Friend?

Fighting Over Seoul and Your Heart

"> Friend

 

 

It was another day at school. I was walking in my usual outfit, black top, jeans, black converse, black backpack and my glasses. I watched as the wind blows through my hair. It was silent, just the way I like it.

 

“MINYOUNG-AH!” I turned to see Jungsu sunbae. “Sunbae,” I said and bowed at him. “What’s up?” he ran to catch up with me. “Just some tests. Mr. Lee gives fair tests in Math,” I said. “Mr. Lee?!” He sounded shock. “You got Mr. Lee as your Math teacher!?” I nodded. “Is there something wrong about it?” I tilted my head to the side as I looked at him. “Mr. Lee… he’s just scary. I barely made it through freshmen year because of him.” He said and I just shrugged it off and continued to go to my class. 

 

He still followed me until I reached my scheduled class. I stopped and turned to him. “Not your class. I have a test, so before you get into trouble, please leave.” I left him standing there and went to my seat.

 

“Mr. Park Jungsu, do you need anything?” Mr. Lee said and Jungsu sunbae shook his head and left. I smirked as he left. “Okay class, get ready for the test.” Mr. Lee said.

 

 

After the test, some of my classmates were complaining about the tests and I just shrugged it off. “Minyoung, wasn’t the test hard?” I was asked. “It was okay,” I said. And all of their eyes were on me. I didn’t care anymore of their comments and reactions so I just walked away.

 

{Leeteuk’s POV}

It was lunch already and I sat with my friends. “Park Jungsu! Pay attention!” I heard Heechul yell at me. I looked at them and they were just laughing. Shindong was just eating while Heechul and Kangin were laughing so hard. Hankyung was reading a book and Yesung was thinking deeply.

 

I then saw Minyoung walking towards an empty table. She sat and started to eat alone. I stood up and started to walk away. “Yah! Where are you going?” I heard some of them yell, but I ignored them.

 

I slowly walked to her table. “Minyoung-ah,” she looked at me as she took a bite form her food. “Can I sit with you? You seem lonely.” I said. I was preparing for her to say no, but she scooted and patted the seat beside her.

 

I sat beside her and watched her as she ate her food. “Aren’t you going to eat?” She asked me and I took out my lunch. I started to eat too, but my eyes were still on her. “How was your test?” I asked her. “It was okay. Not that hard, not too easy too.” She said. She’s really a genius. How can she say that about Mr. Lee’s test?!

{End of POV}

 

“What time will your last class end?” He asked me. “I only have 2 more classes left. A total of 3 hours left. Why?” I said. “I’ll wait for you. I’ll walk you home. Or if you want, I’ll treat you something to eat later.” He said with pleading eyes. I was about to turn that offer, but he did say he’ll treat me. “Okay. Just keep your word.” I said and he nodded. “Of course, I’m a man who lives up to his word and besides, you’re my friend.” Friend? What really is a friend? How does one treat a friend?

 

“How do you know if you consider that person a friend?” I asked him. “A friend? I think you consider someone your friend if you feel a special connection and understanding with that person.” He said. “So, do you consider me as a friend?” He nodded. So, I’m just his friend? Should I even be happy or sad about it? “So, you should call me Leeteuk oppa now.” He said. I blinked at him. “Try it. Leeteuk op—“

 

 

The bell rang and I hurriedly went to finish my last 2 subjects. I tried my best to listen to the teacher despite the drowsiness. After hours of a long time of studying, I excitedly went out. I’m not smiling, but I feel happy and excited.

 

“Minyoung-ah!” I saw Jungsu sunbae waving at me. I hurriedly went to him. “Let’s go,” he said and I nodded.

 

While walking, I looked at him. “Jungsu sunbae, why do you walk me home?” I asked. “Because you’re my friend. Now, if you’re my friend, call me Leetuek oppa now.” I shook my head. “I prefer Jungsu sunbae,” I replied and he just sighed. “Now, this is a promise I’ll make. I will walk you home every after school until you graduate.” He said. For some reason, I felt happy. My heart contained an unexplainable feeling. It means I’m going to be with him every after school until I graduate.

 

{Leeteuk’s POV}

She looks like an angel despite her black attire. We ate like I promised her and she was in a positive mode since we entered the restaurant. Although she wasn’t smiling, she was talking a lot more.

 

After eating, I walked her up to her apartment. “Good bye~” I waved before I’d leave. “Good bye… oppa.” Did I hear it correctly? She called me oppa? But before I could ask her more, the elevator closed. I tried to recall if that was real. And it replayed in my head again. “…oppa.”