Chapter 30

A Game of Four

“How could Jessi say those things!” Tiffany growled as she walk inside their apartment soaked. Undressing herself, she fetch some new clothes before entering the bathroom. “Why does she act that way towards Yuri anyway?!” she added as she fell on her knees as she started crying once more.

She stands on her feet as she face the mirror in front of her. Staring at her reflection, she started questioning herself. Did she do something wrong for Jessica to treat her this way? Just then she remembered her past with Jessica.

“Aww, stop crying. Jeshi won’t leave Tiff’s side, okay?”

“Promise?”

“Uhm! I promise”,

“Liar…You promised you’ll never leave my side, but where are you now?” Tiffany then crawled up once more as she stares at the empty space in front of her as she tries to stop herself from crying even more. After some moment, she eventually falls asleep.

 

Yuri was now inside her unit as she slump herself on the sofa as she threw her things on the side of the television set scattering the neatly placed CD’s. Rubbing her temple, she closes her eyes as she rests her exhausted soaked body on the sofa leaving it getting wet as well. She stayed in that position for a while as she thinks of all the things that happened today. Seeing Gyuri tonight didn’t even show up to her mind nor the fight between Tiffany and Jessica. And the most unexpected thing that happened to her tonight is that Sooyoung asked her that question.

Okay, let’s revise my question…are you in love with Jessica

Is she in love with Jessica? Just like what Sooyoung and Tiffany says. Or is she not? Her head hurts even more as her body started heating up causing her head to be dizzy. She walks over her room as her body give up on her causing her to fall hard on her knees. Her tears started flowing outside her eyes as she sit up from where she have fallen, placing a hand on her face as she let her tears escape.

 

Walking on the sidewalks letting the rain pour into her even harder, Sooyoung just keeps on sighing as she remembers what happened earlier between them. She eventually rubs her left arm with her right hand to have some warm on her body under the cold pouring rain.

“Why did Gyuri have to came back anyway!? Yuri’s doing fine already!” Sooyoung gritted her teeth as she looks herself on the mirror of a boutique shop as her reflection. She divert her attention to the road in front of her as she started walking away.

 

Finding herself taking shelter to one of the bus stops near the area, Jessica sighs as she recalls everything. She looks at her hand, the one that slapped Tiffany on the face as she bit her lower lip from guilt. She decided to take a seat on one of the waiting chairs on the bus stop as she waits for the arrival of the carrier.

“Sister?” a voice of the woman calls.

Jessica tilt her head to see who it was that calls her. Her eyes widen upon seeing who it was. “K-Krys?” Jessica stood up.

“Yo sis, what are you doing in here? And why are you soaked?” Kyrstal, her younger sister asked her.

Jessica just looks away as she avoids the question of her sister.

“Okay sis. It’s okay if you don’t tell me but you’ve got to change your clothes now. Your body won’t last long you know that. Come”, Krystal grabs her sister on her arm causing Jessica to step backwards.

“No…Krys, please”,

“You know sis, I don’t know how your best friend handles your attitude but that don’t work on me anymore. You are coming with me this instance!” Krystal pulls her sister next to her as she halt a cab. Jessica didn’t say a word after that.

---

The next day, Tiffany woke up from the bathroom as she slowly lead her exhausted body to the living room of their apartment. Scanning the area, her face suddenly turned gloomy. She didn’t come home. She thought to herself as she rest her body on the bed. Inhaling the remaining scent of her best friend, she started crying once again.

“I shouldn’t have said those things to her last night…I’m so sorry Jess…” she howls as she buried her face on one of the pillows hugging it tight. “Please…come back, Jessi”, she slowly trailed as she started closing her two tired eyelids.

---

“Owow, my head hurts”, Yuri grabs her head as she slowly massage it with her two hands.

Standing from where she was seated a while ago, she heads to her kitchen to grab some drinks to ease the pain on her head, just then her doorbell rang.

“Who is it? What’s the time anyway?” she talks to herself as she walks on the front door. She then opens it.

“S-Soo…”

“I’d figure you’d be here since you didn’t come home last night”,

“Ah…yeah”,

“Can I come in?”

“Oh…sure come on in”, Yuri then close the door behind her.

“Buddy, don’t tell me you slept with your soaked clothes on?” Sooyoung asked as Yuri turn to look at her clothes.

“Aha, sorry…guess I forgot last night”, Yuri smiled. “Just a moment, I’ll go change”, she then added as she excuse herself. 

After some minutes, Yuri emerges on the room with new set of clothes as she sat besidesSooyoung who was now watching some TV shows.

“Feeling any better buddy?”

Yuri was surprised by Sooyoung’s sudden question but she knows exactly what Sooyoung meant by her question.

“I don’t know…” Yuri replied as she blankly stares at the monitor of the TV.

“I see”,

Silence took over them as she they just watch some shows going on.

“Buddy…I have to talk to Gyuri”, Sooyoung immediately turns her head to Yuri.

“Yuri! Come on, why would you do that?!” Sooyoungasked, anger in her tone.

“Soo, please. This is the only way to solve all of this”,

“Yuri, there must be some other wa…”

“There is no other way Soo. I have to do this. It’s for my own good as well. Please”, Yuri insisted as she keeps her eyes focus in front and not to her best friend. Sooyoung could just look at her. She then sigh in defeat.

“Okay. But I’ll go with you”,

Yuri this time, look at her best friend before smiling. “Thanks Soo. You’re the best of the best friend anyone could have”, she said as she hugs her tight.

“Welcome”,

On the other hand at the Jung residence, Jessica is sleeping at her own room but got interrupted when Krystal entered with a tray of food on her hand. She place the tray on the table beside the bed as she tries to wake her sister up.

“Sis, wake up. Time to eat breakfast”, Krystal spoke as she nudge her sister.

“Umm, Tiff 5 more minutes”, Jessica replied as she cover her face with the blanket covering her entire body.

“What? Come on sis, I don’t have all day to wake you up and I’m not Tiffany unnie. Hurry up and wake up”, she nudge her once more as Jessica is starting to stir from her sleep.

“What? Krys?”

“Hurry up sis, I’ve got school and everything so wake up and go eat your breakfast”,

“Okay…I’m awake”, Jessica muttered as she sit up from her bed as Krystal place the tray on Jessica’s lap.

“Careful. I’ll be going now okay? I’ll see you later”, Krystal bid her sister goodbye as she exited the room leaving Jessica alone.

Jessica scans the room as she keeps her poker face on. “So I’m back at this place…again”, she trailed off as she started touching the food in front of her.

---