Two Beating Hearts

Babysitting A Badass Gangster

 

Dara’s POV

“How was the game?” Apparently, Big Bang had won, much to Chaerin’s dismay.

“That maknae, poor him, he doesn’t know Chaerin can hold grudges. He was trying to apologize the whole afternoon.” Bom chuckled and looked over at Chaerin venting her anger out on our poorly-made punching bag.

“What happened with you?”

“What?”

“You know, with Jiyong. I saw him coming back without you, so I thought something might’ve been up.”

Damn her for being so sharp.

“Nothing.” I shrugged it away and tried my best to ignore the prying eyes of my curious friend.

“Dara, I swear to god even if you don’t tell me now I will find out and you’re not gonna hear the end of it.” I gave in and told her the whole story. My so called best bud thought it was such a perfect romance because she squealed and spazzed like there was no tomorrow.

“I knew it, that guy totally has a thing for you!”

“Yeah right, he’s probably up to something again.”

“What about you? How did you react when he says that?” I thought back to that moment that has been replaying a billion times in my head and my cheeks flamed up. Bom was wearing that knowing grin again. I pretended to stretch and yawned.

“Wah, I’m so tired, I’m going to go rest.” I ran away to the room I shared with Bom. It's best to run away from Bom at moments like these. 

“So? Do you think she likes him?” Chaerin went over to the fridge and got herself a bottle of water.

“I don’t think she likes him, I know she does. But it’s gonna take a lot for that gal to realize it.”

“What are you going to do about it?”

“For now? Just sit and watch.”

-----

“Hey Kwon Jiyong! GET YOUR UP!!”

*Dammit, I’m going to be late on my second day of school because this lazy bum can’t get up in the morning?!*

Dara eyes lit up with an idea and she walked over to his video game cabinet and picked up the several game CDs.

“Oh Jiyongie~ if you don’t wake up, I’m going to smash. your. precious Call of Duty collention into. pieces!!!!”

Jiyong bolted up and his head collided with the ground. “I’m up! Woman, put that down!”

-----

“I better not be late because of you!” Dara scolded as she and Jiyong dashed to school. Jiyong was jogging leisurely with a smirk on his face while Dara was huffing and trying to ignore her burning legs.

“You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

“Quite a bit.”

Dara narrowed her eyes but accelerated. Unfortunately, they were still late and were forced to stand outside the classroom. “I ran so fast, but we still didn’t make it.” Dara pouted and lightly massaged her legs.

“Obviously, you didn’t run fast enough.” Jiyong mocked.

“If I had known, I wouldn’t have come to pick you up; you don’t care if you skip school right? Now the teacher will think I’m a slacker.”

*Not picking me up? That mean I won’t be able to see you in the morning.* Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows. *That won’t do.*

-----

“Ayo, teach.” The English teacher turned around and adjusted her glasses. “Can we talk for a bit?” The teacher nodded, a bit fidgety.

“About this morning, me and Da-I mean, Park Sandara came in late, the reason is”

“Don’t worry! I- I won't mark it, I promise.” The teacher stuttered.

“Oh really? Make sure you tell Dara that, and don’t mention me.” The teacher nodded and waved nervously as Jiyong walked away.

-----

“Ms. Park?”

“Yes, teacher?”

“About this morning, I understand there were some…problems, I won’t count it against you, so please try to do better next time.”

Dara eyes lit up. “Thank you, I promise you, I’ll work really really hard!” she bowed continuously and dashed away. Jiyong saw her running to the school gates happily and pushed himself off the wall. She spotted him and swung her arms around his neck. He stiffened, slightly shock from her touch. His heart cart wheeled happily in his chest and blood rushed to his face.

*The hell?! What’s wrong with my heart? Calm down damn!*

“The teacher said she won’t count it against me! I’m so happy.”

*I should help her get away with troubles everyday.* A ghost of a smile crept up his face.

He pushed her away and threw his backpack in her arms. “Since you’re in a good mood, carry my bag for me.” Dara pouted in annoyance and shrugged it away. She walked behind him. After walking for a while, her happiness dose wore off and Dara was starting to wonder where they’re going.

“Hey, where are we going?”

“Home.”

“Your home or my home.”

“Mine. You’re helping me with homework.” Dara mouth fell open and she made an effort to catch up with him.

“But you’re a freaking smart person, why would you want my help?”

Jiyong just coughed and kept walking. “And why couldn’t we have gone on your limo, why walk? It’s so far!”

Dara whined the rest of the way until they were only three or four blocks away from the Kwon’s mansion. Jiyong heaved a sigh and turned around. He walked toward Dara with annoyed written across his forehead.

*Oops, too much complaining?* Dara gulped and backed away.

Jiyong grabbed her elbow and before Dara could let out a scream, he wrapped her arms around his neck and piggy-backed her. Dara shut up as he carried her down the road, ignoring the stares and whispers of the people on the street.

“You’re having one of your mood swings again.” Dara mumbled into his shoulders and tried to calm her heart.

*Was his shoulder always this broad? They’re really sturdy too.* Dara bit her lips and shook the thought out of her head. She loosened her grip and jumped off his back, causing them to stumble backward.

“Yah!”

“Woops, sorry. But I can walk now.” Dara made a peace sigh and scurried toward the Kwon’s mansion.

*Park Sandara, get a hold of yourself!* She hit herself several times in the head and rang the doorbell. Mr. Butler was there within a minute, opening the door and greeting them happily.