It Still Hurts

My Jerkie Teukie Lee Teuk

 I APOLOGIZE FOR TAKING FOREVER FOR A NEW UPDATE...WROTE A COUPLE OF CHAPTERS AND RIGHT NOW I'M JUST EDITING THEM...SO I PROMISE THE OTHER UPDATES WILL NOT TAKE THIS LONG =) BUT HAPPY READING...COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED =D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             The October leaves crunched under our feet as we walked across the cemetery lawn to end the ceremony. My dad and uncles were carrying the casket while we sang “Amazing Grace” through tears. My Aunt was next to my mom comforting her. Annie was doing the same for me. When they lowered her down never to be seen again and started throwing dirt on top of the casket, I fell onto my knees refusing to let them do it. I refused to believe that I wasn’t going to see her again.

            “Grandma-ah.” I cried, trying to push the dirt away.

            My dad came over and helped me up, restraining me. “It’s okay Lillian.” he reassured me. “She’s happy now.”

            When she was finally hidden forever, everyone laid a flower over her. I didn’t put my down until people started leaving. Annie and my parents went to wait in the car. I knelt down by her and laid my flower down. “Saranghae.”

            Annie left that Monday after the ceremony. I decided to stay that week and not go back to school yet. Things weren’t quite the same as they use to be. For one, grandma wasn’t there anymore. I tried so hard to forget the fact that I was adopted but I just couldn’t let it go. There was just too much pain just too much. When having dinner, we all tried to have conversations but there wasn’t much to say. It wasn’t until the night I was going to leave that we made progress. It was late I think, and I just got into bed when my mom came in. I scooted over in the bed so that she could lay there next to me too. We both sat up against the head board waiting for some one to say something.

            “Lillian,” my mom said, “ you know I love you.”

            I nodded my head, tears started to sting my eyes, “I know.”

            “When we went to get you,” she started, “you were only an infant, so you probably don’t remember anything. You were so cute and precious. I instantly fell in love with you when I saw you.”

            I hugged her, tears in my eyes. “I love you too, Umma.”

            She hugged me back. I love her hugs, they were always full of warmth and love. “You’re probably wondering about you’re birth parents.” she said “It was a closed adoption so we didn’t get to meet them.” She smiled at me and combed her fingers through my hair, tucking some strands behind my ears. “You’re so special.”

            I smiled back and nodded. “Love you.”

            She hugged me again and tucked me in bed before leaving.

            That night, I had the same dream I’ve always had through the years, the one about my birth parents. I woke up with tears in my eyes. That night I cried myself to sleep.

            My parents bid me farewell was I got ready to head back to school. I arrived at the apartment where Annie and I were living in a little past noon. Figuring she was out eating with some friends, I went to wash up. Afterwards, I went into our bed room. I laughed when I saw the state of our bed room. As always Annie had clothes everywhere, she somehow managed to not mess up my side of the room. I hopped on my laptop and checked my e-mail and played some Tetris online. It wasn’t until I heard keys sliding into the key whole that I stopped. I heard her drop the keys onto the table where she always does.

            “Yah, what did I say about leaving the keys on the table?” I said getting out of the room. I thought I was going to surprise her but it was them that surprised me. Ashlee and Jake was standing in the living room.

            I admit, I thought I was over it…but seeing them there together, holding hands, it was a blow to my heart. What was I suppose to do? I mean, I could hold a grudge and be mad at them and demand them to get out of my apartment, but Annie invited them to come, I just can’t kick them out.

            “Hi guys.” I managed to stay.

            “Hey.” Jake said not being able to look at me.

            Annie popped out of the bathroom. “LILLAIN!!! YOU”RE BACK!!!” She hugged me.

            “Yep, I’m back.”

            “We were just gonna go and grab something to eat.” Annie said, “I had to stop back and grab something.”

            “Oh.”

            “If you’re aren’t busy, you could join us.” Ashlee said with a smile on her face. She pulled Jake closer to her.

            I ignored it and decline, lying that I need to catch up on some school work.

            “I’ll be back soon.” she said and hugged me again. “Sorry.” she softly whispered into my ears. I just smiled at her. When they left the room, I felt a weight being lifted off my chest. Being in the presence of both of them was so much harder than I actually thought it was going to be. I took a deep breathes and went to watch my drama again. It was getting to the good part where the hero is about to admit his love towards the heroin. I was able to finish a couple parts of the episode before I heard Annie come in again.

            “I’m SO SO sorry about that.” she apologized, hugging me once again.

            “I’ll have to face them both sooner or later right?” I said.

            “They both asked me if I wanted to eat lunch with them,” Annie explained, “Ashlee was gonna treat”

            I nudged her head and laughed. “Free meal huh?”

            “You know how I am with free meals.”

 

            That night we ended up talking all night since we had a WHOLE lot to catch up too.. Annie tried not to bring Jake or my grandma up.

            “So you met a Korean group and didn’t even know it?” Annie said shocked.

            I nodded, “Pretty much. One of my co-workers thought I was crazy.”

 

            “Were any of them cute?” she asked, “You have a friend who is so single and definitely ready to mingle.”

            “Why don’t I just show you on the web and you can decide for yourself?” I pulled out my lap top and had her sit on my bed while we Googled Super Junior up. Annie practically squealed when she saw their picture.

            “They are to hawt.” she said pretending to touch everyone of them. “If I were you, dang.”

            “Okay Annie.”

            “So which one is the one that you kept on talking to me about….Lee…E…What’s his name?”

            “Lee Teuk.” I said. “He’s this one.” I pointed to his conceited face.

            “He’s kinda cute.” Annie smiled nudging me in the elbow giving me a face. “Not bad.”

            I just laughed and threw a pillow at her. It was nice being back here with Annie. It was the same….like nothing had changed….Well almost everything.

---------------------------------------------------------

Lillian Lee Teuk Action from here on out...can't wait to get the story moving at a faster pace....i feel like it was kinda dragging. For those that have been reading, thanks a lot. It really means a lot...keeps me motivated to continue on writing....have a new indea in mind too so can't wait to start that one. DON'T FOR GET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE =)

     -Aaliya, smile always =)


 ( )_( )
(='_'=) SMILE FOR THE BUNNY!!!
 (")_(")