REPARATION

when you love someone

 

Hi, sorry for the long wait, in this chapter there is not much couple interaction, well except for the giant maknaes. But I hope you still like it. Been busy for the last week with work, that’s why only now that I updated.

Happy reading

==

Victoria sits leaning at the head board of her bed, while her father is sitting at the foot of her bed. An awkward silence between them, Victoria is gripping her pillow tightly, while her father clears his throat every few second.

Jake feels very uneasy, so does Victoria.

“Have we really drifted apart? That talking is hard between us” asked Jake, pain in his voice. Victoria didn’t say anything heads still down; the last time her father was here in her room is when he says he was disappointed on her.

 Jake looks up to the ceiling and sighs heavily as he composes his self.

“Would the excuse that I love you too much is enough that’s why I do what I did?” says Jake looking at Victoria, begging her to understand. Victoria didn’t reply but only looked at him “How I wished your mother is still alive, maybe you should have a mother figure, maybe I should have remarry-“

“No” Victoria blurted “no one can replace her” she added bowing her head. “I-if you even consider marrying again, it w-would be better if y-you’re in love” says Victoria, still looking down “but I don’t want you too” she added almost in a whisper.

Jake looks at his daughter, a smile form his lips.

“Then I could never remarry coz, when your umma died she took my heart with her, I can only love you, my family” he said solemnly. 

Victoria looks at her father, looking straight in his eyes, gauging the sincerity of his words.

“You said then to me that I disappoint you” her voice croaked.

Jake smiles was gone at what she said

“It’s more of I am the disappointment, I failed being a father, I failed protecting…really, how can I? When I am the cause of all the harm aimed at you, the rest of you”

“No” says Victoria “You didn’t fail as a father, or even in protecting us. You, actually all of you are overprotective, you, Uncle Jason and Uncle Jinguk, I was suffocated with the overbearing protectiveness. You are the one who have brought us up, thought things to us how to be a good person, that money is not everything, that we should now how money is earned, how to be humble, be considerate, to know what is right from wrong, how to respect, to be fair and everything. But, but why don’t you trust us? Don’ you trust yourselves? ” she says.

“The threats, the kidnap-“starts Jake but Victoria cuts her off.

“You have nothing to do with those, coz even then you are the one threatened because of our grandparents, being rich have its perks and also its down side, life is a bed of roses because we are your heirs and heiress, but roses have thorns…a-appa” says Victoria, the last words  were spoken almost in whisper.

Jake sharply took a breath when she called him appa. It’s been so long since she called him that. Appa. Not father but appa.

Victoria breath freely as she called him appa, it’s like the wall is slowly fading away. Jake moves toward his daughter and hugged her.

“I missed you” says Jake as tears falls in her eyes.

“I miss you too, appa” says Victoria and tighten her arms around her father, Jake lips forms a smile hearing what she called him warms his heart. They stayed in that position longer, Victoria missing her father’s love and Jake missing her daughter’s sweet actions.

“Appa”

“Hmmn”

“When I was at the warehouse, Henry said about the mastermind” Victoria stops, she felt her father stiffens “I’m fine now appa, I am safe.” Assures Victoria “Henry said that he, the one behind this, hated you, Uncle Jason and Uncle Jinguk for being successful and that he wants you out on your own company” she paused for a while “all the while, the way he spats the words it’s like that person hates the three of you for too long” she removes herself from their embrace and look at her father “who could he be appa? How could someone have such hate to wish for them and their love ones harm?”

Jake looks Victoria in the eyes “I don’t know, baby, I don’t know” he says and hugs his daughter again.

“Appa” says Victoria after few minutes of being embraced by her father

“Yes?”

“Can I asked for something?” says Vic

“Anything except the bodyguard sweetie, except them, now more than ever you need to be guarded” says Jake.

“B-but” Victoria tried complaining

“For my… our peace of mind, sweetie I know all of you are capable, but please for us” Jake begs “How about I buy you the one you have requested then, for your graduation”

Victoria’s eyes went big, gaping in disbelief.

“Really? You’ll buy me a hummer” says Vic

“Yes, the latest model” says Jake.

“You are bribing me to agree with the bodyguard?” says Vic

“Yes it’s better than not telling right and call it spoiling, it has better ring in the ear than bribing?” says Jake smiling. Victoria hugs her father again, and let herself be bribe by the vehicle she wanted and laugh out loud.

