Chapter 36

A Game of Four

 

Yuri and Gyuri drove over to where Sooyoung and Tiffany are. Arriving to the place, Sooyoung was surprised to why Gyuri was with Yuri.

“Buddy, what is she doing here?” Sooyoung asked in an irritated tone. Gyuri just looked away.

“I asked her to come with me Soo. Don’t be too hard on her”,

“But Yu…”

“Soo, please. We already talked about this matter. We are all good now”,

Sooyoung just kept on watching Gyuri on every moves she makes. On the other side, Yuri is talking about Tiffany about their friend.

“What do you mean she wants to take over her dad’s company?” Yuri asked.

“I don’t know about it either. Krystal was the one who told me, her tone is not that happy”,

“If she were to take over, will that be a bad thing for her? I mean, it’s their company after all”, Yuri continues.

“I don’t know, but Krystal didn’t agree with Jessica”,

“Well aren’t we going to their place to clear things out?” Gyuri suddenly joined the conversation.

“Hey!”

“Sooyoung if you’re still mad at me we can deal with that later, but right now Jessica is the priority”, Gyuri talks back.

“What the!?”

“Soo”,

Tiffany signals Sooyoung that it was okay. Sooyoung didn’t do anything afterwards. They decided to go to the Jung Residence to confront their friend about her sudden decision. Upon arriving at the front gate of the house, Tiffany was the last one to exit the car causing Yuri to wait for her.

“What’s the matter?” she asked.

“I don’t know how to face Jessi”,

Yuri held her hand causing the latter to be surprised but Yuri smiled back as she drags the latter on the front door. Gyuri was the one who pushed the doorbell. Fortunately, Krystal was the one who open the door and she let the group inside the house.

“Gyuri, what are you doing here? You know these guys?”

“Yup, they’re my friends, oh and over there is my ex”, pointing out to Yuri.

Krystal furrowed her eyes upon looking at Yuri. She looks at the latter from head to toe before diverting her eyes to somewhere else. She asked them to take a seat as their maid prepares something for them. Discussing about the matter, they didn’t notice that Jessica was going down the stairs.

“Oh! Jessica!”

Upon calling Jessica, the others looks at her with unexplained looks on their face. Jessica did just the same. She was about to go back to her room when Yuri suddenly stands from where she was seated and run towards her grabbing her by her arm.

“Aww! Hey!”

Yuri look intensely to her eyes as Jessica tries to avoid it.

“Let go Yuri, you’re hurting me!” Jessica mouthed as she tries to struggle to free her arm.

“You’re hurting all of us!” Yuri shouted back causing the others to be surprised. “You’re hurting…me”, she added but in whisper loud enough to be heard by Jessica alone.

Tiffany furrowed her eyes upon hearing what Yuri said. She knows very well that Yuri’s actions are intended and not by accident. Sooyoung noticed this and grasp Tiffany hand causing the latter to look at her.

“Yeah! You’re hurting us! You’re hurting your bestfriend!” Sooyoung shouted. Jessica looks at her then to Yuri who looks at Sooyoung too then back at her.

“What are you…” Jessica mutters.

“Stop this madness Jessica. This isn’t like you at all”, Yuri continues.

“Sis, let’s talk about this”, Krystal joins them as she looks at Yuri.

Yuri let go of Jessica’s arm as she avoids any eye contact with her sister. She walks down the stairs and join the others.

All six of them remained seated on the sofa as none of them dares to speak. Gyuri, upon feeling a little aloof started to break the ice.

“So…didn’t we go here to sort things out?”

“Y-yeah, she’s right”, Sooyoung agreed.

“Jessica, what do you mean that you’re going to take over your dad’s company? Do you even know anything about business?” Gyuri started.

“Y-yah! Watch your words Gyuri!” Sooyoung stated.

“What? Is it a bad thing to ask? If she knows anything about business that’s good but if it’s the other way around, she must be joking right? If she doesn’t know anything about business, then why do it? Is she digging up her own grave?”

“What? Hey! You can’t talk to Jessi like that!” Tiffany shouted.

“Oh great, now I’m the bad guy here?” Gyuri continues.

“Why you…”

“No. Actually Gyuri’s right”, Krystal stated causing the others to look at her.

“Krys?” Tiffany asked.

