CHAPTER 2

Forget About Me

May 19, 2013

[Erika's POV]


"OH !"


I stood up from bed when I saw what the clock reads.  12:01am.  Janine's flight will be at 12:30am.  Damn!  I rushed to bathroom and took a quick bath.  After 5 minutes I stepped out of the shower and put my clothes on.  Gladly I've already prepared my clothes before I took a nap.   I grabbed my purse and my phone and rushed out of the house while combing my hair.  It took me 5 good minutes for a cab to pass by.  I quickly step inside the cab.


"At Changi airport please."  I told the driver.


After 20 minutes I already reached the arrival area of the Changi Airport.  The clock reads 12:35am.  Hew, that was close.  I sat on one of the chairs at the waiting area.  There are only less than ten people at the place because of the time.  After five minutes I can see my friend frantically waving her hands.  She is wearing her favorite BIGBANG jacket that we bought from YGE Shop last year.  She approache me and I stood up and our cheeks met.


"Annyeong!!! Did you wait long?"  She asked.


"Not really."  I answered.


"Yeah, I can see it.  Your hair is still dripping."  Janine touched the tip of my long hair.
 

"Haha.  I almost got late.  I took a nap then I didn't hear my alarm clock."  I said.


"I know, okay.  Ahm, can you help me with these?  These aren't light if you know what I mean."  Janine said.


"Okay, let me have the others.  What do you have for me?  Have you brought dried mangoes?  Where are my instant noodles?  I think I'm going to eat them this morning!"  I grabbed one of her suitcases excitedly.


"Are you really that excited??  You will check it later on once we got home.  Pabo!"  Janine exclaimed.


I just laughed and lightly slapped her arms.  We walked towards the exit.



I've been staying here in Singapore for about half a year now.  I am working as an English teacher at Greenview Secondary School.  Janine is working in the Philippines but the company is Singapore-owned.  She occasionally visits Singapore for company meetings and gatherings.  Normally she stays in a hotel whenever she visits but right now that I am here, she stays in one of the rooms of my apartment so that she could save her pocket money.


During the first months of stay I feel really homesick and alone.  I missed my family and friends a lot.  Just after a month I was able to cope up and I really enjoyed staying here in Singapore.  I am enjoying myself and at the same time helping my family.

"Did you cook?"  Janine suddenly interrupted my thoughts of home.


"Nope.  I'm too tired to cook anything."  I muttered.


"What,  I'm dying of starvation."  Janine pouted.


"Then we will cook the instant noodles that you brought for me, or let's try to buy something along the way."  I asked.


"Okay okay okay.  As always."  she complained.


 As we walk towards the exit, something, or should I say, someone caught my attention.


A guy is walking alongside us.  He has an apro hair, dark sunglasses, and a scarf hanging on his neck that covers his lips.  He also wears a black leather jacket and a white t-shirt underneath.


"WTH is with that guy?  It's summer in Singapore, no need for those extra clothes."  Janine muttered.


"Why do you care?  It's his trip, mind your own business."  I joked.


"You never agreed to what I say do you?"  she said.


I nervously laughed.  He grabbed the back of my neck and hell knows that is the most ticklish part of my body.


"Janine!  The heck stop it!!"  I protested.  "I'll slap you dammit!"  By that she stopped.


I rubbed the back of my neck and the guy that we're looking at a while ago is just a meter away.  He is near the door, but something is wrong.  I'm looking to where his feet is taking him.


"OUCH!!"  the guy grabbed his forehead and growled in pain.


I knew it.  He is heading to the wrong door, or should I say wrong side, or whatever.  That happened to me before so I know what's going to happen.


Janine, on the other hand, can't stop laughing and giggling after what she had seen.  I can't afford to laugh, I can still remember the time that it also happened to me.


"For goodness sake Janine can you stop it, the guy was hurt."  I tried to stop her but it just made her laugh louder.


 We continued to walk and I took a closer look to guy who is still rubbing his forehead and being assisted by the lady guard.  Something is shimmering from the guy's index finger.  He finally dropped his hand to the side and my eyes widened at the sight.


A panda ring.


>.<



ASKHJGOH.  Please comment. Thanks.!!!