So Do you Have One?

My Jerkie Teukie Lee Teuk

                 “Do you a boyfriend?” She asked straight out.

                 I was shocked. Wow! She acts like grandma too. Scary but that’s cool. “Do i...have a boyfriend?”

                 “Yes. So do you?”

                 I looked around the room. Why would she want to know this?

                 “So do you?”

                 “Well. I-ah....” I didn’t know what to say. I don’t plan to tell anyone in this room what I have a boyfriend yet. I mean...why would they care if I have one or not right? “Well...I-ah...uh....”

                 “Umma? Sorry I couldn’t make it here on time. The streets were busy." He walked in, towards Joo Chan’s grandma. He looked like he was tough and ....well like how a father would act like; powerful and high.

                 “It took you long enough to get. I could’ve been dead by now.” Grandma Kim said.

                 “Don’t say that! Last time you said that too." He stopped when he noticed me sitting there. “Wow, son really knows how to pick a girl, Jin Hee.”

                 Not this again! First it’s the lady on the airplane and now it’s his father.

                 “Dad, she’s-“

                 “Don’t tell me that you two are in trouble?” He said looking from me to him. (meaning pregnancy)

                 “Appa, she’s not my girlfriend and no I’m not in trouble" Joo Chan said blushing. "That’s Lillian Lee. Didn’t you know that she was arriving today?” Joo Chan asked.

                 “Lillian?” He looked confused, turning to his wife. Mrs. Kim just looked at him like she was explaining something to him in secret code. “Oh...that’s the girl that umma picked for...”

                Okay...I’m lost here. Am or am I not suppose to be here because now I feel like I shouldn’t be here and it’s not a very good feeling.

                “You look even prettier in person.” He said walking up to me. I stood up setting my sandwich and drink on table lamp. “It’s nice to have finally meet you. I’m Joo Chan’s dad, Mr. Kim.” he said holding out his hand.

                “It’s nice to meet you too. I’m Lillian Lee.” I said shaking his hand. I was a little afraid at first but I managed.

                “I’m sorry if I scared you. I didn’t’ mean to.”

                “It’s okay. You didn’t really scare me.”

                “Joo Chan wasn’t a problem was he?” He whispered.

                 I just laughed and shook my head. “Not at all.” They really do care if he was a problem to me huh?

                 “Hope you like it here.”

                 “I have a feeling I will.” I smiled.

                 They went to their talking and I just sat back down enjoying the sandwich and disappeared into the background. I sat there and just and just look around resting my head on my palm of my hand and started drifting off. I didn’t even know I was asleep until I heard him calling my name.

                 “Lillian, Lillian it’s time to go.”

                 I opened my eyes slowly and saw him staring at me making me shriek. “Yah! Who told you to be that close to me?” I said forgetting that I was at the hospital. I looked around and saw a doctor and a nurse in there as well as Mr. and Mr. Kim and Mr. Ahn along with Joo Chan’s grandma herself.

                 “Sorry. I’ll be taking you home. Mr. Ahn is going to take my mom home later.”

                 “Oh...”

                 I got up and apologized for my action and walked out of the room with Joo Chan. I was rubbing my eye, removing the sleep that built up when I bumped into him who was looking down at me. I look up into his eyes carious. “What?”

                 “What did my grandma say to you?”

                 “What?”

                 “When I wasn’t there?”

                 “Nothing you need to know about.”

                 One of his eyebrows went up. “Tell me.”

                 “No. It’s nothing bad.”

                  He led me to the car and I got into the front seat without thinking.

                 “How long are you going to be here?” he said strapping himself in.

                 “Why? I’m not that bad am I?”

                 “I was just wondering.”

                 “A month at the most. You’re parents are cool you know that.”

                 “They are. But just be sure to stay on my dad’s good side okay.”

                 “Your mom has a lot of patience then huh?”

                 “Yeah.”

                 “Thanks for the warning.” I smiled.

                 He looked at me for a while like he was studying me or something.

                 I wiped my face. “What? Do I have something on my face?”

                 “So do you have a boyfriend?”

                 “Not this again.” I mumbled.

                 “That means you don’t right?”

                 “NO!”

                 “So you do?”

                 “Maybe.”

                 We pulled up into big house, very modern like. I was amazed at what was before me.

                 “Are you sure we’re at the right house?” I asked. “You haven’t really been here for a while probably so I don’t expect you to know.”

                 “Don’t make fun of me. I know where I live. I’ll have one of them come and get your things for you. I’ll show you around the house.”

                 He got out and handed the keys to one of the maids and took me inside. The inside was even more amazing then the outside. There was the comfy, welcoming living room. Right next to it was the dining room; an oak table with six seats around with a beautifully decorated chandelier hanging down in the middle of the table. He took me to the second floor and showed me to my room. The room was much bigger then the one back at home but I still prefer mine. The theme was yellow; one of my favorite colors. There was a big mirror on the right wall. I guess you can say it was kind of not me. It was just a little too lacy and fancy for my taste. Something a girly girl would want.

                “You’re things would be here shortly. Make yourself at home.” He said and walked out, closing the door behind him.

                I let out a sigh. Wow! I’m actually going to be under the same roof with the guy I swear not to meet again. How lucky of me huh? I laid there on the bed,   closed my eyes and just relaxed there. I don’t know how long I was like this until I heard a knock on the door.

                “Can I come in?” I heard a voice from behind the door.

                I walked up to the door and smiled, opening the door. There on the other side was lady about my mom’s age I guess.

                “I hope you like your room. Mrs. Kim fixed it for you herself. I helped a little.”

                “I like it.”

                “That’s good. We’ll if you need anything you can always come to me. I’ll gladly help you okay.”

                “I’ll remember that.”

                “Joo Chan will be up here in a couple more seconds or so. He went to grab your things. He’s such a sweet boy. I saw him grow up from a little infant to a grown young man. You’ll be blessed to marry a man like him.”

               “I’m pretty sure he is.”

               “Well enjoy your stay and make yourself at home.” She said with a smile and headed out.

               Such a nice lady I sigh. She’s probably always happy or she’s happy to see me to just like the rest of them. Joo Chan came into the room and gave me my luggage.

              “I’ll be in the other room. If you need anything, just holler okay.” he said and walked out.

              I got out my clothes and put them neatly into the drawer. I was ready for all weather; snow, rain, cold, and the sun. This is going to be an interesting vacation and I can’t wait for it all to begin as soon...as I ....get...my........sleep. I guess I fell asleep on the bed. All I remember was standing there one second and going towards the bed laying there and closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know some one you are anxious to see some Lillian and Lee Teuk action...I promise that there will definitely be some coming up soon =D...just for a heads up, there is a reason why Joo Chan is mention so much in these few chapter...hehehe ^-^

 

-Aaliya, smile always