Chapter 23

Baby Love!

 

“SEOHYUN!!!Hey!”

            Seohyun woke up from her trance when she heard Kyuhyun’s voice calling her. She was in the middle of daydreaming and was currently forming her lips into pout for a kiss. She immediately changed her awkward and embarrassing position as the guy entered the area again.

            “I have been calling you for nth time. I thought you already sleep here.” The guy told her and looked intently on her face. “Are you sick?”

            She was red and everyone who may see her may thought that she really is sick.“Huh? Ani.” She replied. ‘I just hope that he really did not see me earlier.’ “Uhh, why did you go down?”

            “As I said earlier, I was checking you. I heard that it is not a simple rain outside. It’s a storm.” He pointed the window. “I thought you might already go outside since I heard Yoona called you.” He said concern about her well-being.

            “Ahh. Don’t worry I don’t plan to go anywhere with this bad weather. I am already planning to go upstairs when you called.” She half-lied. ‘Did he saw me?’

            “Okay.”

            Kyuhyun then walked ahead of her towards the staircase. She trailed behind him, still wishing he really did not see her daydreaming.

            When the two was already near the staircase, an unexpected black-out occurred. And because there were also no lights outside, the whole house became so dark.

            “Kyuhyun, are you still there?” She screamed, fear raged over her body. Ever since she was a child, being in the dark was the scariest thing she did not want to experience. She began to sweat coldly.

            “I am here.” A concerned voice spoke in the midst of darkness. Seohyun then felt someone grasped her cold sweaty hands. As soon as she felt him near her, she soon calmed  down.

            “Is that you?” she asked, trying to recognize the shadow near her.

            “Deh. It’s me.” He sensed Seohyun’s fear as she spoke. He did not know that a person like her, tough and strong, also have fear in her life. He then entwined his fingers with his to hers, assuring that he was there beside him.

            With his response, she clasped her fingers with him tightly. She was not sure of her sudden change of feelings but when he held her like that, she felt to be with him forever.

            “Seohyun-ah, do you have your phone with you?” he asked.

            She fondled her jean’s pocket and figured out that she left it on the table near the sink. “I left it on the sink.”

            “Ok. I’ll go and get it. We have to get lights. I’ll also find the emergency light at the basement. I’ll leave you here for a while. Okay?” His comforting voice assured her.

            Seohyun only sighed deeply. “O-okay. Promise me you’ll come back.” She nervously told him.

            Sensing her fear, Kyuhyun hold both of her hands. “I’ll come back, I promise.”

            Kyuhyun  then headed to the dining area to get her phone. It was only a few seconds since he left but Seohyun felt like it was almost an hour. She sweat more coldly and also started to shiver.

            “Kyuhyun-ah, are you still there?” She screamed, scared that Kyuhyun has left her.

            Seohyun heard a loud scratch noise sound from the dining area, thus making her more scared being alone in the dark.

            “Yah, Kyuhyun!” She called again his name for nth time. Unknowingly to her, tears were pouring up to her eyes.

            “Kyu!” She helplessly cried.

            It was already 15 minutes since he left but Kyuhyun was not yet coming back. And because of that, though scared, she then decided to look for him.

            “Huhuhu! Kyuhyun, where are you?” she whispered, crying.

            Seohyun walked through the hall to the dining area. Stumbling down, due to her fear, she continued searching him in the dark. Going down to the basement, she perceived a silhouette the back of a man, standing at the corner of the basement.

            “Kyuhyun, is that you?” she spoke, enough for him to be heard.

            “Seohyun, I thought you’ll wait for me. You should not go and…”

            “Aniyo.” She told him and ran to his place. And because of the darkness and her eagerness to see him, she did not notice the wet floor.

             She grabbed his right arm strongly. Due to the force, Kyuhyun did not balance himself, making him also fall on top of her and the next thing that happened was his lips was on her lips.

              With their current position, both persons blinked in shocked with the unanticipated kiss that happened.