Wish Upon A Star (chapter 5)

Wishing Upon A Star

next chapter! to my dear readers thank you for your support! i am really thankful and grateful... i will try my best from now onwards too ^^

Hyu woon's point of view:

It's been at least two hours since i waited here. And Kyu won doesn't seem to plan on going home any sooner. The weather got really cold once the night falls. Thankfully there is a vending machine in the corridor. I then bought myself some warm cappucino. Then i thought of Kyu won for one second. She seemed very exhausted and cold. I can tell from her apple red nose. 

Then out of sympathy i bought another one for her. Then i walked back to the training room. I can still see her replaying, replaying, and replaying the tape. I still don't get it. It wasn't that hard to get familiar with the dance routines in my case. Could it be... that she utterly at this? no that's impossible. She doesn't have looks, nor a great background. The only reason why she got a scholarship must be because of her talents. I cannot think of any other reasons. 

*put the warm cappucino against her cheeks*

"what? oh... No WooHyun..."

"no, it's Hyu woon. Anyway, drink up. You're cold right?"

"Um! sorry! and...thank you."

"You still can't master the routine? despite that you practiced for nearly 3 hours now"

She turned around with a surprised look. And then her face reddens, and then she looked down. 

"how long have you been watching?"

"well, let's just say when you started your self practice?"

"It was a long time ago! you could've gone home! why didn't you?"

"well apparently Yu-ri ah said i couldn't leave you alone. I have to  you home,"

"W-why is that?" she asked while averting her eyes away from mine.

"The car broke down unfortunately. And i couldn't get home even if i wanted to"

"You could've walked home"

"did you just not hear me earlier?  would've been long gone if it weren't for Yu-ri ah"

"ah... that's true"

Then the conversation died. Lee Kyu won drank up her cappucino and then went back to her self practice. She started the tape and began her practice. I just sat at the back of the room while watching her surprisingly entertaining self practice. She would often fall in strange ways, and miraculously get back up. i often laughed to myself by how silly she was. 

Without us realizing, it became very late. I doubt that there would be any transportation left. Even though it is new york.

"Ya! Lee Kyu won. It's really late now, yu-ri ah would be very worried if she finds us missing in the morning"

"oh my, your right. but... the routine..."

"forget about it... we have vocal lessons tomorrow anyway right? let's go home"

"No it's okay. You can go home first, i'll go later."

"i'll get scolded by Yu-ri ah later on"

"I'll tell her that you escorted me" she said while smiling to me "now go on, go home"

without restraint i walked back home. Well she was the one who told me to go anyways. So it really is not my fault if she get hurt right?

As i walked down the sidestreet i noticed that there were several people being robbed in the dark alleys. Then it struck me. Kyu won is a girl. On top of that, an asian would never win againts these huge americans. So even if... No, what are you thinking about HyuWoon? why would you care about her? She is just like any other annoying people that appeared in your life. but then a scene just came to my mind 'a korean scholarship student died from being robbed at night' and for some reason i imagined Yu-ri ah whipping me for leaving her alone. Just imagining it gave me the chills down my spine.

I'm not taking any chances, i told myself. Then i rushed back to the training school. There i found Kyu won flat on the ground. I never imagined this, but, thank god i came.

"Kyu won! Kyu won! wake up! what's wrong?"

"Hyu... woon? why... are you here?.... zzzzzz"

asleep. she fell asleep!! what the hell, she scared me to death!! "why you little..." but then i didn't have the heart to wake her up. She looked exhausted, and... her sleeping face is not bad. wait. what did i just? oh never mind. I'll just carry her back to her apartment. We live nearby anyway.

As soon as i put her on her bed i realized one thing. She's living alone in this apartment. I kind of feel bad for her. So then i left a note that said 'Lee Kyu Won, you should take better care of yourself. since you're living alone in this foreign country with no one but me and Yu-ri to run to." and then i left.

And the other thing that i realized. The reason why i couldn't enter when she was practising ealier. Because she looked beautiful when she was practising. Despite that the dance routine was messed up. But her spirit touched me somehow.

*end of flash back*

"Hyu woon-ssi!! there you are! how have you been?"

and ever since, we've meet up often in the US. And we got to know each other better. 

"I'm fine, how are you?"

"Things are great with me. i missed the days in seol."

"True. It's been a while since we were in korea"

And when i got to know her better, i learned that she has quite an interesting personality of not being able to take care of herself. So then i did Yu-ri ah a favor. I looked after her whenever i can. And because of that. 

"Yes! it really has been... by the way Hyu woon, we use to meet up at cafe's like this back in the US right?"

"yeah.. it's been a while"

I got to know almost everything about her. And surprisingly, i was never annoyed by her. Not even once. So then i asked Yu-ri ah my manager. She then gave me a wide grin and said "ah... youth... it really was the most wonderfful time in my life" Then i asked her what she meant. But she refused to give me an answer. So then i gave up on asking her. Then i wanted to ask Kyu won. However, whenever i try to, my throat refuses to speak. This always happen whenever i wanted to ask. I wonder why though... and for the first time, i'm actually annoyed at myself instead of getting annoyed at Kyu Won. What caused this feeling i wonder? Even 'till now, i still can't figure it out.

"Hyu woon-ssi.... you've been spacing out for a while now. What's wrong?"

"ah, no, it's nothing really." I said while sipping my coffee.

ah this feeling. i wonder what it is...

To be continued...

(that's it for this chapter! plaese anticipate the upcoming chapter!! (^o^)/)