Goodbye Myra

Babysitting A Badass Gangster

“Unnie, hurry.” Dara called out and chuckled, waving for Ah Young to hurry. They were in front of the Kwon’s mansion. Dara wanted to spend all day catching up with her dear sister but you see, a certain gangster will have her head for it.

“So, who are you babysitting that you need to pick him up for school? Some elementary brat?” Ah Young joked and caught up to Dara. The others lagged behind because they couldn’t stand the awkward atmosphere that would certainly be hanging if they were to get closer.

“I wish.” Dara rang the bell and immediately the door swung open.

“How are you later than normal you stupid wom-” Jiyong didn’t finish his sentence. “What are you doing here?” He asked in shock and it soon turned into distaste.

Big Bang who was behind Jiyong stiffened also and for once Seungri didn’t run to flirt with Chaerin first thing in the morning.

“Jiyong?” Ah Young muttered his name and walked closer to put her hands to his cheek. “You’ve grown.”

“You know each other?” Dara asked curiously.

“Yeah, me and Jiyong go way back, right Ji?” Ah Young chuckled when Jiyong pushed her hand away.

“You know her?”

Dara nodded. “Remember the unnie I told you about? The one that helped us when we escaped to Seoul from the orphanage?”

*That was this Ah Young? Dara you idiot!*

“I didn’t think you knew each other as well! This is great!” Dara smiled. “Come on, unnie, I’ll ask Kwon Jiyong to threaten your way into school.”

Jiyong looked at their backs and then at 2ne1. “I guess you guys don’t like her either.” They nodded and together headed to school with heavy steps.

“Wait, did oppa leave?” Nina ran to the gate but Taeyang held her back with his hand. She looked up at him with large eyes that were full of questions.

“Nina, it’s best if you don’t give Jiyong his goodbye kiss today.” He said without giving much detail and called to Song to take Nina back to her room.

On the way back, Song peered at the gate to Taeyang, worries written all over his face. She wished she could help, but she was only a maid. There was nothing she can do.

-----

Dara couldn’t argue that it was great that Jiyong and Ah Young knew each other before hand. They were both important to her and she was happy. But seeing as how Ah Young kept sticking close to Jiyong and him pushing her away, but not exactly harsh enough to do so, it makes her tummy swirl.

She blamed herself for feeling jealous of her life saviour but she couldn’t help it. First it was Myra and now it was her unnie? How many women does Jiyong have in his life? And how many did Dara has to go through before he notices her?

That evening, Jiyong met up with Myra in the garden after he got home from school and wouldn’t let anyone go near it. Myra sat on one of the benches there and looked up at him.

“Something you want to say?”

“Yes, I contacted Byunghun yesterday.”

“Why?!” Myra stood up in protest and lost her cool, something that the usual calm and cheerful Myra would not have shown. And something that she would never show to Jiyong.

He loved her, he really did. She was the first girl he had shown such deep feelings for. But all that was in the past, because in the present, Kwon Jiyong had found something, or rather someone else he held dear.

“You’re running away because some showed up and lied that she was pregnant with his child?”

“You don’t understand! It’s not a lie. I’ve seen Byunghun coming home late for a while and I’ve smelled perfume on his clothes. He never even tell me where he was and he’d been so distant. There’s no way I can force myself to be secure!”

Myra was in tears, she loves her boyfriend so so much.

“Have you tried to talk to him about it?” Myra turned away. She didn’t.

“You idiot!” Jiyong yelled and went to her, crouching down so he can look up to her tear stained face. “Well, lucky for you, I did. And I can assure you that his guy loves you more than anything else. You’re his world.”

He hugged her to stop her from shaking and Myra buried her face in his shoulder.

“You really think so?” She managed to asked with a trembling voice.

“It’s the truth.”

Myra gasped and turned to the owner of the voice. There she found the root of her troubles, her insecurities, and her happiness standing there with a bouquet of roses in his hand. He was dressed in a tux and his hand fidgeted in his pocket.

Jiyong felt that this was not his place anymore and silently left the garden.

“I’m sorry, Myra, I didn’t know I was worrying you.” Byunghun stepped closer and kneeled down, offering her the bouquet.

“I didn’t want to tell you that I was modelling for a restaurant downtown so I can earn money because I thought you would try to take on double jobs to help me. I’m so sorry.”

“Why do you need money oppa? We were living just fine.” She took the roses and let a soft smile played on her lips.

“Well, I needed money to buy this.” The hand that was hidden came to light with a small, velvet box on its palm. Byunghun slowly opened it and revealed a silver ring with a small rhinestone embellishing it. Myra could feel the air being out from her body.

“Myra, would you do me the honor of being my wife?”

Myra threw her arms around him and said something. Later she found out that she was screaming yes over and over again and everyone could hear it.

-----

“I’m sorry to have troubled you.” Myra bowed politely as she and Byunghun sets out to the airport, hand in hand and smiling with contentment at each other.

“It was nothing. I’m used to these spoiled behaviors.” Jiyong hinted and eyes Nina. The lad pouted and hugged Myra some more.

“Must you go? I thought you were really going to get back with oppa and be my sister.”

“Yah Kwon Nina!” Jiyong protested and Nina stuck out her tongue at him.

“Well, Nina. I’ll always be your sister, you know that.” She squeezed the girl for comfort. “And I was the one rejected, you see. Seems like Jiyong has already found someone else.” She eyes him knowingly and he pinked from getting caught.

“We’ll invite you to the wedding, so make sure to come. And bring your girlfriend to so I can be sure you won't snatch the bride away." She winked and smiled mysteriously. The only one who didn't get the message was Nina.

They waved goodbye and after they were out of sight, Nina smile slipped as she crossed her arms and inspected her brother.

“So, which wench did you give your heart to this time?” Jiyong shifted uncomfortably and looked to Big Bang for help. But hey, they weren’t stupid, they’re not getting involved in this.

“Oppa! You better tell me!” Nina yelled as she run after her escaping brother. But she has an idea as to what the answer was, but she wasn’t giving in just yet.