I'M NOT QUEER

My Jerkie Teukie Lee Teuk

          The rest of the week went by with no problem except for the fact that Joo Chan showed me every chance he got that he didn’t like me. After school was done one day, I did go to Hye Joo and her other friends to the café when she invited me to go. They are all really nice people. All of them talked to me except for one. She was very quiet and I swear she was the lady at the airport. The pale one that I bumped into, I was going to make myself go up to her and ask if she was the girl but thinking about it, it would be kind of weird and awkward of me to do so. I did introduce myself to her though. Her name was Jae In. She said that her parents and them lived in the U.S for a couple years or so for her dad’s job, but returned back to Korea when he found a better job. I also learned that she was my age, just older by a month. Well to tell you the truth, Hye Joo and her other friends are the same age as me. I was the youngest one out of all of them. It use to be Hye Joo but since I came along, it was now me who’s the youngest one. We talked and had very nice girl time. They mostly talked about boys and who they were crushing on. Jae In claims she doesn’t have one but she’s always holding onto her necklace like someone really special gave it to her. I was going to ask her about it when my phone started to ring.

              “Yeoboseyo?”                                                                                            

              “Lillian?” asked an all too familiar voice.

              “Oh, Hi Joo chan. I forgot-”

              “Where are you? I came to pick you up, but you’re not even there.”

              “Oh...I went with some classmates to a café. Sorry, I forgot to call you.”

              “I’m coming to pick you up.” he said annoyed.

              “No, I still want to talk to them.” I said in a hush tone so they don’t hear.

              “My grandma wants us to go eat out as a family and I’m supposed to pick you up.”

              “Okay okay.”

              “You think I really want to pick you up too.”

              “I don’t want to go in the car with you either.” I said back.

              “Just tell me where you’re at.”

              “Well I um…” I looked around the cozy lit café. “It says Hyung’s Café.”

              “Okay then, I’ll be right there. Don’t go anywhere you hear.”

              “Okay daddy. I won’t go anywhere.” I said sarcastically rolling my eyes.

I stuffed the phone back into my bag.

              “Who was that?” Hye Joo asked.

              “Just Mr. Kim’s son.” I said.

All the girls faces lit up. “Is he coming to pick you up?” One of them asked.

I nodded my head reluctantly. They would never let me leave before they embarrass me.

              “You are so lucky being able to live with a guy like him.” Hyo Joo said dreamily. “I heard that he’s suppose to be the hottest man in Korea excluding the celebrities. Oh I‘m so jealous.”

              “You have to introduce us to him Lillian!” another girl said excitedly.

OH CRAP! I thought to myself….this IS going to be embarrassing….I don’t even know what I’m going to say….

              Just then Joo Chan’s car pulled into the front of the store right where we were sitting. He came out of the car and looked right at all of us making them all scream and squeal. It was like those movies where the hot guy arrives in a rich looking car and comes out supper slowly making all the girls faint due to his handsomeness.

              “Lillian you are really going to have to introduce us to him now!” One of the girls said.

              “Uh…well….you see….” I scratched my head trying to think of something….I really didn’t want to introduce them to Joo Chan…it’s not them…but it’s him. He’s just so conceited, I don’t even know if he would want to meet them.

              “It’s okay if you don’t want to introduce us to him. “ Hyo Joo said jokingly. “He’s really handsome….I wouldn’t want my friends to meet him either.”

              My face flushed when she said this. They have it all wrong!!! It’s not that I like him. EWWW!!!! “I don’t like him you guys. He’s so ugh!!! Besides…I’m not interested.”

              “Not interested in what?” I heard his voice.

Everyone in the room squealed like little girls when they were in his presence.

              “It’s nothing that you need to know. Just girls stuff.” I replied.

              One of the girls nudged my elbows signaling for me to introduce them. I dreaded it so much but finally built up enough courage and did it. After they all got acquainted with each other, Joo Chan excused us very gentleman like from the girls. We both got into the car before we said anything to each other. While going to the car, I could feel the girls eyes on us. I have to say that was the most uncomfortable feeling I’ve ever had.

              Joo Chan drove us to a really elegant looking restaurant. There were nicely dressed people outside to greet us and opened the door for us. A very small women also dressed nicely greeted us and led us through a hallway to a private dining area. Mr. and Mrs. KIm was already there as long as Joo Chan’s grandma who looked splendid. I felt so underdressed looking at how they were like. Even Joo Chan was wearing a nice suit.

              “Why didn’t you tell me that I needed to change.” I whispered angrily at him. “I look ridiculous compared to you guys.”

              He gave me a tight smile making sure that no one knew we were kind of arguing with each other. “It’s not my fault is it. I didn’t have the time to go look at your things and pick out something nice okay. It was a late notice for me too.”

              “Yeah yeah what ever.” I said before walking over to them with a smile on my face.

