Mission Adoption

My Jerkie Teukie Lee Teuk

            I left after first semester was over. I already informed the University a while back that I was going to take leave for the second semester. With everything that has been going on, I just couldn’t handle it. Even though I went to class, I felt as if I was just going through the motion not really thinking, not really being me. Seeing Jake and Ashlee together everyday didn’t help. I try to put on a strong face but as soon as they were gone, the tears would come. I just needed a break from everything…part of it was for this reason. The other half which I didn’t tell my parents was that I was going to find my birth parents in Korea. I know that there, you’re not suppose to have contact with your child. I’m not allowed to go and find my birth parents (just made this up =) makes the story more complicated). The adoptions there are always closed adoption. I understood that I might come back not knowing but with the dreams that I’ve been having, the clues in them….I believe I have them for a reason. I was determined to find them. I already asked Jung Su to help me look for an apartment. I remember the Kim’s but I just thought it best not to bother them with it. I know they would be more then willing but I didn’t want to take advantage of their gratitude. Besides, like I said, Jung Su already helped me with a place to stay.

 

 

[FLASHBACK]

 

Jung Su: So you’re coming back to Seoul?

Sung Mi: Yep…I guess it’s kinda for the same reason again. To many things happening. I wanted to get away from it all.

Jung Su: How are you doing?

Sung Mi: I’m better now considering the fact that shortly after getting news that my grandma passed away, I was also             adopted.

Jung Su: Hey, I’m here for you…you know that.

Sung Mi: I know. You’re the best.

Jung Su: So when are you leaving?

Sung Mi: I’m leaving on the 18. I already booked my flight and everything. This time we really have to meet up an you’re going to take me on a tour of Seoul.

Jung Su:  Most definitely.

Sung Mi: Do you think you can do a favor?

Jung Su: Sure, what’s up?

Sung Mi: Do you think you could find me a cheap apartment? I’m planning to stay there for two months.

Jung Su: No problem. I got a lot of connection. Consider it already done.

Sung Mi: Komo-o Jung Su

Jung Su: No problem

Sung Mi: I still can’t believe we made that deal about not sending pictures to each other.

Jung Su: I know. Still don’t know how you look like.

Sung Mi: I look something like this :D lol

Jung Su : lol ha ha.

Jung Su: Well I gtg. Need to go work some more. I’ll e-mail you the address.

Sung Mi: Thanks again….btw, don’t work so hard okay.

Jung Su: :]

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

            Annie dropped me off at the airport once again.

 

            “Remember you Promise me.” I reminded her.

 

She crossed her heart and zipped after promising not to tell my parents where I was.

 

            “I’ll call you when I get there.” I reassured her.

 

            “You better or else.”

 

            I hugged her real tight. “Wish me luck.”

 

            “Lillian Fighting Aza Aza.” she said pumping her fist. I chuckled and copied her. I hugged her once again and headed towards the terminal.

 

            “Jeneun Lillian Sung Mi ipnida. My mission, find my birthparents.” I reminded myself again for the hundredth time.

 

            When I got there Hyo Joo was already there holding a sign to greet me. She waved at me with the biggest smile I couldn’t help it but to smile back.

           

            “I missed you so much.” she said hugging me.

 

            “How are you?” I asked her.

 

            “I’m great…and you? How are you doing?”

 

            “Better now.” I replied with a smile. I’ve been keeping contact after I left Seoul.

 

            “Does Joo Chan know you’re back?” she asked.

 

            “Not yet…but he will soon.” I said.

           

 She smiled. “Good so I can see him more often.”

 

            I nudge her on the head. “Yah, Hyo Joo, you just want to see him huh?

 

            She smiled at me, “No, I miss you more.” We laughed and headed outside into the cold winter air and into a taxi where it was nice and warm. It wasn’t even the start of winter yet, and it’s already this cold!  We went to the apartment place that Jung Su e-mailed to me. It was nice, two bedroom, one bath kind of deal. It wasn’t crappy but it wasn’t too expensive for me either. According to the description, the sofas, and dining table came with the room along with a refrigerator which I thought was rather nice.

 

            Hyo Joo was about to help me grab some of my luggage from the back when her cellphone started ringing.

