Christmas Vacation

Fighting Over Seoul and Your Heart

What If

 

The boys and girls invited us to go to a ski resort for Christmas. It was the perfect time. They had actually booked us already, and all I need to do now is say yes and pack my belongings. We rode a 2 hour travel before arriving at an expensive ski resort. The boys of Beast hurriedly went to their rooms. And the girls of 4Minute then dragged me to our room. The boys had to share 2 rooms and us girls too. I was with Jiyoon and Gayoon this time. When we fixed out things, they went down. While I just grabbed a book and read it.

 

While reading, there was a knock on the door. I opened it and saw Doojoon oppa. “Doojoon oppa, do you need anything?” I asked him and he just shook his head. “Are you busy or something?” I shook my head. “You want to have a talk or cup of hot chocolate?” Just the sound of the word chocolate made me nod immediately.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

We were waiting for our orders when Doojoon spoke. “So, how’s your life right now?” I thought of my school, my experiences with all these action, and every person. “Let’s just say I never thought this is how my life would be.” I answered.

 

{Doojoon’s POV}

“What do you mean?” I asked her.

 

“I never thought I would be able to live under a roof.” It was because of us that you were able to live like that.

 

“I never thought that I would made friends.” You have us and the girls. You have more than what you expected to have.

 

“I never thought I would be with you,” she smirked. I know living with us is hard, but you never complain, right?

 

“And most of all, I never thought that I would meet that one person who would change my view of the world.” She said with a smile. Is it me? I don’t want to sound so flattered, but if it’s me then I’m grateful.

 

I looked at her as she smiled and played with her bracelet. Wait, she doesn’t even have earrings or a ring. Where did that bracelet come from? “Hey Minyoung-ah, where did that bracelet come from?” I asked her. She then looked at me, still with a smile on her face. “It’s from Jungsu oppa. It was his gift to me during my birthday,” she said and showed her bracelet to me.

 

“Is he that special to you?” she was caught off guard then looked at me, took a sip of her chocolate before answering me. “He’s a friend, one of the most special guy friends I have, like you.” She said nervously. I’m special to you, but we all know that Leeteuk is more special to you. In fact, he means a lot to you. Everyone sees it too.

 

“When you first smiled, was it with Leeteuk?” she kept silent and just nodded.

 

“When you first laughed, was it with Leeteuk too?” She also nodded.

 

Doesn’t she know how much it hurts me to know that I couldn’t make you smile first? How I wasn’t able to make you laugh despite my attempts to make you laugh? It was always Leeteuk. I used to just lose to him in academics.

 

I never this day would come again, when we will be fighting over a girl again. But that was different. I liked that girl, and she liked Leeteuk. She used me to get to him.

 

This time is different. We both feel something for her. And she doesn’t use both of us. We fell for her unintentionally.

 

 

After sipping from her hot chocolate again, she checked her cellphone. She must be waiting for a message or call from him. “Miss him?” I asked her. “What?! No. I was just checking the time. I know you do it too,” she said. She’s good with excuses. But I can’t blame her.

 

Does she miss him? Does she think about him? Does she know how much I’m bothered by the fact that I can’t be that guy you miss and that guy you’ve been thinking of? All I can promise you is that I’ll be here when he can’t be. “Minyoung-ah,” I called. She looked at me with chocolate on her face. “You have some chocolate on your face,” I said. She tried to wipe it off but she backed away a little, took the napkin and wiped it off her. “Were you going to say something to me?” she asked me. “Just remember that I will be at your side when you need me.” I sighed and stood up.

 

I really think that I’m a coward. I don’t have that courage to ask her out. I did that once, because it was like her payback to me. But I want to ask her out on a formal date. I leaned at the balcony, looked at the stars and began to think.

 

What if I was the one holding her hands when she’s scared? What if I was the one who saved her when she drowned? What if I was the one her heart is calling out for and not him? What if her smile and laughs were for me?

 

After a while, I checked on Minyoung and she was with someone now. Then that person wiped something from and she didn’t whimper or react like what she did to me. I took a better look at the person and saw who it was, Leeteuk. I guess all my ‘what ifs’ will never happen. But that doesn’t mean I should lose hope, right?

{End of POV}

 

 

Doojoon oppa just left me. I watched him as he disappear from my view. I wonder why he seems sad. “Waiter, one hot chocolate, please.” I heard his voice. Impossible is all I could say. Is Korea even that small for the possibility that we would see each other here? Maybe I’m just dreaming. Maybe it’s because I hear his voice most of the time that’s why I can hear him even here.

 

I took a better look and my eyes met with his eyes and his cute dimples. He stood up and walked up to me. “Oh, Minyoung, the world is small. Who would’ve thought we would see each other here?” he smiled. “Can I sit with you?” He asked and I nodded. I drank my hot chocolate until it was all finished. “You got something on your lip,” he said and stretched out his hand. Unlike with Doojoon oppa, I didn’t react. I let Jungsu oppa wipe whatever was on my face.

 

“So, what are you doing here?” I asked him. “I’m on a vacation with friends,” he explained and fixed his hair. “Friends you mean—“

 

“Oppa!” I felt my heart fell at the sound of her voice. “Oh, I didn’t know you were here.” She said to me. “Excuse me. I’m done. I guess you need some time for each other now.” I excused myself and left the two there.

 

{Leeteuk’s POV}
She didn’t even look back. I tried to catch her but Taeyeon blocked my way. “Oppa, are you going somewhere?” She asked. I can’t be rude and walk away from her. So I just sat down and she sat in front of me.

 

After a while, I finally got away from Taeyeon. I looked for Minyoung and saw her on the balcony. She then turned and bowed to me. “Good night oppa. I’m tired already,” she said and walked pass by me. I watched her as she just avoided me on purpose.

{End of POV}

 


 

I did a double update today because I didn't update since I don't know and tomorrow I won't be able too since it's my sister's and my graduation tomorrow. I'm graduating high school. It truly was the best 4 years of life. Anyways, enjoy and leave a comment! :D