Broken Opportunities

My Jerkie Teukie Lee Teuk

     While on the bus ride back to the Suju House, I sat right next to Lee Teuk, learning my lesson from today and especially from last time. It wasn’t long until I fell asleep, exhausted from the day’s event running into those guys again. I head must’ve somehow ended up on his shoulder because when the bus came to a sudden jerk at our stop, I opened my eyes and saw that it was on his shoulder. My first instinct was to move jerk upright but I noticed that it was different. His arm was wrapped around me, as if to keep me close and out of harm’s way. My heart started to beat faster from our close proximity. I felt my cheeks starting to heat up too. He slowly nudged my faking slumber. “We're here,” he gently said.

     I pretended to mumble something inaudible. He laughed to himself and slowly pulled me onto his shoulders and carried me like that all the way home. Thank fully there was a ton of layers of clothes between the two of us because he would’ve been able to feel my heart thumping 100 miles per hour.

     As we entered the house, I slowly peaked and saw the guys with smug smile on their faces, especially that of Young Woon oppa. When tomorrow comes, we’re getting to the bottom of this, I mentally thought to myself. Lee Teuk gentle laid me onto the bed and attempted to take my coat off, but I pretended to be asleep but annoyed. He sighed loudly giving up before just tucking me in and leaving. As soon as he left, my eyes popped open. I patted my chest as if to calm my beating heart. “Calm down Lillian, calm down,” I whispered to myself.

 

 

     As soon as morning came, I got up and went to confront that Oppa of mine.   

 

     “Yah, Young Woon Oppa!” I said barging into the room. “What were you thinking just=”

 

     I stopped as I realized my mistake. Lee Teuk was staring right at me with nothing on, just stepping out from showering, about to put his clothes on. My eyes did not dare to travel anywhere lower than his chest. I screamed, covering my eyes and burst out of the room, closing the door behind me. I hid in my room for a while, trying to compose myself and my embarrassment. When I felt the coast was clear, I slowly opened the door, looking left to right, to see if there were any signs of Lee Teuk anywhere. I quickly darted down the hall and head for the stairs when that Idiot shouted my name. I stopped dead in my track.

 

     I heard his footsteps coming closer and closer to me, me dreading every second.

 

     He stepped in front of me, bent down to my level, making sure to make eye contact with me, smiled and simply said “Coward.”

 

     Angered, I demanded an explanation.

 

     “You are obviously trying to avoid me, after what you just saw, not admitting your mistake of walking into a man’s room without the thought of knocking first.”

 

     “Well excuse me for forgetting that you share a room with Young Woon oppa.”

 

 

     “That or you really wanted to see me…..” he smugly added. “After that kiss at the fountain, I’m not surprised.” He made a kissy face and walked away, down that stairs as if our conversation was over and he had already won. Well, I don’t think so Mr. All High and Mighty. I ran after him and lunged for him, landing on his back as we both tumbled down the stairs, me landing right on top of him. I saw took his arm and bit it while he screamed in pain, trying to get free from me. I didn’t stop until I saw a shadow looming in on the both of us. I stopped and looked up, startled to see who it was. MR. KIM!!!

 

     “What is the explanation for this?” He asked me as Eeteuk and I sat across from him in the living room. Manager Hyun sat next to him as well as Joo Chan. The rest of Super Junior was excused to their room, leaving just the five of us in the living room.

 

     I held my tongue, not saying anything. I have learned in the past with my dad that it is the best this way.

 

     “Have you lost your voice Lillian?” He asked, irritated by my silence.

 

     “Appa, you’re-“ Joo Chan said, trying to calm him down, but Mr. Kim silenced him by raising his hand.

 

     “Stop son. As a future daughter-in-law, she must be disciplined.”

 

     “Appa!” Joo Chan said appaled. “She is no ones-“

 

     “Daughter-in-law?!?” I said. “Who’s going to be your daughter-in-law?”

 

     Joo Chan made a face, pleading his dad not to say anything much further, to not satisfy my curiosity.

 

     “You are to be our future daughter-in-law. You obviously don’t think that you coming here to start with was an accident?” Mr. Kim answered.

 

     I pretended to laugh, shocked by this turn of event. “You’re kidding me right?” I asked looking from Joo Chan to Mr. Kim. Joo Chan avoided my gaze, looking down at his hands.

 

     “Why would I be kidding on a serious topic like this Lillian?” He replied, serious. “You’re parents agreed for you to come live with us for a few months…for you to get to know us.”

 

     “This is all a mistake.” I said. “Joo Chan, you can’t be real?”

 

     “I’m afraid it’s not Lillian. This is why Grandma wanted us to be together-“

 

     “It’s my fault.” Lee Teuk said, interrupting this conversation, anger hardening his face. “I tempted her first, by daring her to bite me.”

 

I looked at him confused, at his action, at his face. He wasn’t going to throw me under the bus and blame me for anything? Is he angry at me, for pulling him into this?

 

     “It’s not Lillian’s fault but my own. I would ask for apology on your behalf. Now I would like to be excused.”

 

     Mr. Hyung nodded, approving it. “Taken like a true leader.”

     I sat there hopless, as he stood up, not saying a word to me and just left me there, all alone in the living room with Mr. Kim, Joo Chan, and Manger Hyung. I watched as he pushed past Super Junior who had been quietly eavsdropping on the conversation by the stairs.

     I looked at Kang In with pleading eyes, but he just shook his head. He can do nothing about this too. My Heart sank. Everything is hopeless. Whenever the opportunity comes for me to tell, something always goes wrong.

     "I suggest you go pack your things. You're parents will be here in a couple days. I'm sure they don't want to know that you have been living with a group of guys." Mr. Kim said. He turned to Manager Hyung and handed him a card. "Here's the initation for Super Junior to join our 20th year celebration of the Hotel."

     Manager Hyung gladly took. Thanking Mr. Kim for the invitation. I got up and started packing my things with Kang In's help. Luckily I didn't have much to pack.

     "What do I do?" I asked him, as I packed my clothes into my suitcase. "He hates me now."

     "I will think of something Lillian, don't worry." He replied, ruffling my hair, as to cheer me up. "Don't worry."

     I gave a weak smile and continued packing. I hope so, Oppa. I hope so.