Chapter 17

A Game of Four

“Gyuri? Who is she Soo?” Tiffany asked Sooyoung. The latter just look at her.

“She’s…Yuri’s…” Sooyoung look back at Yuri before continuing, “past lover”,

Jessica and Tiffany were both surprised as the same time after hearing what Sooyoung told them. The two look at each other before looking back to Yuri whose face can’t quite be read.

“Le…Let’s just not talk about her okay?” Yuri said as she faked her laugh in which the two girls can tell pretty well that she’s faking them. “So Ti-Tiff, what will you bring tomorrow?” she then added.

Tiffany wasn’t quite sure what to answer but she just went with the flow as she avoids this weird atmosphere forming up. Sooyoung on the other hand can’t rest well after hearing this news from Yoona. Jessica, who just seats there quietly, stares at Yuri.

---

“Now that was a nice lunch now was it?” Sooyoung said as she rubs her tummy.

“How can you eat those foods without getting a stomach ache?” Tiffany was surprised as she asked the latter who just grins back.

“I told you before Tiffany, Soo’s stomach is a black hole. There’s no ending”, Yuri jokes as she gets a playful slap at her arm.

“That’s a bad word to use Yul, I’m just so hungry that’s all”, Sooyoung said.

“Okay okay, whatever you say Soo. Anyway, it’s only 3:00. Where do you guys want to go?” Yuri asked the three.

“I don’t know. You Jessi?” Tiffany turned to asked Jessica who was in deep thought. “Jessi?” Tiffany calls out again and this time she nudge the girl.

“Huh?” Jessica then snapped out to her thoughts. “You were saying?” she added.

“Jessi? Are you okay?”

“Huh? Ahh, yeah I’m okay. Sorry for spacing out”, she apologized as she was caught by Yuri’s stares, she then immediately looks away. Yuri then furrowed her eyes as she looks at the weird actions of Jessica.

“I know! Let’s all have a sleep over!” Sooyoung suggested as she gets the attention of the girls.

“Sleep…over?” Tiffany asked.

“Yeah! Sleep over!” Sooyoung said as she clarify things.

“Okay? But…where?” Jessica asked.

“Anywhere! We should stay together until the time of the concert. With that, it will be less hussle for us…you know, the picking up thingy”,

“Okay…but we can’t just stay anywhere. Think of a place in which it will the nearest place to the concert”, Tiffany suggested.

“Well, that is a good idea. Hold on, let me think of a place”,

---

“Hello MOM!”

“Sooyoung dear! It’s been a while sweetie, how are you? Is your bestfriend treating you well?”

“Of course she does, she even bought concert tickets for me and for them!” Sooyoung said as she points out Tiffany and Jessica who politely bow in front of the woman.

“Jessica sweetie, never thought I’ll see you so soon”,

“Me too auntie, how are you?” Jessica bow once more in front of Yuri’s mom.

“By the way mom, this is Tiffany. Hwang Tiffany; Sica’s bestfriend”, Sooyoung said.

“Soo, don’t make so much ruckus on the house. Be reminded that you are at my place?” Yuri said as she remove her sweater.

“Boo you Yul. You no fun”, Sooyoung said as she did a pout.

“Unnie!!!”

“Y-Yoong?! Hey lil’ sis, what’s up?” Yuri said as her sister bump herself to her as she was hug by it tightly.

“Are you okay unnie?! Did you bump into her?!” Yoona asked worriedly as she checks her sister.

“Easy Yoona, she haven’t seen her. You don’t have to worry too much”, Sooyoung said as she pats the latter’s shoulder.

“Sooyoung unnie, I can’t stay relax after hearing the news that she’s back here in Korea”,

“Okay children, let’s not talk about Gyuri for now. You kids should just prepare for tomorrow’s big event”, Yuri’s mom said as she smiles at her daughter before disappearing in the scene leaving the girls.

“Anyway unnie, I’m glad you’re okay. I’m so worried about you”, Yoona said as she hugs her sister once more. “Did you guys already have your dinner?” she added. All of them shook their heads.

“I’ll ask mom to cook some for you guys”, she said as she smiled to the four.

“Yoong, you haven’t finish your banner. What will I do with this?” Seohyun said as she holds up a banner. “Oh! Hello there everyone!” she added as soon as she saw the four standing in front of her.

“Ayo Seobaby! How are you?” Sooyoung said as she hugs the latter.

“Sooyoung unnie! Been a while. I’m great, how about you?” she said as she hug back.

“Great as well. So making a banner eh? Maybe we should make one for ourselves too. What do you guys think?” she then refers to the three who just nods.

---

“Thanks for the dinner Mrs Kwon”, Tiffany politely said.

“You don’t have to be so polite towards me sweetie, you can also call me auntie like Jessica here”, Mrs Kwon said as she smiles back at the latter.

