Liking Him

Babysitting A Badass Gangster

*I should go in, I should go in not, I should go in, I should go in not.* Dara pondered over and over. The question at hand was the most question in her life as of this moment. What’s a girl to do when just last night she had the realization of her life?

“This is so difficult.” Dara whined and whined, if she known it was going to be this difficult, she would not have come here to pick Jiyong up.

In the distance, Dara could hear the door clicked open and within seconds, she could spot Jiyong and his gang walking out. Right away it was hunk alert big time because boy did that lad looked good with his new silver hair. It shined in the light even more than the last one and what can I say, girls really do dig bad guys.

“O my god.” Dara was breathless, this boy will be the death of her.
“Dara, stop drooling at your boyfriend already.” Chaerin nudged her.

“Boyfriend?”

“Yeah, now come on, the whole gang is coming here and you don’t want to get caught staring.”

“Whole gang? There are other people?”

God this girl is hopeless, Chaerin felt secondhand embarrassment and nudged Dara again, harder this time.

“What? Oh, sorry about that.” Dara pulled back her eyes because they were literally going to pop out of their sockets if she had stare any longer.

Jiyong perked up at the sight of her and he couldn’t make his way to her side fast enough. This girl was just growing in his life, growing oh so fast.

“Hey, here to pick me up?”

“Yeah, and the others too.” Dara did not meet his eyes and just shrugged, Jiyong was displeased at her indifference at her greeting but he had no idea how it pains her to even sneak a look at this handsome guy right next to her.

*Kwon Jiyong/Park Dara, you have no idea.*

-----

“Chaerin, you aren’t coming in?” Dara questioned as they arrived at the school but Chaerin refused to hop off her bike.

“Yeah, I’m playing hookie for today, there’s a test in History and I couldn’t study last night thanks to someone.”

Dara flushed embarrassingly, she can be quite a sleep talker if something was on her mind. “Sorry.” She mouthed and Chaerin almost darted off on her motorbike when a figure jumped in front of it and Chaerin’s heart almost stopped.

“Are you freaking retarted?!”

“Ehehe, oops.” Seungri responded and waited until she turned off the motor before walking to her side. “Do you mind if I play hookie with you?”

“Yes, I do mind.” But ignoring her answer, Seungri braked the bike before lifting Chaerin off, much to her flustered response.

“I’ll drive since I’m the guy, hop on.” He cocked his neck to the back seat as a signal and she sighed exasperatedly.

“You can’t possibly think I’m going to let you drive my motorbike.” Seungri just shrugged and glanced back at her with a lopsided smile. He saw her took off her helmet and ruffled her hair with an unhappy face and his smile faded. He thought if he did this as a joke she might, MIGHT, let him go with her. It was worth a try.

“I wasn’t serious, I’ll g-” His sentence trailed off when a his vision was blocked by a clumsily put on helmet. “At least wear it since you’re the driver.” Chaerin swung her leg over to the other side of her bike and make herself comfortable in the back seat. Seungri adjusted his helmet and drove off. But not before taking Chaerin's arms and winding it around his own waist. "You don't want to fall off."

And he let out a relieved breath of air when she didn't resist.

-----

“I can’t believe this is happening.” Dara mumbled incoherently. Jiyong and her was just paired together for a chemistry lab and this cannot get any worse.

“Sorry I was late!” A random student ran in and the teacher sighed, she’s the type that did not like unpredictable outcomes. “Um, is there any two members group that would like another member?”

Dara raised her hand in a heartbeat. “Here!”

Thank god, now she doesn’t have to be alone with Kwon Jiyong. Although the thought made her shoulder slumped slightly, but it was only SLIGHTLY, being alone with him was more suffocating.

The student clumsily make his way over and was about to offer a word of thanks when he feel cold sweats forming on his forehead. He looked up and yup, there it is, a pair of murderous eyes that seems to say “I’ll kill you if you join us.”

Those pairs of eyes left the lad and darted on the two-people team next to him and they got the clue. “W-we’re also available.”

The student quickly ran to their side and Dara reached out at her hope flickering away.

“Hey, careful, your clumsy self is going to knock over all the materials.”

Dara pouted slightly and decided it’s less tiring to go with the flow. Deep inside, she was a bit, just a bit, happy to be able to be alone with Jiyong.

“So, how do we do this?” Dara glanced up at Jiyong with her brown orbs filled with curiosity through those oversized goggles that was adorable in its own way that for a moment Jiyong forgot her question. “Beats me.”

“What? You’re the genius here.” She hissed. “You should’ve listened to the teacher’s instruction then, Miss Porcupine.”

“Well, I was distracted!”

“By what?”

*You.* Dara decided to ignore it and figured out it would be better to ask the teacher again. But her chemistry teacher was crabby, like really, really crabby. *Maybe I should just guess.*

Dara observed the people around her and followed whatever they were doing. However, she was too busy looking that she did not realized that she had reached for the wrong flask.
“No Dara you can-”

Boom!

“-'t mix those together.”

Smoke filled the room and when it cleared, if revealed a smoke-bombed Dara with messy hair and an ash-black face. Jiyong, who quickly dodged the attack looked at her and held back his laughter because boy did the teacher looks piss. The teacher did not like unpredicted events, not one bit.

“Oops.” Dara put down the flasks slowly and excused herself before making a dash to the restroom.

Once in the restroom, she took a look at herself in the mirror and almost screamed.

“Oh, that’s me.” She quickly fixes her hair and washed up her face. “Why do I always embarrassed myself in front of you.”

Dara sighed. “Why am I so self-conscious?”

*It can’t be help, you like him after all.* She answered her own question before walking back to the classroom to face Kwon Jiyong.

-----