Chapter 1

A Game of Four

 

ITALIC = Tiffany’s thoughts

 

“Are you sure this is the right place Tiff?” Jessica asked Tiffany from the back seat.

“I’m sure of it Jess”, Tiffany answered holding up a brochure.

“I don’t think anyone’s here. Don’t you think?”

“I think so too. But it says here that they’re always open except on holidays”,

“Aish. Let’s go find another one”, Jessica then turned her back to Tiffany and head to their car.

“Jess, can’t we wait a little longer? You know, maybe the owner is just out for a while?” Jessica stops on track and look at Tiffany; Tiffany on the other hand was waiting for an answer, “Let’s go Tiffany. I’m not here to waste my time, I’m here to look for a stable job”, Jessica coldly replied as she turned her back once again at Tiffany. The latter didn’t have a choice but to follow the blonde.

“I’m hungry. Let’s go buy something to eat”,

“Where do you want to eat then?”

“Let’s go Starbucks”, Jessica then put her earphones on.

“Didn’t you say you want to eat? Why Starbucks?” The latter didn’t answered back. “Okay. Starbucks it is”,

...

“One Frap Coffee Jelly please. How about you Jess?” Tiffany asked Jessica as the latter was looking for something to eat.

“Frap Mocha, Venti”, the latter answered without looking at Tiffany.

“Miss what size will you have to your Frap Coffee Jelly?” the guy on the counter interject as he waits for Tiffany’s answer.

“Oh I’ll have Venti please, oh and one Frap Mocha also in Venti size”, Tiffany answered back with her infamous eye smile.

“That’ll be 350 Miss. Will you have any additional orders?”

“Hold on. Jess, do you have additional orders?”

“Tuna sandwich”, the latter coldly answered as she seats in one of the couch and throw her phone into the table in front of her.

“Aish this girl. Anyway, one tuna sandwich and one cinnamon swirl”,

“That’ll be 470 all in all Miss”, Tiffany then hand him a 500 bill and the guy immediately give her change back. Tiffany sat in front of Jessica doing the same thing with her phone.

“Jess, why don’t you just go back to...” Tiffany was immediately cut by Jessica’s cold glare.

“Tiffany, if you’re asking me to go back to THAT house, you’re just wasting your time. I don’t have any plans in returning to that place”,

“But Jess, aunt Jung just wants what’s...” again, Tiffany was silence by Jessica’s cold glares. “S-sorry”,

“One frap coffee jelly, one frap mocha with tuna sandwich and cinnamon swirl for Tiffany and Jessica”, the guy at the counter mention their names and Tiffany immediately got up from her seat to get their orders pending on the counter.

“Here you go Miss”,

“Thanks”, Tiffany then returned to their table with their orders in hand.

“Here you go Jess”, the latter didn’t utter a sound as she get hold of her drink and meal.

There was an awkward silence between the two as they munch into their food. Tiffany watches every move Jessica made. From cutting the sandwich with the bread knife until chewing it, Tiffany’s eyes didn’t even blink.

“Stop gawking on me. I’m eating you know”, Jessica said as she took a sip from her drink. Tiffany was left dumbfounded as she realized that she was STARING at Jessica the whole time.

“I-I-I’m not!”

“Okay”,

Again, there was silence.

Jess, you really changed. But why? Is this because what Donghae did to you? Is that it?

“Hey are you finished?”

I wish I could do something for you. But,

“Yah! Tiffany”,

I’m useless... Tiffany returned to her senses after Jessica smack her arm.

“YAH! THAT HURTS!”

“WELL I WOULDN’T DO THAT IF YOU WERE NOT DAYDREAMING!”

“What is it?” Tiffany asked as she rubs her sore arm.

“Let’s go shopping”, Tiffany’s jaw were slightly agape after hearing Jessica mentioned the work ‘shopping’.

“Hold it Jess, do you have...” Jessica looked at her and say, “If it’s money you’re talking about I HAVE MY OWN. So now let’s go, I want to buy a new set of clothes”, once done talking, Jessica immediately walk away leaving Tiffany behind.

At least your hobbies are still with you

---

“Yah! Get back here with my tuna sandwich you pig!” a shouting voice came from the interior of the house.

“HA! Catch me if you can you dog!” another voice could be heard in the house as well.

“SOOYOUNG I’LL KILL YOU WHEN I GOT YOU!”

“CATCH ME IF YOU CAN YURI!” Sooyoung answered back.

“WHY YOU!” Yuri fastened her running in order to catch up with Sooyoung but the latter just keep on dodging ever move Yuri made on her.

“Aish! I give up!” Yuri then slumped herself on the sofa as she breaths for air.

“HAHA, can’t catch me huh? Ooh by the way, you’re tuna sandwich is great”,

“Whatever!”

“I know I know. Why don’t we go shopping?” Sooyoung offered her who just waves her hand.

“Why? Let’s do shopping! I WANNA BUY NEW CLOTHES!”

“THEN BUY YOUR CLOTHES ALONE!” Yuri shouts back.

“I’ll treat you!” Yuri then looked at her with a ‘are you ing kidding me’ look.

“What is this, some kind of peace offering?” Yuri raised her an eyebrow as Sooyoung nod in return.

“Aish. Alright”,

“WOOHOO! I LOVE YOU YUREEE!” Sooyoung gave Yuri warm bear hug before she get ready herself.

If you weren’t my best friend! Yuri thought to herself as she went to her room and get changed.

Fifteen minutes after, Yuri found herself waiting impatiently outside the house for Sooyoung.

“Hey buddy sorry about that! Shall we?”

“Aish. You really are a shikshin are you?” Yuri eyed Sooyoung as she carry a chips on her hands.

“What? I’m a growing girl!”

“What the?! Isn’t your height enough for you?!” Yuri asked.

“NO!” Yuri’s eye widened after hearing the latter’s statement. She just shook her head as she head to the waiting car.

“Yah wait for me!”

“Hurry up!”

“Aish”,

...

“Jess, are we going to look for another job?” she asked the latter as she type away some keys on her phone.

“Maybe I’ll do it next time. I’m no longer in the mood to look for another one”,

                                                            “But Jess we...” Jessica eyed her. “S-sorry”,

“I think I overspend my money this time”,

“You don’t say”,

“What?”

“Oh nothing Jess. Shall we head home then?” Tiffany asked.

“I don’t feel like going home yet. Let’s do some window shopping”, Tiffany had her jaw slightly agape after Jessica’s statement. She then scratch the back of her neck as she sigh in defeat.

As the duo started their window shopping, Tiffany kept on eyeing Jessica from the side of her eyes. As for Jessica, she was oblivious on what’s happening around her as she eye every boutiques they come across with.

THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD

 “OUCH!”

“Aww!”

“Fany!”

“Soo!”