Midnight Cafe

Babysitting A Badass Gangster

During the time that our Dara was having trouble with her inner conflicts, Chaerin and Seungri were having a bliss on the other end of town, well one of them was anyway.

“How fun is this right?!” Seungri tried to entertain a somewhat bored Chaerin. They were on a roller coaster, (a begging rat, an amusement park, scaring the poor guy into giving free tickets, stuff happens) and Chaerin was by his side, about to fall asleep.

After the roller coaster, Seungri dragged Chaerin into a theater and again, more scaring people for free tickets, before heading toward The Haunting, apparently one of the scariest movie in the market.

Seungri had the perfect plan.

“Kyah!!!!! Seungri oppa, I’m scared.” Chaerin screamed in an unusual high and screechy voice as she hung onto Seungri.

He smoothed her hair. “It’s ok, oppa’s here, no matter what monsters or evil one-eyed villain comes at us, I’ll always be by your side and protect you.”

“Oppa, you’re the best.”

And closer and closer they leaned in.

“Hey...hey.” Chaerin stared at Seungri’s disgusting kissy face and flicked his forehead hard, knocking him out of whatever dream he was having.

“The movie’s starting.”

“Right.” Seungri cleared his throat and turned his head to the screen.

Halfway through the movie, he yawned and he could feel his limbs going numb. Seriously, this is supposed to be scary? You can totally see that the blood on screen was fake. Being a gangster, he had seen countless guy being beaten up and this was like watching a comedy.

Seungri glanced over to Chaerin and she looked as bored as he was. Not one bit of fear. *Why did I even try?*

Seungri sighed and earned a curious glance from Chaerin. *He was the one who wanted to watch it.* She tapped his shoulder. “Hey, if you’re bored we can get out of here you know.”

“No, it’s fine, you watch.” Seungri surveyed the entire theater and noticed for the first time, there were couples everywhere! There was this one girl hanging onto her boyfriend in fear, another pair was taking advantage of the dark to make out. *That’s how it should be.*

“On the other hand, let’s go.”

They both exited and saw that it was already dark, who knew half the movie would take so long.

“Are you hungry?”

Chaerin shook her head, to be honest, she was a little hungry. But knowing this rat, he’ll probably go all out if she had just said she wanted a plate of hot ddubokki.

But her stomach betrayed her and gave a soft growl. Normally, it wouldn’t be noticed if not for the fact that the night was quiet with barely anyone around. Chaerin hugged her tummy and pinked in embarrassment.

Seungri chuckled a bit. *Cute.*

“Well, I’m hungry. I think I’ll go grab some night time sweets.” He sauntered away.

Chaerin looked up in pleasant surprise at him. He was rather considerate. Slowly, she followed him into a cafe named Midnight Cafe.

“This cafe is adorable.” Seungri admired the sweet smell filling up the bakery. The design in here was rather simple really. A few stuff toys hanging from the windows and the desks and chairs were baby pink, light yellow, and other cute colors you can name.

Personally as a gangster, this would not be his favorite place to buy sweets but he thought Chaerin might like it. Boy was he wrong.

Chaerin was shaking in her own little corner. All these things, these GIRLY things were giving her goosebumps. The kitty cat in the corner stared at her with its big, brown plastic eyes and everywhere was just, just...cute.

Seungri glanced back at her and notice Chaerin shrinking back, what was wrong?

“Hey, are you o-oomf.” Seungri took a double take when Chaerin clung onto his coat, her face resting on his chest. “H-hey, what’s wrong?” Not that he minded.

“Let’s get out of here.” She mumbled, barely audible. “I can’t stand cute things.”

“What was that?”

“I said, I can’t stand cute things.”

“Sorry, I didn’t hear-”

“I said I can’t stand cute things so let’s get out of here you jerk!”

Seungri definitely heard it now and so did the rest of the cafe. Everyone perked up and stared at the strange pair by the entrance and Seungri excused himself.

Slowly, the exited with Chaerin clinging onto his coat without letting go. Once they were outside, Seungri took Chaerin by the shoulder. “Are you ok now?”

She nodded but still wouldn’t let go of him. He patted her shoulder slightly, but enjoying the moment nonetheless.

“You know, if I knew you would use this as an excuse to profess your affection for me I would’ve invited you out for cakes long ago.”

Chaerin quickly pulled herself away and stomped hard on his foot. “You bastard! You think this is funny?”

“Well, you not being afraid of The Haunting but instead of a little cafe is pretty interesting.” She hit his foot again.

“Well sorry for not being like other girls!”

“I never said that it was bad being different.”

Chaerin hesitated for a moment. “I think it’s hot.” Seungri smiled cheesily and Chaerin delivered a kick to his shin before storming away.

*Ugh, why do I even bother listening to whatever he's saying?!*

“Wait, I’m sorry.” Seungri ran after her. “But at least you’re ok now.” He spoke rather softly.

Chaerin halted when she caught what he was saying. *He made a fuss to cheer me up?*

She turned back to the cheeky rat and he smiled at her. She felt a weird, numbing feeling inside. She didn’t want this to happen, the Lee Chaerin needs to be tough and strong, not having her heart moved by some gangster.

But as he smiled at her, she knew that this guy was different. She ran back to him and walked by his side, much to his astonishment.

“Hurry up, you’re driving you know.”