“Actually, sis doesn’t know anything about business or anything related to that”, she looks at her sister before continuing, “She even hates lots of paper works herself, she just wants a carefree life. Doing nothing to sum it up all”, she added.

“Then why?” Yuri asked.

Jessica didn’t look at her.

“Because she’s afraid…Yuri”, Krystal trailed off as she looks at Yuri.

“I am not afraid Krystal”,

“Oh she talked, and there I was thinking she was mute”, Gyuri stated.

“Gyuri! What’s the matter with you!?” Tiffany shouted as she stands from where she was seated.

“What? You’re going to slap me now? Or are you going to punch me?” Gyuri said as if challenging her.

Tiffany wasn’t able to said anything back to her, Sooyoung just held her hand tightly as she ask her to return to her seat, Tiffany just bit her lip as she did what Sooyoung asked her.

“Jessica, right?” Gyuri started causing the latter to look at her. “If you aren’t afraid then why make this decision?” she added.

“I asked her the same thing Gyuri, and believe me when I said she doesn’t know the answer either”, Krystal stated.

“Oh? Now that’s surprising. What’s holding you back? Is it like the problem of someone I know?” Gyuri added.

The others look at her with confused looks, Gyuri looks back at them before sighing.

“You guys are so slow, no wonder this situation is so sticky like glue”,

“Gyuri…” Jessica started catching the attention of the latter. “Nothing’s holding me back”, she added.

“Oh? Nothing? I see. Then how about this, is no one holding you back?” Gyuri asked with a trace of a smile on her lips. Jessica was surprised.

“Gyuri, what do you mean by no one?” Sooyoung asked, Gyuri just looks at her before smiling.

“Gyuri, you are saying pretty weird things”, Krystal said crossing her arms and legs.

“Am I? I don’t think I am though”, she just shrugs her shoulder as she lean on the shoulder rest of the sofa.

Another silence took over after Gyuri stopped talking. Just then, a phone started ringing.

“Excuse, that’s mine”, Yuri then excused herself as she walks away while answering her phone.

“What was that? Another meeting call?” Gyuri asked.

“How do you know?” Sooyoung asked a bit shocked.

“Sooyoung, didn’t you forget that I am Yuri’s girlfriend, I mean Ex-Girlfriend. Of course I know”,

“Gyuri…you…”, Sooyoung stares at her.

“What?” Gyuri asked.

“Are you…”,

“Oh come on shikshin what is it?”

“Yah! Don’t call me that!”

“Sooyoung, aren’t you mad at her?” Tiffany started.

“Boo. Why must you destroy the moment Hwang? Really?” Gyuri added.

“Shut up Gyuri, I’m not talking to you”, Tiffany glares at her but Gyuri just laugh it off.

“I see you guys are close friends?” Krystal stated.

“No we are not”, Gyuri and Tiffany said in unison.

“Anyway, what is it you’re going to ask Soo?” Gyuri stated in a serious tone.

“By any chance…do you still…”

“You haven’t change Soo. Still struggling to that cut off words but my answer is yes”,

Sooyoung was surprised by what Gyuri told her causing her to let go of Tiffany’s hand. The other three looks at them with serious gaze.

“What do you mean by that?” Tiffany asked.

Gyuri looked at her then looks away.

“God, this is your fault Sooyoung. Do you really have to ask me that?”

“I just want to know!”

“What she was asking me is that, if I was still in love with Yuri and I said yes”,

Tiffany, Jessica and Krystal were surprised by this especially Jessica. Gyuri then looks at her before smiling.

“But you know, it doesn’t matter anymore”, Gyuri trailed off with a smile on her face.

“What do you mean?” Krsytal asked.

“I mean, yeah I still love her and everything but you know people change as well as their emotions. It won’t stay that long especially if we were to meet new people”,

“Gyuri…you should know that Yuri still loves you right?” Sooyoung added.

Gyuri looks at her. “Really? But she didn’t say anything like that earlier”,

“Wait, you were together earlier?” Krystal asked.

“Yes we are. She wanted to talk about something”,

“What is this something then?” Tiffany added.

“Why you must ask so many questions?” Gyuri sighs.

“Because you keep on answering them”, Jessica mutters.

“Hmm, then will you ask me too, Jessica?”

Gyuri and Jessica stares into each other causing the three to feel kind of distant but this were interrupted when Yuri came back.

