Mission: Avoid

Babysitting A Badass Gangster

“So, that’s what happened.” Dara took some tissues and dried up the last of her tears and stained mascara.

“So, what are you going to do?” Chaerin asked.

“Well, there’s a saying, you have to face your fears,” Dara started, “but if you can’t then run away from your problems.”

“Who said that?” Bom raised her brow questioningly.

“Me.” Dara finished and pleaded with her eyes not to probe further.

“Ok, that means we have to cut off all connections with the gang. I’ll break up with Seunghyun then.” Bom pressed speed dial number 4 on her phone. 1 was for Dara, 2 for Chaerin, 3 for Minzy, and 4 for her boyfriend.

“You don’t have to do that, Bom, not for me!” Dara hissed. Bom patted her head. “Honey, I’m only doing it partly for you. I’ve been meaning to break up with this duty-head for a while.”

She said that but Dara knew it was mostly for her, mostly. Chaerin also took the initiative and texted Seungri and went along the line of “I hate you, let’s not ever see each other again you jerk” that for sure will drain the blood of a certain regretful rat.

“I love you guys.” Dara hugged Bom and Chaerin tight when she saw Minzy also texting someone. “Who are you texting, our baby?”

“Um, Daesung oppa. I’m canceling out date tomorrow and said it’s best we don’t see each other for a while.”

“Minzy!” Dara pushed Bom and Chaerin aside and ran to hug her maknae. It’s good to have friends like these.

“You’re going to quit right?”

“Yeah, but not right now. If that Kwon bastard really is the boy from back then, then he would’ve recognized me, which means he’s keeping me by his side for a reason. If I try to quit directly, do you think he’ll let me?”

The rest nodded in understanding. “So I’m just going to avoid him for a while and not come to work. His dad will have to fire me eventually.”

That sounds like a plan, and so mission Avoid Big Bang started.

knock!

“Can I come in?”

“Ah Young unnie!” Dara happily greeted and everyone but her noticed that there were no footsteps just now.

-----

Around the time that the girls sent the text, three angry, let me correct, furious members slammed open the door to Jiyong’s room and startled the lad. He had no idea what was happening but seeing s dared to barge into his personal bedroom, it’s serious.

“What’s wrong?”

“You bastard what did you do to Dara?!” TOP, surprisingly, was the first to wail. He briskly stride to Jiyong and shoved the phone to his face, a voice-mail was playing.

“I’m sorry Seunghyun, but I’m breaking up with you, ciao~”

“You’re dating the nosy woman?! Since when?! And why do you think it’s my fault?”

“She has no reason to break up with me! We were getting along fine! That means you did something to Dara and she’s breaking up with me because of her obligation to her friend, you know girls.”

“Yeah, boss, spill! Minzy is avoiding me too although we had a blast on our date today!” Daesung complained and shoved another phone to his face.

“How about you Seungri? No brightly lit phone shoved to my face in the middle of the night that hurt my eyes?”

“Well, I would, but now that I think about it, Chaerin not wanting to see me again might have been my fault.”

“You dumped her in the middle of your date?! No wonder.” Jiyong eyed the others. “Anything else you have to confess that might lead to the the conclusion that I’M INNOCENT?!”

“Well, she always complained that I’m too much of a duty-head.” TOP moped.

“I’m actually innocent, me and Minzy really did have fun on our date.”

“Well, I’m sure it’s totally not my fault.” He retreated back to trying to get a good night sleep.

Jiyong had thought that it was not his fault, until Dara repeatedly ignored him in class and went out of her way to avoid him before and after school. It’s been going on for a week now.

“Ok, I totally did something wrong.” Jiyong complained and sat cross-legged by the window.

“We knew it!” The Big Bang members complained as they ate their dinner.

“But what?” Jiyong pondered when he saw a shadow that disappeared as soon as he caught sight. But only a mere glance was enough to tell Jiyong who is was, and so he excused himself from the room and headed towards the garden where the shadow disappeared to.

-----

It had been a few days since Dara avoided and avoided Jiyong, but no signs of her being fired anywhere. So that explains why our Dara was now in front of the Kwon’s mansion, clutching a resignation letter to her chest. She took a deep breath and rang the doorbell, Mr. Butler wasn’t there but in his stead, Song.

“What happens to her Mr. Butler?” Dara blurted without thinking.

“Oh, my father’s sick so he’s not coming to work for a while.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean that, I didn’t know he has a daughter, I swear.”

“No problem.” Song smiled and let her in. Dara was about to ask for permission to speak with her real boss who she had never seen before now that she gave it some thought. That is, when she caught sight of Jiyong going into the garden. She excused herself and Song bowed, allowing her to drift off following Jiyong.

Dara quietly, or as quietly as our clumsy Dara could be, snuck and hid behind some bushes and peeked out. The air was caught in her lungs when she saw who he was talking to.

“Ah Young unnie.” She whispered and tried to listen in on their conversation. She couldn’t hear anything though, and she was giving them a benefit of a doubt. That is until Jiyong, her Kwon Jiyong, the guy who took and smash her heart into pieces, decided that is wasn’t enough until the pieces were turned into dust. That must be it, because in front of her eyes, he pulled Ah Young into his arms and squeezed her tight, with her burying her face into his chest.

It was hell.

Dara stood up abruptly and Jiyong, having spotted her, pushed Ah Young away and ran after her. Jiyong pulled Dara by the arm and swung her around, only to see her tear-stained face.

“Let me go, let me go you bastard!” Dara pounded on his chest and Jiyong took all of it.

“What the hell?! Why would I let you go when you’ve come here after avoiding me all week?!” Jiyong pulled her close to him but Dara resisted.

“Don’t say things like that, please, I’m already confused as hell.” Dara continued hitting him.

“Why?”

“I was ok with me not being your type, I was ok with you bullying me all the time.”

“What are you talking about?” Is what she’s trying to say what he had hoped for?

“I was ok with Myra being your first love and the possible chance that you still had feelings for her. I was ok with waiting for you to come around to me. But I’m not ok with the face that you continuously break my heart like this, after Myra it’s Ah Young unnie. And I’m definitely not ok with you being the bastard with the dragon tattoo that killed my parents.”

No, that wasn’t it, this wasn’t right. “But I’m…”

“Despite all that, why am I so stupid to let you have the ability to break my heart? Why is it that through all this, I still love you, Kwon Jiyong?”

Jiyong was happy, but confused, delighted, but the words were stuck in his throat.

“So please,” Dara shoved the resignation to his chest, “please let me go, please break this chain. I don’t want to be hurt by you anymore.”

Dara let the letter dropped to the ground and ran away. Jiyong didn’t even have the strength to hold her back.

“Aw, our poor Jiyong, did you just get rejected?”

“What do you want, Ah Young?”

“What? Is it so wrong to want to see my little brother after all these years.” Ah Young smiled darkly under the pale moonlight.