Chapter 16

A Game of Four

 “Sooyoung! You ready?”

“Hold on a second buddy, just doing my hair”, Sooyoung shouts from their room as Yuri waits for her downstairs.

“Okay, hurry up. We just have 30 minutes left until 9:00”,

Yuri then walk outside the house and into her car. She then waits for Sooyoung. Not long after, Sooyoung emerged from the house as she shuts the door lock.

“You ready?” Yuri asked her again.

“I’m kinda nervouse buddy, I’ll see Fany and Sica. What am I going to do?” Sooyoung said.

“Just act like normal Soo, everything’s going to be alright. And besides, you can’t hide forever. Just like I told you last night, we’ve talked about this and they say they’ll try to act like normal too”, Yuri said as she taps her bestfriend’s shoulder before getting in the car.

“I hope so Yul”, Sooyoung said as she gets in the car as well.

Yuri and Sooyoung then drive to where Jessica and Tiffany’s house is. They only took 20 minutes or less to get to the girls’ house. Yuri then parked the car on the side as she gets out of the car.

“Hey, you’re not coming?” Yuri asked Sooyoung who is still sitting on her seat.

“I think I’ll just stay here Yul. You go get them”,

“I thought we talked about this already?”

“I know, but I’m still feeling a little uneasy with all this…I promise I won’t be like this when they are here with us. Just go and get them, we’ll be late”, Sooyoung said as she instruct Yuri to fetch the two from their house.

“What am I going to do with you”, Yuri said as she shooks her head as she walks towards the front door of Jessica and Tiffany’s house.

Yuri ring the doorbell as she heard someone from the inside answered back. The door swung open revealing Tiffany fixing her hair. Yuri was surprised as she blink her eyes a few times.

“Woo~”

“What?” Tiffany said as she was a bit annoyed.

“What’s wrong? Can’t fix your hair?” Yuri asked.

“Duh, can’t you see?” Tiffany said as she walk inside the house followed by Yuri.

“Where’s Sica?”

“She’s upstairs getting her stuffs”, Tiffany said as she tries to fix her supposedly bun hair.

“Here, let me do that for you”, Yuri said as she guided Tiffany to the sofa and let the latter seat. She then did Tiffany’s hair.

“Tiff I’m ready, aren’t those two…?” Jessica said as she was surprised to see Yuri and Tiffany together.

“Yul?”

“Oh Sica! Glad you’re done. How do Tiffany looks?” Yuri said as she show Tiffany’s newly fixed hair.

“It looks…cute”, Jessica said flatly.

“Yah! And that was my masterpiece too! Boo you Sica, let’s go Tiffany”, Yuri said as she grabs Tiffany’s arm and guided her on the front door.

“Okay okay, so much drama Yul…It’s pretty. I like it”, Jessica said as she pinched Yuri’s cheek then Tiffany’s.

“Yah! That hurts!” Yuri and Tiffany both said at the same time. They just look into each other as they both burst into laughter.

Jessica just rolled her eyes as she went outside first. Yuri and Tiffany did the same as Tiffany close the door of the house. They walk towards the car as Yuri sets of the lock.

Jessica entering the car first followed by Yuri then by Tiffany. As soon as everyone is in the car, the atmosphere quickly change.

“Eh…Hi?” Sooyoung said from the front seat as she waves at the two.

Yuri looked at them from the rear view mirror as she sighed.

“Alright, I don’t want some awkward atmosphere people? We already talked about this yesterday didn’t we?” Yuri said as she starts off the engine of the car.

“Yeah yeah, just hit on the gas pedal Yul. I’m kinda hungry”, Jessica said as she lay low on the back seat as she switch her ipod on.

“Alright princess…to the convention we go”,

“Tiff, want to share?” Jessica asked Tiffany as the latter didn’t reject the offer.

Sooyoung just looked at them through the mirror as she holds her feelings in. She just bit her lips.

They took two hours and a half to reach the convention as they find a place to park their car. Yuri got out first followed by the three. They went to the information centre asking for the ticketing booth for the concert. Then they head to the 3rd floor of the building as they find the place they were looking for. Yuri then bought six tickets and fished out her credit card as soon as she saw the bills she was going to pay. Typing away her credit card pin, the three just stood there waiting. After a moment of some chats with the sales clerk, Yuri’s back with the tickets on her hand. She give each to them and kept the remaining three for her, Yoona and Seohyun.