“I’m sorry it took so long”,

“Hey baby come here”, Gyuri said as she held Yuri on the arm and pull her.

“Whoa! Gyuri careful, I might trip you know!”

“Oh don’t worry, someone’s going to catch you”,

“Huh? You’re talking weird”, Yuri shoved Gyuri’s hand.

“Am I?”

“So Gyuri…” Jessica started causing the other to look at them.

“Hmm?”

“If I ask you…would you answer me?”

Jessica stares at Gyuri with a serious expression on her face. Gyuri smiled.

“Depends on the question, I guess? By the way, baby who was that?” Gyuri divert her eyes on Yuri.

“Huh? Why’d you call me that? It was dad”,

“Uncle? Why?”

“He said I have a meeting tomorrow with our clients”,

“Oh my poor baby, want me to lend you a hand?”

“Gyuri stop calling me that, it sounds weird”,

“Is it? But you love it when I call you that before you even blush so hard like a tomato”, Gyuri smirked.

“T-that was before! It’s different now!”

“People, aren’t we getting off the topic here?” Tiffany said with an irritated expression on her face.

“Yeah Tiffany’s right. So Jessica, why are you doing this?”

Jessica didn’t answer to Yuri’s question causing the latter to felt a little bit angry.

“Jessi, please. Think about it”, Jessica looks at her pleading friend.

Just then, a middle aged man enters the house causing the others to be surprised.

“Is there an occasion?” the man asked.

“Dad!”

Yuri, Sooyoung and Gyuri were surprised to know that it was their dad. Just then, the man look at Yuri.

“Oh, may I know your name?” he asked Yuri.

“Ah! It’s Kwon Yuri, sir”,

The old man smiled upon hearing the name. Removing his blazer and placing it on his arm, he continues. “No wonder he has the same eyes as you. So you are his daughter, I see”,

“Excuse me?”

“Your father is a close friend of mine, we were best friends during our school days. I didn’t know he has a beautiful daughter”,

“Uncle, it’s daughters”, Jessica added.

“What?” Mr Jung asked a little surprised.

“Yuri has a little sister, her name’s Yoona”,

“I see. Haha, anyway I need to head to my room now. You ladies enjoy your stay”, Mr Jung then left them as he head to his room.

Again, a weird atmosphere is forming as silence took over them once more. Gyuri couldn’t take it anymore.

“God, are you people this dense?”

“Gyuri?” Yuri asked.

“Baby, just ask her straight to the point already! I want to go home!” Gyuri said.

“Huh?!” Yuri was surprised. “What do you mean by that!?” she added.

“Argh! If you won’t then I will”,

“H-huh?!”

“Jessica, do you really want this?” Gyuri asked Jessica.

Jessica wasn’t sure what to answer her.

“Are you really sure this is what you want? A boring life?” she asked again.

“I…”

“Gyuri! You don’t have to ask her like that!” Tiffany stops her. “Jessi it’s okay, don’t force yourself”, she added.

“Tiffany didn’t you want her answer as well? Don’t tell me you don’t”, Gyuri said.

“I do want to know but let her decide! Don’t just force her!”

“Enough”, Jessica started.

“J-Jessi?”

“I’ve had enough of this argument with you guys. I will decide this for myself, I trust you guys are my friends and I was hoping you would support me but I guess you don’t”, she added.

“Of course we won’t, because that isn’t what you truly want now is it?” Yuri stated.

“What are you…”

“It’s okay. We’re just your friends anyway, maybe will learn to support you on this. I just wish you aren’t making the biggest mistake of your life”, Yuri then stand up causing the other to wonder.

“Yul, where are you going?” Sooyoung asked.

“Going home? What do you think?”

“Huh? Already?” Krystal asked.

“Why? Should I stay a little longer?” she asked back, Krystal didn’t answer back. “I mean, we already have our answers right? If she wants to do it so badly, then let her. If that makes her happy, so be it”, she added.

Yuri then walks away from them just then Jessica grabs her by the shoulder causing her to look at her but surprised when she felt a sharp pain across her cheek.

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mehehe, mianhe, it's been so long since i've updated AGOF. -.- 

since i'm so busy with a lot of things and yeah, the storyline got twisted on my head so i wasn't able to update. 

so here's chapter 36 ^^