              We both greeted them before sitting down on. Many people came in and served us very expensive looking food. There was lobster tails, shrimp, and a lot of other food that I never dreamt of eating. Mr. Kim and Joo Chan talked about the hotel amongst themselves while the ladies just talked about everyday things. Joo Chan’s grandma asked me how my day was and how I was enjoying my time with them. I answered every questions that she asked me. I almost choked though when she as me if I liked Joo Chan. Mrs. Kim had to pat my back.Not this again I thought to myself. I think that he’s a very rude and inconsiderate person but there was no way I was going to tell the grandma what I thought about her grandson. “I think that… he’s…” I looked at Joo Chan. He was still talking to his dad. He is very handsome…not too bad on the eyes. I turned back to look at his grandma who still waited eagerly for my answer. “ Well, I think that he’s not too bad on the eyes.”

              Joo Chan’s grandma burst out laughing causing for Mr. KIm and Joo Chan to stop what they were talking about. Mrs. Kim and I just looked at her surprised. That was a response that I wasn’t expecting at all.

              “What so funny, Umma?” Mr. Kim asked.

              “Lillian said that Joo Chan was too bad on the eyes.” She explained between tears. “I haven’t heard anyone said that about him before.”

              Mr. Kim smiled at me. I had no choice but to smile confusedly back at him. My face was red. I didn’t even have to turn to see what Joo Chan’s expression was, but his expression wasn’t what I expected. When I turned to look he was actually chuckling. I thought that he was going to glare at him but he didn’t.

              Seeing how uncomfortable she made me, Joo Chan’s grandma asked Mr. Kim about the hotel and how it was going.

              “It’s going fine…..it’s just that I’m just kind of short on maids.”

              “I could help you if you need it Mr. Kim.” I blurted out.

Joo Chan cocked his head my way. “If you think that I would-” he said under his breath just so that only I could hear. He didn’t get to finish was he was going to say though because Mr. Kim replied back. “Lillian, you don’t have to. You’re a guest here.’

              “But I want to.” I said ignoring Joo Chan’s annoying face. He look like he wanted to bludgeon me to death. “It’s the least I could do for your hospitality. I’m really good at cleaning too. Actually, I was only good when I wanted to be clean, my room I mean. Annie complained all the time how my room was so messy with all my art stuff all over the place. (It’s not as bad as Nodame from a Japanese drama Nodama Cantabile though.)

Mr. Kim looked indecisive.

              “I will only work on the days you need help with as a volunteer. My classes don’t take too much of my time. I have nothing to do besides going to class on certain days.”

              “That would be an excellent idea.” Joo Chan’s grandma said.

I nodded agreeing with her.

              “She will be spending a lot of her time with Joo Chan than so they could get to know each other more.”

              I stopped when she said that. I didn’t think about that. Darn it! I turned to Joo Chan who now looked like he really did want to bludgeon me to death. I gave him a fake smile and laughed nervously. I better lock my door tonight.

              “Okay then. Will tomorrow be fine?” Mr. Kim asked. “Joo Chan can take you there and tell you what needs to be done.”

              “Oh I don’t have classes tomorrow so that should-” Just then I remembered I was suppose to meet a friend of mine tomorrow. CRAP!

              “Is there a problem.” Joo Chan asked all too smoothly.

              I looked apologetically at Mr. Kim. “Actually….uh…I forgot to tell you but I have a friend that I planned to meet tomorrow..if that’s okay with you.”

              “What’s his name?”

              “Park Jung Soo. I met him online when I was in junior high and had been talking to him since then.”

              “As long as Joo Chan goes with you.” Joo Chan’s grandma said too quickly.
I really didn’t want to bug Joo Chan knowing how much he must be hating me right now. “I don’t want to bug Joo Chan as much as I probably am. I was going to have one of my girlfrineds take me.”

              Joo Chan’s grandma gasped loudly. “Is that why you said you don’t have a boyfriend.”

              I heard Joo Chan chuckle a little at that question.

              I looked at her confused. “Boyfriend.” Just then my face turned 10 shades of red when I realized what she meant. She thought I was a lesbian. I tried not to laugh but it couldn’t be helped. I wiped the tears from my face and noticed Mr. and Mrs. Kim waiting for me to answer the question. “I’m not queer if that’s what you’re implying grandma. What I meant was a girl who is my friend. “

              All their face relaxed with relief. Joo Chan just had a smile on his face showing his amusement in what just happened.

              “I guess Joo Chan could just take me then.” I said wiping the smug smile from his face.

              “Okay, you may go and meet him then. I would like it if you gave me your schedule so I know when you’re available and not.”

              I nodded but dreaded having Joo Chan taking me. It was going to be marvelous.

____________________________________________________________

I know it feels like Joo Chan is the main character but he really isn't....and as promise, Lee Teuk will be in the next chapter...you'll like it too ^-^ hehehehe

       -Aaliya, smile always =)

 ( )_( )
(='_'=) SMILE FOR THE BUNNY!!!
 (")_(")

Top of Form