Scars, Tears and the Truth

He Took My Breath Away

(Jessica's POV)

 

I laid my back against the cold wall of my room and look straight down to the floor. Why? I felt my legs give away as I slumped to the floor and brought my knees close to my chest and clutched my legs for dear life. Why? I sobbed quietly as the floor soon became wet with tear stains. You are pathetic, now everybody knows how dirty you are. You screwed up big time, . Yeah I did screw up, I sobbed harder as I place my head ontop of my knees. Now nobody would want to be around you anymore now that they know of how much of a you are, .

 

Yeah,your right, now nobody wants to be around me because they saw how dirty and disgusting my body is. You know what you have to do now. Yes, yes I do. Then do it now.

 

I lifted my head and started searching under my bed looking for my razor. This time it was too much to handle, I just need t get this pain out of my chest now. They know, they finally know about my secret. I don't think they want to be near me anymore because I'm disgusting having scars on my skin like this. I was just about to give up hope of finding it, until I felt something sharp betwen my fingers. I pulled my arm out and played with the razor between my fingers. Do it and I promise you that everything will all go away, this is the only thing you have left. This is my only happiness now, I lifted my sleeves up and began running the blade across my skin feeling all the emotions leaving my body. Now no one can stop me now.

 

(Jonghyun's POV)

 

Everybody stood there silent, taking in what they've just seen. Soon after Jessica ran out, I was just about to follow until I felt someone's hands wrapped around my arm. Yoona looked up to me with tears threatening to fall any secong now, " I'm sorry Jonghyun" she whispered softly. " I'm sorry I couldn't stop her from doing it" she saids, " YOU KNEW ABOUT IT AND YOU DIDN''T TRY TO STOP HER" I explode at her causing tears to fall out of her eyes. Minho harshly pulled me towards the door, while Key started comforting crying Yoona.

 

"Jonghyun now is not the time to blaming on anybody fro what's going on with Jessica araeso?" he said.

 

"Minho's right hyung, Jessica's hurt and your the only that can help her" Taemin said. Minho pushed me out the house, I looked back and tossed me a spare of keys. I looked at him confused and saw a smile spread across his face. "Take my car, it runs fast. Well what are you waiting for, your girl needs you" he said. With that I smiled at him and took his car and drove off to Jessica's house.

 

I hit the gas and drove pass each car that was in my way. I pass all red lights and stop signs earning yells and threats from angry drivers. I didn't realized how fast I was going  until I arrived at her house no later than three minutes or so. I ran up the steps and pushed open the door and ran inside. I looked inside only to be surrounded by darkness, I checked all the rooms on the first floor but no Jessica. I desperately ran upstairs to the bathroom and Jessica wasn't there.

 

Where the is she? I cursed under my breath and left the room until I felt my whole body froved. I heard a muffled sob coming from one of the rooms in the hall. I listen closely to where it was coming from and followed it. My footsteps stop at one of the doors, I leaned my head on the door and heard a cry of pain coming from the other side, I know that sob anywhere.....................Jessica. I turned the knob, but the door was locked, the same thing happen when I saw Jessica laying....oh no. I kicked the door opened as hard as I could, letting it swing back hitting the wall hard. I the lights and see a figure huddled behind the bed, attached to the corners of the wall.

 

"Jessica!" I yelled in relief and ran to her side taking her in my arms. I felt something wet in between my hands, I looked down my hands that were grabbing on to her wrist, only to see them blood-stained. I looked down at her wrist and cringed at not being able to see pass all that blood on her skin. " J-Jessica, why?" I sob as I held her closely to my chest. I slowly pulled away when I got movement from her, she turned around to face the wall. Jessica looked down and took something from her pocket and poured it on her hand. It took me a couple of seconds to take in what's happening, my eyes widen "JESSICA NO!" I grabbed her hand away from before she can do anything else. 

 

She spilled all the pills from her hand and they scrambled all over the floor. I took the medication from her hand as she clawed my arm trying to reach for it, luckly I was taller than her if not she would've gotten it. "JESSICA STOP IT" I yelled as she try to pried the bottle from me, causing it to fall spilled all the pills to the floor. Jessica leaned back against the wall and pulled out an object from her pocket and places it near her wrist, dragging it across the skin. I widen my eyes as tears streamed down my face and grab the object in her palms, away from her injured wrist. I threw the dreaded razor blade across the room as she pushed me away from her and crawls over to get it. " JESSICA NO, STOP" I yelled grabbing her waist and pulled her away from that piece of . She struggled against my grasp, kicking and clawing my face, trying to get away. She kicked me in the gut as I clunged my stomach "JONGHYUN I NEED IT!" Her screams pierced through her sobs as she finally picked up the razor and starts clawing her arm. "NO YOU DON'T" I choked on my tears as I climbed ontop of her pull her arms apart, pinning her on the floor.

