Chapter 14

Baby Love!

 

The car stopped in front of a fine-looking and huge mansion. By the looks of it, everyone would notice that the owner is a well-off person.

            Kyuhyun and Seohyun were still inside the car, both very nervous, especially Seohyun. It is her first time to make such a big lies and she knows what the consequences are after she finished the act.

            “Seohyun, remember the things I told you.” Kyuhyun reprimanded her.

            “Y-yes.” She said stutteringly. She regained her composure.

            Kyuhyun hopped off first and proceeded to the house straightly. Seohyun only followed him. Taking small steps and a big breath, a little child ran to her and hugged her very tight.

            “Omma!” Sunmi squealed.

            Seohyun did not know why she felt crying. She is very touched by the warm welcome of the child.

            ‘Sunmi-ah, I am very sorry for this. I hope you will understand my situation soon.’ She apologized in her thoughts to the child while beaming at her after they broke the hug.

            “Sunmi-ah, do you miss mommy?” she asked as she tried to not the tears fall from her eyes.

            “Neh, so much.” Sunmi said while smiling very cheerful at her mom. She is vvery cute and lovely.

            “Yah, my baby is so cute.” She said and pinched her cheeks.

            “And you are very beautiful, Omma. No wonder why Appa married you.” The child retorted back. She even giggled when saying that.

            “Of course, that is why he loved me so much.” She exclaimed, riding with the child. She looked at Kyuhyun who seemed shocked at what she said. ‘ I hope that he does not notice that I am blushing, too.’ She looked back at the child and thought, ‘You are very witty.’, brushing the child’s black hair with her hands.

            “Omma, have you remembered all the things you gave to me while you are in Europe? I have kept them all in my rooms. Do you want to see it?” the little girl asked her and dragged her upstairs.

            Kyuhyun only looked at them to give Sunmi and her mother some time. He did not notice that his mother was also there, watching what happened.

            “So, you really proceeded to your plan and hired a woman who can act as her babysitter and a mom at the same time.” His mom spoke. “I better know her later, if she can really fulfill her duties as a mother to Sunmi.” She said sarcastingly.

            ‘Omo. I forget that it will not also be Sunmi’s problem here.’ He thought as he saw her mother heading to the east wing of the mansion.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            Kyuhyun knocked the door of Sunmi’s room. He heard a cheerful laughter and merry giggles. He is so sure that the two are having a good time inside. He knocked the door again and Seohyun opened it.

            “You are really having a good time, isn’t it?” he told them when he entered the room. “…especially, my little princess?” He is very happy to see his lovely daughter being happy. It was the first time he saw her having a natural and candid smile, though she was always seen being a very bubbly child.

            “Neh. Appa. I told omma all the things about me when she wasn’t with us.” The child replied joyously.

            “She told me all the things. And I think, you really do a great job, rising her.” She praised Kyuhyun. He was really great rising Sunmi because she grew up with a good attitude and manners unlike those she often see on children today.

            “Ahhh. Thank you.” He smiled back. “By the way, Omma, told me to pick you up. Dinner’s ready.” He said and carried Sunmi. Kyuhyun exited the room, leaving Seohyun.

            She looked at the room. Pictures of her were displayed on the bedside table. The toys, according to the child, came from her. By the thoughts of it, she can really feel the child’s hunger for a mother’s love and she really feel how much Kyuhyun cared for his child.

            “Seohyun-ah.” A voice cracked her thoughts. It was Kyuhyun.

            “Ohh. Kyuhyun-ah.” Seohyun said, looking at his direction. Her wavy hair swayed as she looked at him. And Kyuhyun, on the other hand, stood in awe.

            “Uhmm.” Kyuhyun said as he recovered from his state. He does not know why how the woman has that effect on him.

            “Huh?” Seohyun asked at the confused man.

            “Uhh. The dinner’s ready. You should come and eat with us. Omma wants to know you.” He said informally. He hoped that Seohyun did not saw his state earlier.