==

Outside her laughter is heard by everyone, unknown to the father daughter inside, their family is outside is nervously waiting for their reconciliation. And hearing her heartily laugh assures all of them that everything is been patch up.

Leeteuk put his arms around Khun smiling.

Taecyeon clasp his father’s shoulder and smile, while Eunjung who is standing beside him leans on him, YuKyung standing beside her daughter, is crying.

Krystal hugs his father from the waist and cried with happiness for her unnie.

 Donghae leans his head on the wall and sigh a relief, Yoona tiptoed and kiss him in the cheek, and he grabs her to him without looking , ahh at last his father and twin’s relationship is mended.

Wooyoung smiles, as he wink at IU, smile plastered in his face as he took his phone from his pocket and dialed a number.

“Chansunggie, Uncle Jake and Vic noona have patch up” he inform the maknae as he was he is with his lady love.

“YES” shouted Chansung in the other line, which startle Gyuri and Sulli who are talking not far away from him.

“Let’s get some coffee Khun and later bring some snack for my sister” says Leeteuk to Khun, the younger man let himself lead down the stairs.

==

As soon as Chansung ended the call his steps is quick toward where Sulli is. Gyuri saw Chansung walks towards them with a big smile on his face, she strategically walks away to give the two giants privacy, she smiles as her sister, clueless at the giant approaching her.  As Gyuri reaches the door she heard her sister yelps.

“Ahh oppa” says Sulli as she grabs Chansung’s shoulder to balance herself. Chansung grabs her just above her knee and twirl her around. She giggled at Chansung’s action.

“Ahh  Sulli, I am so happy, very, very  happy” shouted Chansung from the top of his lungs. Finally his Victoria noona and appa is okay. He laughs so loud with so much happiness, while Sulli giggled.

Sulli’s eyes sparkle looking down at him, how he loves seeing her looking at him with so much warmth, he felt so loved. He never wanted it to end, her looking at him like this, and deep in his heart he doesn’t want her to look this way to other guys.

“Never look that way to other guys, only to me” he said as he puts her down and lean down kissing her lightly on the lips, which leave Sulli breathless.

Sulli thought, breath Sulli, breath.

==

“Jake what’s this all about?” says Jason as he went out of his car and walks toward him. Jinguk , trailing behind didn’t say anything but in his face is as same as what Jason had asked, curiosity.

They are in an open parking lot, there is not many car parked at the place. The nearest car is about 10 meters away.

“Do you guys still remember Go Byung Jik?” says Jake

Jason and Jinguk curiosity vanished, their faces looks grim with the sudden recognition of the name.

“What’s about him?” asked Jinguk

“Does he have anything to do with what happen to the girls?’ said Jason.

“I’m not sure but when Victoria told me how Henry the man that he is worker for hate us that he wanted us to be out of our own company, he was the one I thought of” says Jake.

Jinguk clenched his fist. Go Byung Jik have been their classmate when they were still studying.

“He is the only one I know who hated us, our accomplishments, stature, everything” says Jake.

“And he hated us too for we didn’t befriended him and while Oh Hyuk became our close friend too” says Jason.

“He hated our guts too, as all the girl he likes prefer us than him and also the biggest blow is that when Eun Soo, the only girl he really pursued fell in love with you and became your wife” says Jinguk to Jake.

“We also suspect him about what happen to Oh Hyuk and Yukyung then right?” says Jason.

“From then on, he had been obsessed about competing against us” says Jake.

“We have made a dangerous enemy” stated Jinguk

“Have we should befriended him?” says Jake.

“Why? do you think we should have?” Jason asked back at him.

“No” say Jake firmly.

“No, we saw through him, what he really is” says Jinguk.

“Then what now?” says Jason.

“I just had ordered for someone to monitor him” says Jake “We should know what he is doing, we should be aware, our kids life depends on it”

“Then all of them should have body guards” says Jason

“There would be a lot of objection, it would be a riot” says Jinguk

“We will talk to them” says Jake

Jason and Jinguk sigh heavily, it would be hell for their kids, but they have to see reason, for their peace of mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So what can you say…have I made you guys touched with the father and daughter moments and what about the impending danger …wonder what will happen next?