Doojoon oppa

Fighting Over Seoul and Your Heart

 

Let's Not

 

“Why won’t you let others know that we know you?” Kikwang asked as I read my book at my desk. “Because I despise getting a lot of attention from a lot of people.” I explained with my eyes still on the book. But there is still one source of attention I wanted to receive.

 

“Come on, I want to eat with you during lunch! You look so lonely!” He whined. “I am not a loner if that’s what you’re thinking.” I told him. “Oh yeah. You were with Leeteuk,” Junhyung came near Kikwang. “Are you really friends with him?” Junhyung asked. “is there something wrong about it?” I raised my eyebrow at them as I closed my book. “Not really. Well, they are enemies.” Kikwang said. “How?” I asked.

 

“At everything. Leeteuk was always on top and Doojoon was always second. Knowing him, he doesn’t settle for second best. Leeteuk is our level’s representative, and his opponent was Doojoon. Both of them belong to the honors’ list, but Leeteuk was always higher than Doojoon. And the most painful, there was one girl that they fought.” Junhyung said. A girl? So Leeteuk must have experienced hurt already.

 

“What happened?” I asked. “They both liked the girl. They did their best to get the girl, but they soon found out that the girl was cheating with both of them. The two of them got into a fight and they asked the girl to choose from them.” Kikwang ended. “Who did she choose?” They just shook their head. “Leeteuk?” They still shook their head. “We never heard any news about them. Doojoon never mentioned her name again.” Junhyung answered.

 

 

{Doojoon’s POV}

I looked at the papers and watched at the probable hideouts some of the boys of Super Junior are. I guess they’re planning a big event at Busan next year. Big transactions are to be made and it’s the perfect time for ambush. I have to keep track of their activities.

 

“Doojoon sunbae,” I heard Minyoung’s voice from the outside. I opened the door and saw her standing there. “Do you need anything?” I asked. She shook her head. “I just don’t want to be with the others. They are somewhat annoying.” She said.

 

“What do you want to do then?” She just shrugged her shoulders. “Do you want to eat? My treat.” I said and she nodded.

 

 

We were walking on the streets of Seoul when she stopped in front of an ice cream store. “Do you want some?” she nodded. We entered and we saw the wide variety of ice cream flavors. I saw her look at the chocolate ice cream. I got two chocolate sundaes and we sat by the window.

 

“Do you like ice cream?” I asked her as she ate her ice cream. “Ice cream is okay. I like chocolates.” She said. I thought she was hard to please because she doesn’t seem to like anything except the color black and studying.  Now I know she loves chocolates.

 

“Doojoon sunbae,” she called out. “It’s Doojoon oppa to you. You should stop calling us sunbae and start calling us oppa.” I said. “I’ll try. I usually don’t call people oppa.” She answered said. She looked at me and I smiled.

 

“Doojoon sun— I mean oppa, what is love?” she asked. I choked on my ice cream. I cleared my throat before answering it. “It’s the greatest feeling you’ll ever feel.” She tilted her head.

{End of POV}

 

“It’s the greatest feeling you’ll ever feel.” He said and I tilted my head. “It’s when you fully trust that person, and you can’t imagine your life without that person. You feel something for that person and you wish that you will just last forever.” He answered. I wonder if love is great. I don’t know how it feels.

 

{Doojoon’s POV}

She bowed her head and looked at the window. I thought that love is something I’ll never reconsider again. But then again, I look at you and you give me a different feeling.

 

I told you what love is, but I guess you don’t know what it is. As you said, you never encountered many such things except violence.

{End of POV}