The Fates

My Jerkie Teukie Lee Teuk

     They both hugged each other, as if they have know each other for a long time, as I stared at them, confused.

 
     “You’re all grown up now.” Dr. Gu exclaimed, examining Kang In.
 
     “It’s what happens.” 
 
I continued staring , looking from Dr. Gu to Kang In and back. Is there something that I’m missing here?
 
     “I didn’t know that you knew Miss. Lillian.” Dr. Gu siad, shaking his head. “It’s like it’s fated.”
 
Kang In nodded his head. “When did you find out?”
 
     “Only when she came and talked to me not too long ago. So does that mean you know too?”
 
     “No, just pieced it all together just now!”
 
Knowing? Piecing it together? I was so confused here. “So does this all mean that you both know each other?” I finally asked.
 
     They both stopped talking, finally remembering that I was also present as well before smiling at me.
 
     “This, is Dr. Gu, as you already know.” Kang In started, putting his arm around Dr. Gu’s shoulders. “He was my pediatrician when I was younger. He is also a close family friend of my late father.”
 
     “Late father?” I repeated.
 
     “Yes, Young Woon’s father was my best friend. The best friend I told you about.”
 
     “My real name is Young Woon.” Kang In explained. “Kang In is just my stage name.”
 
     “Your real name is Young Woon….”I slowly repeated, eyes enlarging with realization. Kang In’s name is Young Woon. His dad was Dr. Gu’s best friend, so that make him….
 
     “You’re my OPPA!?!” I said, pointing to Kang In.
 
     His face lite up like a child opening up their Christmas present. “I’m your Oppa.”
 
My eyes started to pool with tears. Kang In is my Oppa, my real Oppa. This is why I’m so comfortable with him. He’s my real Oppa!
 
     “Young Woon Oppa!” I ran to Kang in and hugged him, tears triquelling down my cheeks. Fate was definitely on my side. “You’re really my Oppa.”
 
***At their Home***
 
     Omma sat across from me and Dr. Gu as she explained to me the whole story, of what happened, why I was given up.
“We loved you so much…too much that we would bear to have you grow up without a father. To struggle and endure hardships. We had to do it,” she said through tears. “I always prayed that oneday the fates would bring my daughter back to me and they finally did.”
 
     “O-omma,” I slowly said, still getting use to saying it, “how was Appa like?”
 
She smiled at me with loving eyes. “You have your Appa’s eyes, determinded and strong willed.
 
     I smile, comforted by this. Kang In laughed before replying, looking past me remembering memories that I would never have. “Appa was a great man. Although he was more serious, he was a great man. He loved taking me fishing to teach me patiences. He had me reade a lot while tempting me to help me learn self discipline.”
Omma laughed remembering this as well. “Through all of it, your father and I never stopped thinking about you. Young Woon was too young at the time to fully understand what was happening but we always remembered you.”
 
     “Komo-o Dr. Gu,” I said, “for bringing me to my family. Komo-o Omma, for the sacarice you did, and Komo-o Oppa for taking me in as you little sister even when you didn’t know.”
 
     Omma and I helped cook for all of us and Dr. Gu left shortly afterwards. We spent the rest of the day talking about my parents and my grandma and what it was that I did. I also got the chance to look through Appa’s things, but most importantly, I got the chance to just meet them and develop a relationship that I thought I never really was going to have.
 
     That night, I slept in Omma’s room with her and Kang In in his. That night I was finally able to sleep in peace, to sleep with no worries, to just enjoy a good nights rest.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So....what did you think.I know this chapter was short but still important in the whole scheme of things. Like before, there is going to be a lot of twist in the last chapters in the fic....kind of dramatic...I know....but in the meant time please COMMENT ^^ Mucho appreciated! AND I CAN NOT FORGET THE NEW SUBSCRIBERS!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR THAT =) MERCI BEAUCOUP =)
 
   ~Aaliya, smile always =)