Coupling

Babysitting A Badass Gangster

It has been a month after the whole fiasco with Hollie, and everyone was still mourning Ah Young’s death. Of course they did not sit at her graves and listed years’ worth of memories with her, but everyone still prayed for her everyday. Jiyong and Dara have the hardest hit, and for the first week after Ah Young’s death, they would cuddled with each other, since that was the only way they could sleep at night. Nightmares of Ah Young’s last moment still appeared in Jiyong and Dara’s dreams now, but they knew if they had turned back time, Ah Young would still find a way to sacrifice herself and saved them all.

A month has passed, and Jiyong and Dara, as well as everyone, was closer than before. They have been through so much, and they have realized that losing one another can be too easy and too sudden, that if they don’t hold on tight, their love ones could slip through their fingers like a bittersweet afterimage.

---

“Chaerin, Chaerin, listen to me~” Seungri whined as he tailed Chaerin, guilty as charge when she caught him talking with the pretty girl who ran the jewelry store.

“Chaerin, it wasn’t like that, we were just talking.” Chaerin made a sharp turn and faced Seungri, her eyes demanding an honest answer.

“Really, we were really just talking.”

“I want to believe you, but for the past week you’ve been smelling like lilies and now I know where that came from!” Chaerin huffed and resumed walking away.

Seungri sighed and with one swift movement, he pulled Chaerin to the side and raised her hand up. He pulled an object out of his pocket and slide it over Chaerin’s finger. She shivered at the cold texture, but at the same time her heart warmed at the sight of a silver ring. Seungri pulled another, identical ring and showed that his and Chaerin’s initials were engraved inside. He gave the ring to her and she scoffed at him, all the while still helping him put it on.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close “Now you understand why I’ve been meeting that girl right?”
Chaerin nodded and pecked Seungri on the lips, his eyes were startled, but pleasantly startled. The gap between them closed and they were in their own world.


---

“Oppa!” Minzy was everywhere, literally, she had already hunted down six different snack bars and still, she was not full. Her left arm cradled a bucket of popcorn and her right hand was feeding cotton candy to her longing mouth.

“Oppa! I want ice cream next.”

“Minzy, you promised me we’d ride the ferris wheel next! And that was three rides and two snack bars ago!” Daesung dragged his feet behind the energetic Minzy and fidgeted with the gift in his pocket. *My date isn’t going too well*

“Oppa, let’s go in the haunted house next, there’s a long line so it should be exciting!”
“Minzy~”
“Ferris wheel next, I promised.”

Daesung shook his head, when she showed him an expression like that it’d kill him to say no. With a mixture of feelings, he followed her into the haunted house.

“That, was the worst experience of my life” Daesung complained at he remembered all the hands that was feeling him up, and he was willing to bet these ladies weren’t just doing it to scare him away.

“It wasn’t that bad was it?”

“No, because you were there” Daesung flinched as Minzy flicked his head, guess being cheesy has its limits.

“Oppa, let’s go on the ferris wheel.” Minzy smiled gently and they both headed to the ferris wheel, Daesung felt his pocket for the hundredth time to make sure he hasn’t lost his present. They boarded the ferris wheel and it took three minutes, three very very long minutes, to get to the top. Then, the ferris wheel stopped abruptly.

“I wondered what happened.” Minzy scratched her head in confusion. “But the view is really pretty so I don’t mind it.” She leaned back in the chair and stared at the sunset.

“Hey, Gong Minzy!” Daesung startled the poor girl, not good, he was way too nervous.

“Oppa, are you ok, you’re sweating a lot right now.” Minzy laughed.

“I’m fine! Gong Minzy, I’m going to say this once, so listen!”

Minzy laughed, her oppa was just too funny.

“Since we’ve been through so much, and I’ve never officially said anything, so now’s as good a time as ever! Gong Minzy, be my girlfriend and stay with me for a long, long, loonnnggggg time please!” He almost shoved a bracelet into her. Minzy laughed at her sweaty, beet red, and darling oppa.

“Of course!” She yelled “I’ll be oppa’s girlfriend for a long, long, lonnngggggg time!” Minzy put the bracelet on and showed a gummy smile. Daesung showered her with a gummy smile himself as they laughed, holding hands with their matching bracelets.


---

“Hey Bom!” TOP walked swiftly as he tried to catch up with Bommie.

“I swear, if you’re going to give me a matching bracelet or anything cheesy like that I don’t want it! I hate commitment so let’s just stay as we are!” Bom walked even faster.

“How’d you know what we were going to do?”

“You were just way too obvious! And besides, gossip is a dreadful weapon.”

“But how come?! Chaerin and Minzy probably accepted the presents really well!”

“I don’t care I don’t care, I hate commitment. What if you disappeared one day? Am I supposed to look at our matching ring and wait for you?! What if you were severely injured, and are in a coma? Should I treasured a matching bracelet and wished for years and years for you to wake up? What if you have to go through something again, and you decided not to tell me? Should I go look for you again?! I hate it, I hate hate hate commitment!”

TOP heard the changed in her voice and sprinted to Bom’s side, he stopped in front of her, caressed her shoulders, and stooped down to see that she was crying.

“Stupid, what if you were gone, if you give me something so important, how am I supposed to forget about you? Stupid, stupid, stupid.”

TOP sighed, there’s no way he could win against his girl. He gave her a tight hug. “Who saids I’m going anywhere? Even if I did, I’d come back and stick to you again, since you’re just too important to live without. And what’s that about forgetting me? That’s just awful, I’m still here.”

TOP moved Bom’s hands away so they were eye to eye. “I won’t go anywhere, so you don’t have to worry about that. And I got us a pair of studded earrings, it’s totally our style right?”

Bom shoved his face away, but nonetheless, she was going to accept his earrings the moment he chased after her again.

---

“Hey Song, this is really simple, but I wanted to do it anyway. I’ve been wanting to say this for a really long time, but I really like you so, will you go out with me?”

Taeyang held out a gold chain necklace embedded with a lilac colored gem.

“No, that’s too forward. Should I be smooth like boss and go ‘Close your eyes’ and put in on her?” Taeyang cringed at the thought. “No that’s just too gross.”

“How about? I’ve liked you for a while now, will you be my girlfriend?” He was a centimeter away from banging his head against the wall. “It’s way too simple, do girls like it that way?”

“I do.”

Taeyang froze, he knew that voice. How long has she been there? Was she there the whole time? this is so embarrassing.

“Why? Now that I said I like it simple, are you not going to give that to me anymore?”

To hell with being perfect. Taeyang turned to Song and with a shy smile, he held up his gift and she giggled at his bashfulness.

---

The guys met up with each other, each with their official girlfriends, made up a group happy enough to spark several rainbows.

“So we’re going to go now?” Seungri asked.

“Yup” The guys replied. The girl, who were very angry that they had only been told what was going on a few minutes ago, still were more than willingly to help set up the event.

Two hours and fifteen minutes until the event.