“So mom, where’s dad?” Yuri in as she sips some of her juice.

“Unfortunately sweetie, your dad is as busy as always. He had an urgent meeting this afternoon”,

“Uncle is so busy. Wonder if he still makes time for you and Yoona here”, Sooyoung said.

“Well he does, some of the times. But still he does his role as the head of this house. You know, working and everything”, Mrs Kwon just laughed off the matter as she starts to arrange the dishes, Seohyun and Yoona was helping her.

Yuri, Sooyoung, Jessica and Tiffany went for a walk on the backyard of the house as they kill some time and to digest the food that they consume as they attend to what they do. Yuri then sat near the fountain as she massage her temple before hanging up her head on the bench as she closes her eyes. The three saw this.

“Soo, are you sure she’s be alright?” Jessica asked.

“I don’t know, haven’t seen her after so many years”, Sooyoung answered back.

“What happened with her and that Gyuri girl anyway? Is it something so deep?” Tiffany asked.

“It’s kind of a long story, one night won’t be enough, I think”, Sooyoung counters back as she rub her arm.

“We have all the time tonight Soo”, Jessica said causing the two to look at her. “What? Aren’t we her friends? We should help solve this one”, she then added.

“Sica…are you…”, Sooyoung asked Jessica but soon stops as she receive her coldest glares.

“Sooyoung, don’t joke about something like that!” Tiffany said as she slaps Sooyoung’s arm.

“Tsk, I was just joking Fany”, Sooyoung said as she looks away.

On the other hand, while Yuri was seated on the bench with her eyes close, she thinks of any reason why would Gyuri be back here in Korea. Why is she here? Why now?!

“Yul?”

God damn it! And after all that happened?!

“Yul? Hey”,

I hate this! And I thought I’m…

“Hey Yul!” Jessica shouts as she nudged the girl.

“What!?” Yuri surprisingly shouts at Jessica causing the latter to fall two steps backwards. “Ahh…S-Sica…I’m sorry”, Yuri said as she looks away at the latter before walking away from her.

“Whoa! Never seen Yuri like act like that before. You okay Sica?” Sooyoung asked.

“What’s her problem? And you were just worried about her”, Tiffany said.

“It’s okay guys, it’s my fault”, Jessica said as she reassured the two before following the latter inside the house.

“What? I don’t understand her sometimes”, Sooyoung said.

Jessi?

---

Jessica follows Yuri to her room as she knocks first before twisting the knob of the door then slowly opening it. She was surprised to see the room with its lights off. She then search for the switch but failed to find it. She then hear sobbing from a corner of the room. She switch her phone’s light to search for the lights and as soon as she was about to click it, Yuri forbid her. Jessica then search Yuri with the use of her phone and she finds Yuri beside her bed.

“Yul?”

Jessica calls out as she walks slowly towards the sobbing girl. She then slowly kneeled down and flips the cover covering Yuri’s crying face. She was surprised to see a Yuri who is so fragile that if you would touch her it might break her. Jessica then sat next to Yuri to keep her company.

“You okay?” she asked.

“I’m sorry back there”, Yuri said between her sobs.

“It’s nothing. It’s my fault anyway. How are you feeling?” Jessica asked as she rubs the latter’s back to ease her crying.

“I don’t know”, Yuri answered back as she moves an inch away from Jessica.

“Hey, what’s with the moving away. Do I smell bad or something?”

“No no, it’s just that…” Yuri didn’t continue on what she was about to say.

“What?”

“Nothing. Just forget about it Sica. Sorry for causing you guys so much trouble”,

Jessica just sighed and she can’t believe on how hard headed Yuri was. “Okay, I’ll shut my mouth up if you tell me about this Gyuri”, she said as she looks at Yuri.

“N-no, I can’t tell you”,

“Huh? Why not?”

“I just…”,

“You just what? Come on Yul, don’t cut off your sentences”, Jessica said as she tries to make Yuri face her by grabbing the latter’s shoulder and forcing it to face her. Successfully doing it, Yuri just hung low her crying face. “Aish, why do you have to be so hard headed Yul? And I was here so worried about you! Just tell me everything about Gyuri”, she added.

“You just can’t Sica…it’s hard to explain!” Yuri said her voice is a bit irritated.

“Excuse me? If it’s hard to explain I’ll try to understand it, okay? Just tell me”,

Yuri is becoming irritated towards Jessica who wouldn’t give up with a fight. She just stood up as she can’t face the latter anymore but Jessica captures her arm with her hand.

“You get back on your seat, and tell me everything this instance!” Jessica said as she forcefully drag Yuri down.

“What’s wrong with you?! I already told you I won’t tell you anything about her!” Yuri said with a mad tone.

“Eh?! What the heck!? You don’t have to shout like that you know! I was just worried about you!” Jessica said with the same tone on her voice.

