Valentine Plans

Babysitting A Badass Gangster

 

Dara’s POV

“Myra, Myra, who the hell is she?” I repeated the name over and over again and everytime, it left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I balanced my pencil between my pouty lips and nose. I was suddenly curious, and curiosity kills the cat. “But I really want to know.”

“Dara, can you stop whining? It’s been like this for the past hour.” Bommie blew dry her manicure.

“I can’t help it.”

“It I tell you about that girl, will you stop?”

My head perked up and I enthusiastically pulled Bom down to the floor. She almost killed me for ruining her nails.

“Why? You know something?”

“Don’t I always?”

“But how?”

“Girl, while you’ve been complaining, I’ve been making a few calls to Seunghyun and I got him to spill everything.”

“Wait, you have TOP’s number?”

She smacked my head. “Is that really the issue right now?”

“Ok, ok, start talking oh mighty gossip queen.” I kowtowed to her and she snickered.

“Ok, sweetheart, here’s what the giant told me”:

Myra, you could say, was Jiyong’s ideal woman. She was energetic, outgoing, fun, and not afraid to stand up to him. She moved in the neighborhood when Jiyong was in sophomore year of high school and they’ve been hanging out ever since, it was like attraction at first sight. Jiyong asked her out a year later and she said yes. Their relationship went on for a little more than a year until Myra was in her senior. It was then that she took an interest in culinary art and was offered a chance to study it in France. They had a big argument and broke up before Myra’s graduation. She's Jiyong's first love and his first ever girlfriend so it left a pretty deep grudge with him.

“And they haven’t seen each other until now.”

I listened carefully and was surprised to hear that the brat confessed to a girl. There was that uneasy stir in my chest again that makes me want to puke, maybe it’s just that much of a shock.

Bommie secretly eyed me. “Sooo, do you know what this weekend is?” I shook my head and she face palmed herself.

“For god’s sake, it’s Valentine stupid!”

My mouth formed an understanding “o,” but what does that have to do with anything? And since when did we ever care for Valentine?

“Are you giving some to Jiyong?”

“That brat?! Oh hell no!”

“We’re not getting any younger, I want to have the experience, especially now that we have cute and rich targets, we can guarantee a good white day return.”

“We can just trade off with each other.”

That earned me a smack in the head from Bom, and believe me, she slaps with her nail.

“What part of us is rich?”

I gave my best friend a look and a light bulb popped into my head. “If Chaerin is willing to give Seungri chocolate, I’ll give Jiyong mine.”

I raised my head high, gleaming with admiration for my brilliant idea. Bom turned to Chaerin who quickly finds an escape. Bom pulled out from her skinny jean pockets a hundred bill and fan it temptingly in the air.

“Hey, that’s cheating!” I whined as Chaerin went over and accepted the cash. “And where did you get the money?”

“Thanks Dara, your pay is very convenient.”

“Remind me again never to make a deal with you.”

She gave me an ok sigh and I turned to Chaerin with disbelieving eyes. The lad just shrugged, as if that would clean her of the sin she had just committed.

Together, we headed to the store to buy ingredients for our first Valentine Day ever.