Chapter 19

Baby Love!

 

It was a fine Saturday afternoon and as usual, Kyuhyun was in his office room reading some papers and checking his computer.  He was so busy and very thankful to God that there were no occurring problems at home or on Sunmi these past few days. Well, he should be also thankful to Seohyun, who took care of Sunmi very much when he was not with the latter.

            The busy Kyuhyun was now typing an important report for the business proposal he was preparing for when a loud knock on the door suddenly noised the hushed room. And by the sound of the knock, Kyuhyun was so sure that it was the cheerful guy-Eunhyuk.

            “Eunhyuk-hyung, I am busy right now. By the way, where are the financial statements last year, the one I am asking you?” Kyuhyun said, not glancing to the guy who entered the room.

            “Yah, you really are evil. Not even greeting the person who just entered your room, huh?” the other guy replied. Though Kyuhyun was superior to him at work, he still let Eunhyuk speak to him that way, and to the fact that the guy was also his friend as well.

            Eunhyuk then laid a file of paper in his table. “There it is, boss.” He sarcastically said. “By the way, have you heard the news?”

            Kyuhyun suddenly arched back to his seat after Eunhyuk popped an intriguing question. He was not fond of gossip but on the tone of Eunhyuk’s voice, it seemed that it was not an ordinary gossip he always heard on his employees.

            “What is it?”

            “Seungyeon has come back.” The other guy stated, making him startled.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            “Omma, can I asked you a question?”

            Sunmi suddenly blurted out to Seohyun. They were having snacks at the nearby fast food chain on the school. Sunmi only had a half-day so they decided to hang-out together.

            “Of course. Anything.” She told the child, before munching her food.

            “Omma, do you have a family in here?”

            Seohyun smiled after she heard her question. She then suddenly remembered her sister. She has not visited her in a while since she is always busy with Sunmi and at the house. She knew how hard it is to be alone in the hospital bed but she is sure that her sister would understand it.

            “Yeah. I have a sister. And she is very beautiful.” She told the child, who’s beaming at her.

            “Jinjja? Can we visit her? I want to meet her.” The child spoke excitedly.

            Watching the child’s reaction, Seohyun also felt excited to see her sister. “Then, let’s finish this and meet her.”

            With that Sunmi immediately ate her food quickly which made Seohyun laughed. The child was irresistibly cute while munching her food. Looking at her, Seohyun then thought of having her own child.

            “Hay, how I wish I would like a daughter like you!” She thought to herself and piched the child’s puffy cheeks.

            After the two finished their food, they went to the car and headed straightly to the hospital where Yoona was residing.

            “Omma, why are we going to the hospital?” Sunmi asked her when they were about to enter the hospital gates. Because of Seohyun eagerness to see her sister, she forgot to tell the child that her sister is sick and is recovering in the hospital.

            “Ohh, I forgot to tell you. My sister is sick so she is there.” She pointed the building. “And because we are going to enter that, you should behave okay? So that you won’t get virus from the other people’s diseases” ‘and so that your father won’t get mad at me letting you go with me here.’ Her mind continued. The car then stopped at front of the hospital’s entrance and Sunmi and Seohyun hopped off the car to enter.

            The two then went to Yoona’s room. Yoona was sitting at the edge of  her bed and looked like she was reading something.

            “Yoona-unnie!” Seohyun called the lady.

            Yoona turned her head to the voice coming from. She then saw Seohyun and a little girl holding the former’s hand.

            “Seohyun-ah! You’re here. And why didn’t you call me? And…” she stopped and glanced at the little girl. “who’s that?”

            Seohyun looked at Sunmi who was beaming to her sister. Of course, she could not tell her sister what she is currently doing right now especially with the little girl in front of them.‘Ahh.  How will I explain this to her?’ She also knows that if she tells her the truth, her sister will feel guilty for she sacrificed more for her.

            “Uhmmm, she is.. uhm…” she stuttered and did not try to look in her eyes.

            “Good afternoon, Auntie. It’s good to see you. I’m Cho Sunmi.” Sunmi spoke out in all of a sudden.

            “You heard her.” Seohyun  said after the child introduce herself. ‘Just don’t ask me more question, unnie.’ She hoped and crossed her fingers at the back.

            But it seemed that her ritual did not effect on the lady. Yoona asked her again and it was the question she does not want to answer.

            “Ahhh. Is that a child you’re being a nanny for?”

            ‘Oh my god! Eottoke? Eottoke?’

Because of that, Seohyun became more frantic. She really did not know what to do. She was sweating and her hands were cold.

“Omma, why are sudden become nervous?” Sunmi looked at her.

            Seohyun stood shocked after Sunmi addressed her as her mother. Yoona, too was surprised.

            “Omma? Is she your daughter?” Yoona looked like she was having a heart attack when the child blurted out that Seohyun is her mother.

            “Uhmm. Unnie it is not what you think about. I will explain.” Seohyun stated. She got no choice but to tell her the truth.

            She was about to explain her the truth when in a sudden, Sunmi grasped out in her hands and runned away.

            “oh no! She might not understand it.” She muttered to herself and ran away to catch the child.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            Sunmi grasped out in Seohyun’s hands when she unexpectedly saw a familiar figure walking in the corridor. She followed the man until they reached the elevator.

            “Appa!” the little girl called.

            Kyuhyun wake up from his trance when he heard a familiar voice calling him behind. He was in the middle of his thoughts regarding about Seungyeon. He was thinking how he will react if ever they meet. The thoughts of having her back again made him sick especially since he already have a peaceful life now.

            He turned his head to see the person whom calling him. It was Sunmi who was already running towards him.

            “Sunmi-ah, why are you here? Are you supposed to be with your mom?” he asked the child.

            “Appa, one question at a time please.” The child only smiled at him.           

            “Aish. Where is your mom?” he asked the child again, mad at the thought that maybe Seohyun did not take care the child for good. “Tsk. That woman.” He muttered grumpily.

            “She’s with Aunt Yoona. They were talking…”

            “Sunmi!” Seohyun’s voice echoed in the corridor. She was out of breath for following and catching the little child fast steps.

            As soon as Kyuhyun saw the woman at the corridor, he carried fast and heavy steps towards her. And on Seohyun’s mind, she knows that she have to be ready for his scary words.

            “Yah, you!” Kyuhyun exclaimed when he was about a meter away from Seohyun. “Did you tell Yoona the truth, infront of Sunmi?”

            “What truth?” A woman’s voice are heard then. It was Yoona who also followed Seohyun. Confusion bared her face as she look for answer between Seohyun and the guy whom she first saw.

            “Unnie, it was…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*the cliffhanger. >.< Sorry for my spelling and grammar. it took me long time to update again. Mianhe!!!