“Well you know what, I don’t care! I don’t need your pity worrying!” Yuri shouted back as she was about to leave her room.

“What?! You hold it right there missy! You won’t go out on this room without telling me all about your ex-girlfriend!” Jessica said as she grabs into Yuri’s arm causing the latter to look back at her with furious eyes.

“You really want to know who this Gyuri is to my life!?”

Yuri said as she did the same to Jessica’s left arm. She then push the latter to the wall as she locked her with her other hand. She look intensely at Jessica as she saw her eyes not blinking. Jessica was doing the same at Yuri.

“Are you challenging me Jung Jessica?” Yuri asked Jessica.

“If that’s how you see what I’m doing then my answer is yes, Kwon Yuri”, Jessica answered back as she gives a winning smirk towards her captor.

Yuri didn’t utter a single word after and just release her tight grip at the latter’s arm. Jessica then immediately rubs the sore feeling on her arm. She hears the deep sigh of Yuri as the latter seat back at her bed holding her legs together.

“Alright, I’ll tell you everything about her but…after the concert”,

“Huh? Why not now? Do it really have to be after the concert?” Jessica asked earning a nod from the latter. “Okay”, she added as she sigh in defeat.

“Hey! You guys okay?” Yoona said as she barge inside Yuri’s room. Together with her is Seohyun, Sooyoung and Tiffany.

“Yeah, we’re good. We are just practicing for our fan chant tomorrow, right Yul?” Jessica said as she face the latter.

“Ah…yeah…fan chant. Are we that loud?” Yuri added.

“If you two were practicing for the chant, then why the close of lights?” Tiffany said as she eyed Yuri then Jessica.

“Huh? Were the lights off?” Jessica asked Yuri.

“Eh? I don’t know. When you came in, you didn’t noticed?” Yuri asked Jessica.

“How should I know?”

The two just shrugs as the four look at them suspiciously especially Tiffany.

“They you are. Girls, would you mind if you share rooms? I haven’t got the time to fix the guest room since you kids didn’t inform me you were having a sleep over tonight”, Mrs Kwon said as she asked the girls.

“We don’t mind auntie, it’ll be fun”, Jessica said as she clings at Yuri causing the four to be surprised.

“You two are really close now are you? Sooyoung, you be careful. Jessica here might still your bestfriend away from you”, Mrs Kwon joked as she taps Sooyoung’s shoulder.

“Auntie, that is not a good joke”, Tiffany pouted causing the old lady to laugh.

“I was just kidding sweetie. Now Yuri, clean up your messy room so you four can fit in. Seohyun will be staying at your sister’s room”, Mrs Kwon said as she bid farewell to the ladies.

“Unnie, don’t make so much loud okay? We still need to wake up early tomorrow. We are going to share a single bathroom”, Yoona reminds her sister as she close the door before heading to her own room with Seohyun.

“You’re sister is becoming more mature than before buddy”, Sooyoung said as she wonders the sudden change in Yoona’s attitude.

“Naa, she’s just like that since Seobaby is with her. She’ll be back to normal after the concert”, Yuri said.

“Anyway, where are we going to sleep? We can’t fit into your small bed”, Sooyoung said as she laid on Yuri’s bed.

“Excuse me?! And if I know my bed is much bigger than yours!” Yuri said.

“Yeah yeah, whatever. Just ready the floor beds. Hurry now”,

“Aish, you crazy woman”, Yuri said as she slids off her arm at Jessica’s grip as she looks for the floor beds before setting them on the floor. “Happy?” she added as she looks at Sooyoung.

“Yeah!”

The girls arranged themselves to their own beds. Yuri taking her own bed, and the three gets to sleep on each floor beds. Yuri then increase the temperature of the air-condition of her room because of the princess’ wish as Sooyoung keeps on munching some chips while they were watching some late night movies.

“We didn’t get to create some cheering materials for Taeyeon tomorrow”, Tiffany said as she type away some keys on her phone.

“It’ll be just fine Tiffany, we’ll do on the spot”, Yuri reassured her.

“But you and Jessi already practiced some fan chants, right?” Tiffany said as she looks at Yuri.

“Ahh, yeah. But it’s not that much”, Yuri said as she tries to change the topic.

“I’m so sleepy, guys let’s sleep now”, Jessica said as she yawns and arrange herself on her bed as she cover herself up with some covers available.

“Yeah, let’s”,

“Night everyone”,

“Night”,

“Yeah, g’night”,

“Oyasumi”,

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

okay that's it for AGOF's marathon update 

hihihi..

so what do you guys think? cool or boring? oh well..

flood me some comments so i would know what to do next, BUT PLEASE...

don't comment with the pairs you want cause i might end this story worse delete it.. hihihi

comments are highly appreciated :))) 

so that's it for today guys..

OH! goodluck to those who will have their first day of school tomorrow :3