Looks at him with a puzzled look* "Well... obviously, i see him quite often. By the way.... are you experiencing some stress right now?"
 
"Why do you  ask?"
 
"Well... lately your temper seems to  be... out of hand"
 
"Oh, that? well... rather than stress, it's more like exhaustion. Anyways, where's lunch?"
 
"Oh! almost forgot. Here you go!"
 
*Recieved the hot pot of soup and a bowl of rice* "Thanks"
 
"Your welcome" *Then Kyu wons phone rings*
 
*Picks up the phone*
 
"Anyongseo? kangdungnim?"
 
 
*At the other side of the line*
 
"Ah... Kyu won-ssi... how's your weekend coming along?"
 
"It's good, it's good. Is something wrong kangdungnim? why're you calling on a weekend?"
 
"Well, since you're neighbors, i assume that you know that i called Lee Shin over to the studio right?"
 
"Yes... i do know of that. What about it?"
 
"Well... one reason is, asking him to compose for the ending song of the play. And so far... i'm not quite satisfied with the melody"
 
"yes?"
 
"Well... i was wondering if... you and Hyuuwon would like to help him compose. Since you both are the lead roles, i figured that you'd like to help him"
 
"Um..."
 
"Great! then i'll see you both soon! in the usual place okay? " *hangs up*
 
"Wait! kang dungnim! kangdung nim! mo.... this guy! his selfishness never changes!"
 
*Hyuuwon then gets up* "Ah... the soup was good. Guess we should hurry up and head to the studio?'
 
"You over heard again?"
 
*hyuuwon nods*
 
"I guess we have no choice..."
 
*At the studio*
 
"Kang dung nim... Just what is it with the song that you don't like?"
 
"Do you want me to be blunt?"
 
"Just spill it out"
 
"The song... doesn't have a soul"
 
"What?"
 
"Compared to the ending song that you made for the last performance... this song you made... is way below my expectations"
 
"What do you mean by that?"
 
"your last song, even though it needs a little editing, it still has that feeling in it which can move a persons heart. But this song... there's nothing wrong with it in terms of melody and arrangement. And i can tell that you're a very talented musician. But, unfortunately... you failed in expression"
 
"But i-"
 
"I asked Kyu won and Hyuuwon to come over. They should be able to pin point it out for you"
 
"Kyu won?!"
 
*Kangdungnim looks at him closely, and he can tell that Lee  Shin is not feeling comfortable after hearing that Kyu won will be coming over* "Shin ah. Did you by any chance, tell Kyu won about your surgery?"
 
"No.. and why would i do that?"
 
'Yah... you should at least tell her that.... remember? she was worried to the bones when she found out that you sprained your wrist"
 
"Then can you imagine how worried she'll get when she found out that i had a surgery?"
 
"well...."
 
"I just don't like it when i am the reason that she cries"
 
This guy.... don't tell me that he.... still loves her? "Yah... do you still-"
 
"Shin ah..."
 
*Kangdung nim stops talking and Lee shin turns around* "If you keep on hiding the truth... then it will never be revealed"
 
"Professor..."
 
"What the.. i thought that was Kyu won. It would've been priceless if she overheard us."
 
"More like a disaster. She would be really hurt if she found out the truth this way, than hearing it from the man herself" *Looks at Lee shin* "Shin ah... aren't you going to regret this? acting as of you don't care. Reverting back to the way you were before. And acting as if you've moved on, even though she still occupies  your mind 24/7?!"
 
"yah....Yoon soo..."
 
"Well let me tell you one thing. Acting cool, is not going to solve anyone's problem. Not even yours. And let me tell you Lee shin, you're just running away from it. Running away from the fact and truth. You're too scared, aren't you? you're too scared that Kyu won might not be the same kyu won that you know 2 years ago?"
 
"..."
 
"Why are you silent? answer me, Lee shin!!'
 
"YOON SOO!" *Yoon soo turns around* "That's enough... i asked Shin and Kyu won to come here for the performance. Besides, It's none of our business anyway"
 
"You may be right Kim suk hyun... But, just let me say one last thing. If you don't hurry up and wake up soon lee shin... Someone might steal her away from you"
 
"professor Yoon soo.... have you ever come across the term 'sacrifice'?"
 
"Why are you asking me?"
 
*Smirks* "The world is not that generous.... You can't obtain 2 hapinesses at once. it's either one, or the other"
 
"What do you mean by that?"
 
"In other words. It's either mine.. or hers"
 
"What are you talking about?"
 
"Our happiness. For me... it's enough.... if she's happy. Though i wouldn't say that i am completely happy when another man is standing by her side..."
 
"What?"
 
"I know that... Kyu won... when she finds out that she had left me here when i had this surgery... she wouldn't have forgiven  herself"
 
*Kangdung nim and professor Yoon soo stayed quiet* "Though the situation is no exactly the same... but you understand how i feel right now, don't you? Professor Yoon soo? worrying about how the other person is thinking right now, when he/she finds out that you're badly hurt.. and you're not by their side to say 'It's not your fault' ?"
 
"Shin ah..."
 
"No one can change the way i think right now. I have come to this resolution... after thinking carefully about it. And i doubt that anyone can shaken this decision"
 
*Kyu won and Hyuuwon enters*
 
"What resolution?"
 
*Lee shin fears for what he hears and then turns around. There he saw, Kyu won and Hyuuwon standing by the door with faces and expressions that are indescripable*
 
 
 
 
To be continued.........
 
(jajaaaaaan did Kyu wonn overheard their conversation? well... let's find out next time!)