 

            “Yeobsayo?” she answered, puffs of air coming from . “Moh!  Umma! Dae, yeah, I’ll be there.”

 

            Reading her face, I could sense that something wasn’t right. “What happened?

 

            “My mom, she fell in the kitchen and is being taken to the emergency room.”

 

            “You should go.”

 

            “They don’t live in Seoul soo..”

 

            I smiled and nodded, “Hey, I’m a grown women, I’ll be fine. Besides, I have Joo Chan if I need help remember.”

 

            Hyo Joo smiled and hugged me.

 

            “I hope your umma is okay.”

 

             She nodded and took the taxi. I watched as the taxi went down the road, took a left, and disappeared. I was left alone, standing there with my luggage. I headed inside to talk to the front desk.

 

            “Anyeonhaseyo, I’m checking into my room.” I said, warming up my hands. Those mittens Jung Su knitted me were not very warm.

 

            “What’s your name.”

 

            “Sung Mi.”

 

            I heard the clicking of the key board as she typed it in. “I’m sorry but it looks like someone already checked into the room.”

 

            I looked at her confused. “What do you mean someone already occupies that room.”

 

            “Well, yesterday someone checked into it already. Are you sure you’re Sung Mi?”

 

            I scoffed which didn’t help in the situation. “Could you please check-”

 

            “Lillian?” I turned around and saw Jae In standing there. “What are you doing here?”

 

            “Trying to get my apartment that a friend set up for me but apparently-”

 

            “Why don’t you come up with me.” Jae In suggested. “We can talk.” Before I could even refused, she grabbed my hand and my luggage, and dragged me up the stairs to her room. It was really well furnished, the spaces wasn’t too bad either. She had a little tea set set in the middle of the room on top of a little tea table. I noticed the sofa and refrigerator.

 

            “Did those come with the room?” I asked.

 

            “Yep, it’s really nice.” she replied, “Would you like anything to eat?”

 

            “That would be nice thank you.”

 

            “I don’t have anything other then ramen noodle. Is that fine?”

 

            “It’s fine.” I replied. I took out my laptop. “Do you have wireless?”

 

            “Yep.” she said popping the noodle cups into the microwave.

 

            I just logged onto my hotmail when I suddenly felt the urge to use the bathroom.  “Jae In, could I possibly use the restroom?”

 

            “It’s the first door when you go into the little hallway.”

 

            I did my business and was washing my hand when I heard Jae In screamed. I ran out into the living room to see what happened. I saw Jae In standing there holding the two cups of noodle.

           

            “Mianhe, mianhe.” she said, repeatedly.

 

            I looked at her confused. “What are you apologiz-” I looked down and saw noodles on my laptop.

 

            “I tripped over the rug and the cups slipped out from my hand and…and…I’m sorry. I’ll get you a new one.”

 

            I tried turning it back on but the screen was just black. I tried soaking up all that I could but it didn’t work either. I sighed and sank back onto the sofa.  Today just wasn’t my day.

 

            “Mianhe Lillian.”

 

            “It’s okay, I’ll just have to turn it in for repair. Don’t worry about it.” I lied. THIS . This day has been the worst day ever. I admit, I’m a little mad about the laptop but not enough to yell at her about it….I think I’m just really frustrated with the whole entire situation. First, I won’t be able to do the things that Hyo Joo and I planned to do, then I supposedly don’t have a room anymore and now my laptop is ruined. It had everything in it. Could my luck get possibly even worst?

 

            I slipped the laptop back into my bag so that I wouldn’t have to think about it so much. “So, what have you been up to?” I asked, changing the subject.

 

            “Not much….just the usual, classes, going out…it’s been kind of monotonous.”

 

            “Well since I’m here, maybe we could go out and do crazy things so it’s not so monotonous.” I suggested.

 

            “What would be nice.” she said quietly looking at her wristwatch.

           

            “Well…” I said through a sigh, “I better be off then.”

           

            “Leaving already?” she asked.

 

            I nodded. “Yeah…I need to check into my room….somehow I’m not able to get it.”

 

            “Well, if you don’t have a place to go yet…you can always stay with me…” she said.