 

"DO YOU WANT TO DIE JESSICA?" I asked.

 

"DO YOU REALLY WANT TO END IT ALL"

 

"YES, I WANT TO DIE!" she said.

 

"I'M TIRED OF LIVING, JONGHYUN, I CAN'T HOLD THE PAIN IN ANYMORE"

 

"But why, why would you want to die?"

 

"You don't understand Jonghyun, I'm suffered every single day because of it, I cut myself to release all the pain in, but it didn't work so I want to kill myself and live in peace" she sob harrder. I stared deeply into her blood-red eyes as her face was covered with tear stains. I grab her and pulled her into a hug, "No Jessica, you can't do this, you can't keep hurting yourself like this. I can't stand seeing yourself hurting like this" I rub her back as she trembles in my arms. "You have no idea how much it hurts me to see you in this.......state" I continued once more. "All I want is for you to trust me and the other and tell us the truth, Jessica. I want to know who hurt you this badly to cause to do things like this..." I whispered, I kiss the top of her head as she gripped on to me for dear life.

 

" I-If I tell you, pro-promise me that you never leave me alone?" she said in between tears. I wiped the tears from her face with my thumps and smiled at her. "I promise, cross my heart and hope to die." She was silent for a moemnt until she finally have the strength to speak. 

 

"I-It was O-Onew, he's the one who me" she whispered softly. I couldn't believe it, it was him who hurt my Jessica like this! I  felt anger rushed through my body as I was this close heading out the door and beat the out of that son of , but I try best not to. Jessica needs me here with her, she was still in pain. I'm going to fix it though, I'm going to fix everything. I gently lifted her body up bridal style and carried her to her bed. I layed her under the covers and climbed right next to her as she quickly layed her head on my chest as she began to cry. I wrapped my arms around her tiny body as she trembled under my touch, she was so broken.

 

"Jessica?" I said.

 

"How did this happen?" I asked. Jessica  finched when I asked the question. "I'm sorry you don't have to answer if you don't want to" I said hugging her tightly. "No it's ok I'll tell you" she took a deep breath and then began to speak. 

 

"This all happen when I was still living with my aunt, Len. Onew used to be my aunt's boyfriend, so that's how I knew him when he first came to school as our new teacher. He'd came over at our house every single day and I was getting this funny feeling from him each time whenever we were alone. One day I came home from hanging outnwith Yoona and saw him in our living room, I told my aunt wasn't home and that he should leave, but he wouldn't. I grabbed by my arms and started kissing me all over, I try to get away, but he was too strong. He pinned me against the floor and ripped my clothes from my body. He was so close to me, but my aunt came home just in time before he did. Onew told her that it was all my fault, that I was the one who approached him, I try explain myself but she wouldn't listen to me. She kicked out the house and told me to never come back, Len never really liked me that much so she didn't care what would've happen to me. So since then I lived with Yoona and transfered schools. When I saw him coming into our class, I was so afraid that he was going to do the exact same thing again, so that's why I ran into the bathroom. Then when you were sick, I was just about to go to your house like I always do , but Onew called me to come see him. I didn't want to catch people's attention, so I followed him in the classroom. He threaten me sayin gthat if I keep hanging out with you he's going to expell you, I slapped him for trying to threaten me, but he just stared at me. Onew pinned me down on his desk and started me. I try to fight back but he was too strong, when he was done he told me if I tell anybody about this that he'll ruin my life. The next day he did the same thing to me again, Jonghyun!  HE ME! A-and when I was in the hospital, he put a knife to me neck and said that he'll kill me if I told anyone, Jonghyun" she said in between sobs.

 

I couldn't believe this. After all the things she said, she finally told me the truth. I got up from bed and I was about to head out the door until I felt her tiny hand in mine. "Where are you going?" she softly, "I'm going straight to Onew's house and beat the ing out of him" I said " Please don't leave me, Jonghyun please?" she said softly pulling me back into bed. I picked her up a little and laid her on my chest " I will never ever leave you again, Jessica" I said. I let her cry on my chest a little longer, just to get all the pain out of her.

 

As hours past, Jessica cried herself to sleep on my chest as I listen to her soft breathing. If I hadn't showed up hours earlier, than she wouldn't still be breathing. Jessica finally told me the truth, I should've expected this earlier since I always see him stealing glances at Jessica in class the whole time. How could he do that to Jessica? How could Onew ing ruin Jessica like this? How could he be so heartless? I'm going to protect Jessica for now on and won't let Onew hurt her ever again. I looked down at Jessica's sleeping face and wiped away some of the tears that were left on his face. "Don't worry Sica, all the tears you cry will be from happiness" I whispered softly as I leaned in and kissed her head. Onew's definetly is not going to get away with this I'll make sure of it.