My Fight

Babysitting A Badass Gangster

Dara gaped doubtfully at Ah Young’s recollection, it was true that she killed her father, but what about the rest? Dara wasn’t sure if she could bring herself to believe in Ah Young’s words any longer, after all, the numbers of years Dara had spent living a lie was not small.

“Do you still believe I’m lying to you?”

Dara nodded, what else could she have done? Believe the murderer in front of her blindly like always?

“You’re a murderer.”

“I know.” Ah Young sighed and showed Dara a bittersweet smile. Ah Young would’ve deemed it a miracle if Dara had believed her.

“That doesn’t matter anymore, because I won’t let you die. I’ll make sure to release you from your cell, but to avoid suspicion, you might have to suffer a little. And I’m sorry about that.”

“Release? Cell? What are you-”

“You’re being a bait right now, sweetheart, to lure Jiyong out. And I’m betraying the people who ordered your captive, because I need to save both you and my brother.”

“You’re serious.” That wasn't a question, because Dara can sense the tension from Ah Young.

“I am.”

“But wouldn’t you die?”

“What makes you say that? You’ve seen how strong and ruthless I am.”

Dara couldn’t deny that truth, but something about this situation doesn’t seem right. If Ah Young wanted to betray whoever was responsible for Dara’s capture, why did she wait until now?

“Honestly, you’re scare of them too, aren’t you? You can’t expect me to believe there were never an opportunity to stab them in the back.”

Dara hit it right on the mark, and Ah Young can only hope her surprise didn’t show.

“No, I’m not. They’re powerful, but I’m better.” Ah Young touched her left ear-lobe nervously.

“You’re lying, you’re touching your left ear-lobe, you think I don’t know your habits?” Dara wasn’t sure if Ah Young was telling the whole truth, but she sure wasn’t going to let her die. Dara isn’t losing anyone she cared for ever again.

“You’ll die if you go in with me, wouldn’t you?”

“I won’t, I already told you.”

“You’re lying, whoever is responsible for this, they’re definitely strong. You’ll definitely die, so you can’t go in there.”

“Then would you rather let Jiyong die instead?”

Dara admitted that Ah Young had struck a nerve, but she wasn’t fazed in the slightest. Dara was terrify of losing Jiyong, but somehow she is confident that if it’s him, he will not let her down. Kwon Jiyong is not someone who would let go of Dara so easily, because he loves her, and that much she can feel despite the distance that separated them right this moment.

“Jiyong will not die, but you will. He isn’t alone, but you are. So promise me you won’t try to help.”

Ah Young shook her head at Dara’s stubbornness. This girl in front of her is wearing the same expression she did years ago when they met again at the hospital, and Ah Young knew nothing would convince her otherwise.

“Fine, I promise I’ll think about it. We’re almost there so I’m going to have to knock you out again.”

Before Dara could say anything, Ah Young landed a hard punch across Dara’s right cheek and she was out cold.

“I’m sorry Dara, but this is my fight. Jiyong and the others are too young to escape safely, and I’m not letting father reunite with his beloved son so soon.” Ah Young sighed and looked down at her crossed fingers.