            “Your mother?” Seohyun asked again. Kyuhyun did not inform her that he got a mother.

            “Yes. I’m sorry I did not inform you about it. She is here living with us.” He told her. “Don’t worry, she knows the our act.” He continued like he was reading the woman’s mind.

            She sighed. ‘Hayy. I thought I will also make lies to his mother. It will be more difficult if I had too.’  She nodded. “I thought I will also lie to her.”

            “Then, let’s go!” he responded. He led her to the dining area of the mansion. While walking to the area, Seohyun kept staring at the adorned style of the house. The house was really elegant with a Victorian style feel. She was in awed by the attractive place.

            Kyuhyun and Seohyun arrived at the dining area where Kyuhyun’s mother and Sunmi are waiting for them. She seated beside Sunmi and Kyuhyun seated on the left behind his mom.

            Seohyun is really nervous while they were eating. She could feel the intentional glares of Kyuhyun’s mother on her. She stayed quiet and tried to ignore her and only focused on Sunmi, eating beside her. Then suddenly, Kyuhyun’s mother spoke up.

            “Seohyun-ah, so how have you been?” the elder woman asked her.

            Seohyun looked at the elder woman nervously. ‘Oh my! Sunmi must not find it out. How can I do it?’ Seohyun thought. She then looked at Kyuhyun to help him what to do with that sudden question.

            Kyuhyun noticed that Seohyun was very anxious and confused on what to do, so to not let their plan to be very obvious to Sunmi, he took into action.

            “Omma, you know that Seohyun is very busy on her job at Europe.” He blurted out. He knows that his mom wanted to know the real information about Seohyun.

            But it seems the elder woman is really determined to know what the real identity about Seohyun.

            “Ahh, really? So how about her family? I have not known where are her family and how are they doing? And her job there, may I know what it is again?” Mrs. Cho asked her straightly.

            Seohyun again started to feel panicky. She really did not know what to do. She eyed Kyuhyun. The two have an eye to eye contact and appeared toread each other’s mind. She looked at the last time to signal what will be her answer then looked at the child who was innocently looking at her.

            “Uhmm. I am a designer at Europe and about my family” She breathe heavily. ‘Uh-oh. How will I do this?’ “…they are doing fine. And Omma,” “Yeeeh. How can I say it?’ her thoughts after she claimed Kyuhyun’s mother as her mom too. “…we can have a talk later if you wish too, to know what have I been.” She said straightly though nervousness was still flowing through her whole body.

            The elder woman then smiled at her statement. It seemed that the lady liked her straight answer.

            “Okay. It would be great since we have a lot to talk about.” Mrs. Cho said grinning at her.

            She smiled nervously at her then looked at Kyuhyun who was eating his food and did not bother to look at her. She then look at the little girl beside her who already got a messy face while eating her food.

            “Baby, what happened to you?” She grabbed the table napkin and wiped it to the child’s messy face. She could not help but to laugh at her and it brought down her tension.

            “uhm on-lhy eahhthihng maghy fhorod.” The child said incoherently. She was munching her food.

            “Hahahaha.” She could not help but to laugh. “What? I don’t understand what you say.” She told the child because she really did not understand what she said.

            “She said she was eating her food.” Kyuhyun bursted out. He was laughing at the scene. “Hahahaha. You two are so cute. Acting like that.” He continued.

            Seohyun looked at him and smiled. She saw Kyuhyun first genuine smile and laugh today and she could not help but to be amused at the sudden change between his personalities. He can be cold sometimes and then he can be turned to a warm & sweet person.

            Their stare lasted for a long seconds but for Seohyun it really lasted very fast since she was fascinated at the man’s reaction.

            “Well, it seemed that the two are not the only cute here but also the guy.” Someone blurted out and snapped their thoughts. It was Kyuhyun’s mother. “ You three really looked good and cute together. HAHAHA.” The elder woman said and walked out in the room, leaving the three behind.

            Because of the statement, the two only bushed, getting their cheeks really red.