Starting Over

Babysitting A Badass Gangster

 

“Ha! I showed him, he was speechless!” Dara declared triumphantly back at their home and laughed into her pillow with giddiness.

“We get it so shut your mouth and go to sleep.” Chaerin spat at Dara, but nothing can ruin her mood.

*Kwon Jiyong, you’re going down, just wait.*

-----

Dara’s POV.

I woke up extra early today. I brushed my teeth and washed my face well. Then I posed in front of the mirror.

“I’m just beautiful, aren’t I?” I nodded and headed to Jiyong’s mansion. Mr. Butler let me in at the first bell, he’s always so nice. I walked up to Jiyong’s room and made my way in.

“Ugh, it’s so messy.” I shook my head and strode toward the sleeping master. I looked down at how the sun shined on him and I can make out his sharp features. His jaw was defined and something about him sleeping on his stomach in such a comfortable way gave him a pleasant atmosphere.

*If only you can be that way when you’re awake too.*

“Yah, wake up you lazy , it’s morning already!” I shook him and he turned his body up.

“Hey wake up.”

“Shut your mouth and let me sleep.”

 “Oh no you didn’t.” I was pissed now. I took a step back and breathed deep. “KWON JIYONG YOU BETTER WAKE UP BEFORE I KICK YOUR !!!”

I saw him jolted up and fell down his bed, wincing with pain. I laughed hard and crossed my arms in satisfaction.

“The hell?” He looked at me and I lifted my chin up.

“Go get ready so I can clean up your dump of a room.” I jabbed my thumb to his bathroom, he groaned and walked groggily while muttering curses.

-----

Dara started making the bed. She straightened the blanket and neatly placed them back in place. She fluffed out the pillows and neatly arranged it. She picked dirty clothes off the floor and put it in a basket. The embarrassing memories came back to her but she shook it away with a determine nod and went back to work.

Jiyong was brushing his teeth and he opened the bathroom door slightly to see Dara cleaning up his room, a smile unknowingly crept on his lips. *She’s more like a maid.*

When Dara was finished, she knocked on the bathroom door.

“Hey, I’m going to do the laundry so when you’re finished, you can just go down and eat breakfast.” She walked away but the door yanked open and he grabbed her arm.

“What?”

“Just let the maid do it, you’re cooking for me.” Dara rolled her eyes. *Brat.*

Jiyong led Dara into the kitchen.

“How am I supposed to know where everything is?” Jiyong shrugged, “Beats me.”

“Whatever, I’ll figure it out myself. What do you want?”

“I don’t know, maybe pancakes.” Dara started rummaging the kitchen for flour. But there were so many compartments and drawers; it took her a while to find all the ingredients for pancakes.

“Nevermind, I want something warm and solid. Can you make steak instead?”

Dara frowned and put the flour and eggs away. She looked inside the fridge and with luck, pulled out a tray of beef. “It’ll take a while for the beef to thaw out though.”

“Then don’t cook beef, um” Jiyong tapped his chin thoughtfully over by the table and his eyes brightened. “I want ddubokki.”

Dara gawked at him and went to look for rice cake, red chili pepper paste, sugar, and other ingredients needed for ddubokki. She found everything except for the rice cakes.

 

“We’re out of rice cakes.” “But I want ddubokki. Just run to the market and buy some.” Dara glared at him but put on your shoes and ran to the market anyway. The closest one was about 20 minutes by foot.

“Be back early! I have class in an hour!” Jiyong yelled.

“Jerk!” Dara started to run. When she arrived at the market, she hurriedly looked for rice cake packages. She even rushed the casher, which annoyed the lady who muttered something about “Kids these days, don’t show any respect.” Dara apologized and grabbed the rice cakes and rushed back to the mansion. When she got there, she entered the kitchen only to see Jiyong already finishing his bacon and egg breakfast.

“You took too long.” He shrugged and anger boiled up inside Dara. She breathed in and decided it’s best not to get angry. Dara put the dishes in the dishwasher and arranged them when they were done.

After that, Dara and Jiyong walked to “home” school, but Jiyong had other plans.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“Ditching.” He shrugged nonchalantly and Dara huffed.

“Oh no you’re not.” She grabbed his arm and yanked him with her. Jiyong could’ve easily flung her arm away but he smiled at the skinship and followed her.

During class, Dara took notes vigorously and she wore a smile on her face. It was rare that she gets to learn and she appreciated it, even though she was just there to watch Jiyong. Jiyong kept staring at her instead of at the board, ignoring the teacher’s annoyance with him.

“Are you that happy?”

“Yes” Dara answered without looking at him.

“Young master, can you please pay attention?” Jiyong looked at the teacher. “No”

Dara glared at him and whacked the back of his head. Big Bang’s and the teach’s jaws dropped and their eyes widened at what she just did. “Pay attention, it’s not easy to get an education so you should appreciate it.”

“Dammit! Stop hitting me!”

“Stop being a brat!” they glared at each other and turned the other way.

*Does she like studying that much?* Jiyong glanced back at Dara who was busy taking notes again.

That evening, Chaerin went to pick Dara up from work. Seungri eyes brightened when he saw her and he dashed toward her. She pushed him aside and threw Dara a helmet.

“Get on.” She nodded to the back seat and Dara swung one of her leg on the other side of the motorcycle and slipped her helmet on.

“Wait!” Seungri tried to stop them but Chaerin stepped on the brake and sped off. “Wait-"

-----

“How was your day?” Bom asked.

“Horrible. That jerk tortured me all day. He made me clean his dirty room and purposely ordered a bunch of snacks, making me run all the way to the market again. There were crumbs everywhere and stains all over his couch. I had to wash it by hands since they were “expensive.” Then, I tried to make him study and all he did was play video games. It’s driving me crazy!”

“Glad to know.” Bom said sarcastically and handed Dara her cup noodles.

“But the good thing is I get to go to school.”

“I don’t know why you guys paid for me to go to school.” Minzy pouted.

“Because one of us needs to be smart, and that’s you.” Dara pinched her cheeks and she giggled.

*I really want to go to school though, all of us do.*