 

            I laughed, “Oh no, it’s okay Jae In. I just need to contact my friend. He’ll know what to do.”

 

            Jae In nodded. “Okay….if you need anything, I’m always here.”

           

            I thanked her for her kindness and walked out. I’ll have to call Joo Chan first. Hopefully they don’t mind me spending a day or two at their place. When I called him, he didn’t pick up though-just my luck. I gathered my things and headed out into the cold winter air once again. I spotted and bench near the apartments and plopped down, trying to think of something I could do. I could call Hyo Joo but she’s not in town….Joo Chan didn’t pick up either. As of right now…I don’t have much hope of finding a place to stay for the night. The street became less and less crowded as the night approached. I sat there looking like a bum when I was two guys walking in wearing an oversized coat with sun glasses and a scarf around the mouth. I thought that it was rather strange because of the sun glasses. I don’t remember anyone ever wearing sun glasses in the winter time.

 

            Lillian ignored them, flipping her phone open and closed, trying to figure out what to do and keep warm. Joo Chan was probably still at work so I won’t be able to reach him until after he’s done which was around 8. “What are you going to do Lillian?” I whispered, frustrated. I was so engrossed in my cellphone that I didn’t realize that the two guys had sat on either side of me.

           

            “What is a pretty lady like you doing here?” one of them asked, looking at me over his sunglasses. He more buff than the other one.

           

            “Don’t you know what it’s dangerous for a pretty lady like yourself to be wondering around all alone in a big city like Seoul?” the other one asked. He was wearing a thick blue and white scarf that looked all too familiar.

 

            “Ajushi, I’m not alone. I’m actually waiting for my friend.” I cooly replied.

 

            “Are you now?” he asked. “Where is your friend then?”

 

            “Uh…He’s he’s” I said trying to think of something. I quickly decided to pretend to pick up my phone. “Excuse me.” I said before getting up to “answer” my phone.

 

            “Oppa? Yes, I’m still here. Oh okay the place you got me last time? Okay. See you soon. Love You.” I closed my phone and smiled. I turned around to bid the strangers good-bye. “Ajush-” When I turned around, the one with the familiar scarf was mere inches from my face. I backed up clearing my throat, “It was nice talking to you guys, but I have to go. Oppa is waiting for me.” I took my suit cases by the handle and started walking down the street. At first my pace was normal. I wasn’t too worried but then with I bent down to tie my shoe lace, I heard an abrupt stop of footsteps. OH MY GOSH, THEY’RE FOLLOWING ME!!!” I coolly stood up, trying my best to not panic. I slowly started walking as if I didn’t notice anything and then went into a full sprint which wasn’t the easiest since I had my luggage I had to carry with me too. I continued running down the street, looking every so often behind me to see if they were still there chasing me. I crossed the street and luckily right as I made it, the light turned green so that separated me from the two erts. I reached into my pocket to give Joo Chan a call again, but it wasn’t in there.  I frantically searched my other pockets but my cellphone wasn’t there either.

           

            “Where did..” I said patting my pockets when I heard a crunch. I looked at the curb and sure enough, my phone laid there, crushed into pieces. I was going to go back and grab it but then the street light turned red again, so I made a dash for it. I made a sharp turn to the left, hoping to get away from them. To my luck, it was a dead end. I was going around when I heard running footsteps, so instead I looked for a place to hide. I saw a dumpster near by so crouched down behind it. Carefully and cautiously, I peered out into the street and saw no one. I sat back and sighed in relief. Well, that was before I felt a pair of shoe. I looked up and saw the smaller one standing behind me with a smirk on his face.

 

            “What are we going to do with you?” he teasingly asked, grabbing me by the arm before I could actually get up to run. Since my other arm was still free, I decided to use the little strength I had left, and tried lifting my suitcase to do him harm. Unfortunately, I packed too much clothes so that didn’t really do much. This guy just chuckled, seeing what I attempted to do. “You, my fine lady, need to learn some manners.” He grabbed hold of both of my hands, and hugged me so I wouldn’t be able to free myself. He had a devilish grin on his face as he inched closer and closer to my lips. I arched back, trying to avoid the kiss, until I couldn’t anymore. He was mere inches a way from my lips when his friend cleared his throat.

