Opening Up

Fighting Over Seoul and Your Heart

 

Voice of My Heart

 

{Leeteuk’s POV}

What am I even doing here? She’s not coming out of her room. And I don’t even have her number. I have some chocolates for her. I know it’s not something special, but I hope she likes it.

 

I finally gave up and walked out of the lobby of her apartment loft. Just then, a black limo stopped and came out Minyoung who was limping and was holding her arm. As soon as the limo drove off, she showed signs of pain. I ran to her, just in time to catch her.

 

She raised her head and our eyes met. “Jungsu sunbae?” She asked as I help her stand up. “Are you okay?” I asked her and she nodded. “Now, can you please tell me what are you doing down here?” She asked. “Uhm, I wanted to see you. I wanted to give these to you.” I showed her the box of chocolates I bought for her. I looked at her and I saw how her eyes widened at the chocolate box. “Is that really for me?” She asked with her eyes still fixed on the box. I nodded and gave it to her.

 

She was like an excited kid, opening the box and took in a piece of it. She looked like she wasn’t hurt from her appearance. She was just happily eating chocolates. “Do you really like chocolates?” She nodded as she her fingers. “Thank you sunbae,” she said and bowed.

 

She took steps, but she wobbled. Luckily, I caught her before she completely fell. “Are you okay?” I asked her. She nodded then yelped in pain and she shook her head. “Is it okay if I take care of you?” I asked. She remained quiet for a few seconds before nodding. I smiled while she remained expressionless.

 

I slung her arm unto my neck and I placed my arm at her waist. Wow. Her figure is great. She’s not slim, nor too fat. She’s curvy and not heavy too. I have got to stop thinking about her physical attributes.

 

When we reached her room, she slumped at her couch. She removed her shoes and stretched them. “Where’s your first aid kit?” I asked her and she pointed to the bathroom. I got it on top of the medicine cabinet and hurriedly returned to her. She looked as calm as ever, but I was scared. She lifts her sleeves and revealed scars and bruises on her arms. “Where did you get them?!” I was scared more than her.

 

“It’s nothing. Just put some antiseptic on my big wound, would you?” She commanded and I followed her. How can she withstand all these pain? I have experienced them and it wasn’t easy to hold all the pain. One of this looked like it was a cut from something, but I don’t want to ask her anymore.

 

I continued to put some medicine over her as she continues to eat chocolates. “Uhm, how are you in school?” I asked her. “Good. Getting good grades. But I still wish I could have done better. I mean getting just an 84 in a test isn’t that good.” She said. Is she bragging now? “Is 84 so low to you?” she slightly nodded. “Then what’s high and low for you?” I asked her. “Anything lower than 86 is a sign I’m being careless with my studies. Anything higher than 90 is great.” She said. I can see her determination in studying. I wonder how and where she lived.

 

“Minyoung-ah, is it okay if I ask you how you used to live before college and how were you able to afford all of these when you say that you don’t have parents?” She stopped eating and remained quiet. She cleared before answering me.

 

“I used to live on the streets. Living for others, living in misery and violence. Now, I have a job, one that even if I work on weekends can support me. I am just one person and it’s not that hard if I earn for myself.” She said. So she grew up on the streets. No wonder she’s like this, abandoned, lonely, and doesn’t care about to outside world except hers.

 

“You got nice dimples,” she said in a monotonous voice again. I looked at her and she was busy with her chocolates and for some reason, my smile grew even bigger.

{End of POV}

 

I told Jungsu sunbae stories I never thought I could open up to people. But for some reason, I just did for him. He was different and somewhat special. I watched him from the corner of my eye. He was smiling at me. He also flashed his cute dimples. “You got nice dimples,” I complimented him. I saw that he smiled even bigger. Wow, that was cute. And for some reason, I wanted to punch his face. Was it even a good thing? If I did, I would scare him away. So I’d rather not hurt him.