 

            “Yah, hyung, I think we should let Lillian go now.”

 

            “I was just having fun.” He complained.

 

            I turned to look at his companion in confusion and then to him. “Yah, how do you know my name?”

 

            My captor smiled at me before holding up his sunglasses. “Anyeong.” Lee Teuk said.

 

            “Lee Teuk!!!” My eyes widen in surprise, but relief soon flushed through me. “So that,” I said pointing to the other guy, “must be Kang In.”

 

            “Ding Ding Ding.” Kang In replied before removing his sunglasses.

 

            “What you guys did-” I said, turning to look at Lee Teuk, not realizing that we were still standing there in the same position with his face inches from mine.  We both stood there, just looking at each other in some sort of physical trance for a good moment before hearing Kang In clear his throat. We both snapped out of it, causing Lee Teuk to suddenly let go of me, causing me to fall to the snow covered ground with an umph.

 

            “You could’ve been nice about it.” I said, getting up, brushing the snow from my back.

 

            “I couldn’t hold you up any longer.” He said.

 

            “Hey,” I said, glaring at him. “never mind, there’s not use arguing with a tree.” I walked over to Kang In, dragging my suitcase with me. “What you guys did was not funny. I was really scared.”

 

            “Mianhe, we randomly ran into you. It was hyung’s idea to scare you.” Kang In said, walking over to us.

 

            “What are you guys doing here anyways? Aren’t you scared that people are going to recognize you?” I asked.

 

            “Why do you think we’re dressed like this Pig head.” Lee Teuk replied. “And it’s none of your business as to why we’re here.”

 

            “Okay, okay. Jeez, I was just wondering.” I barked back.

 

            “We were going to meet up with one of hyung’s friends.” Kang In said. “What are you doing back here in Korea?

 

            “I’m…I’m a,” I twiddled my thumb, trying to think of any answer. “I’m here on a business trip.” I lied. Well, technically, I wasn’t really lying.

 

            “How long are you staying here for?” Lee Teuk barged in.

 

            I gave him an annoyed look before replying. “About two months…more or less.”

 

            “Whoa, a business trip for that long.” He said, surprised.

 

            “It’s for…school….”

 

            “Well, where are you heading to right now?” Kang In asked.

 

            “Well, actually-“

 

            “Oh, I gotta go before I’m late.” Lee Teuk said. “We gotta go.”

 

Kang In, looking a little annoyed told him to go first. Being a gentleman, he took my luggage, as we walked back to the main road.

 

            “So why exactly are you here?” he asked me.

 

I was a little taken a back when he asked me this. Did you really know that I was lying to him? “What do you mean?” I asked.

 

            “C’mon. I can read it all over your face. Why are you really here?”

 

I sighed out loud and told him everything; from my grandma, to being adopted, to now not being able to find a place to live in for my stay.

 

            “You’re more than welcome to stay at our place.” He replied.

 

            “I don’t know.” I said. “It’s all full of guys.”

 

            “I promise we don’t bite,” he smiled. “If anyone does, I’ll beat them up for you.”

 

His last remark made me smile. Lowering my pride, I decided why not. I don’t have a place to stay. The Kim’s I’m not even sure are home or not. This is my best choice right now.

 

            We both waited at the bus stop for the bus. I thought it was strange because aren’t they afraid that fans were going to recognize them. I asked him that but he said that they did it all the time. They just need to make sure they had good disguises. That night, I slept in the living room, in blissful sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOUBLE UP DATE FOR TODAY!!! WOOT WOOT.....start is going to start soon so I'm gonna edit as many chapters as  can and post them before school starts....so it won't take as long, I promise =D

@leejinkioppa: I'm glad that you're excited for leeteuklillian action. I'm SUPER excited for them too...so many ideas floating in my head right now. Your comment really means A LOT to me =D

@kyuhyunkiseopkevin: you're too funny. I'm gonna make it my mission to reply back to my readers comments as much as possible. Thanks for reading and supporting. It really helps motivate me to continue on writing =D

     -Aaliya, smile always =)