“I’m really…going…to…the…concert!!!” Tiffany squeals as she hugs the ticket tightly.

“She’s so happy”, Yuri said as she puts her hands into her jacket.

“You bet she is, she’s so obsessed with Taeyeon”, Jessica said as she keeps her ticket as well. “Thanks by the way…for this”, Jessica added.

“No problem”, Yuri said as she smiled back.

“So Fany, you like Taeyeon too?” Sooyoung asked Tiffany whose voice is still stuttering.

Tiffany looks at Jessica but she only saw a blank expression and a nod from her. She just sighed.

“Yeah…I like her…I’m so glad I’ll be able to go to her concert…how about you?” She asked back.

“Naa, I’m not fond of her that much but I like her songs”,

“I see…so it’s just me and Yuri who loves her”,

“You guys don’t just love her, you guys are obsessed towards her”, Sooyoung then burst into laughter.

“Yah! What’s so funny about that huh?” Tiffany said as her tone is a bit annoyed.

“Oops, sorry Fany. It’s just that I can now imagine how you and Yuri will be reacting tomorrow at the concert”, Sooyoung said as she wipes off the tears on the side of her eyes.

“Soo, that is not very funny. We aren’t going to be like that tomorrow. Right Tiffany?” Yuri said as she put her arms across Tiffany’s shoulder.

“Yeah, we’ll just be like any other fan. Cheering for her all through the way”, Tiffany said.

“Really Tiff? You can do that?” Jessica butts in.

“Yah Jessi! I thought you were my bestfriend?”

“I am…And I’m only asking if what you’re saying is true or false”,

“Boo you two…you two are no fun!” Yuri said as she stick her tongue out towards Jessica and Sooyoung.

“Yeah! Partypoopers!” Tiffany said as she did the same.

Jessica just looks straight to the two of them as Sooyoung just ignores them and started walking off.

The four are now inside a restaurant just close by the convention as they eat. They are seated opposite to the other. Jessica facing Yuri and Tiffany facing Sooyoung. Then Yuri’s phone started ringing.

“Eh? Who could this be? And I was in the middle of eating too!” Yuri said as she was about to answer her phone.

“Yul, leave that for a second now will you? Finish your food first before answering them”, Sooyoung said as she scoops another of her food.

“Yeah, you’re right. I’ll just put it on silent mode. Really these guys are persistent”, Yuri said as she locks her phone and placed it back to her pocket.

“Who was that supposed to be?” Tiffany asked out of curiosity.

“Naa, just some random people who always call Yuri here”,

“Yeah, Soo’s right. Just some random people”, Yuri answered as she bite into her food.

“What do you mean by random? Are they related to you?” Jessica asked.

Yuri and Sooyoung look at each other before Yuri answered back.

“Just some work related stuffs that’s all. Nothing serious”, Yuri answered as she sip some from her chicken soup.

“Work related?” Tiffany asked.

“Yeah”, Yuri flatly answered.

There was another silence before Sooyoung’s phone started ringing.

“What the? Who could it be?” Sooyoung said as she scans for the caller. “Yul, it’s Yoong”, she added as she forward the phone to Yuri.

“Yoona? Why would she call?” Yuri said as she gets the phone.

“Yoona? What’s wrong?”

Unnie! Bad news!

“Whoa, easy Yoona. No need to shout like that. What’s the bad news?” Yuri said as she looks at her friends.

Gyuri! She’s in Korea! She’s here unnie!

“WHAT!?” Yuri said as she got up from her seat causing the three to be startled.

“Whoa buddy, what’s wrong?” Sooyoung asked.

Yuri just look at her before gulping. She then turns back to the phone.

“I’ll just message you later Yoona, I’m in the middle of our lunch”,

Okay unnie. Just be careful okay? Don’t bump into her.

“I will Yoong, thanks. You be careful too”, Yuri then hang the phone up then gave it back to her bestfriend.

Yuri then seats again as she process everything on her head. Sweat buds are now forming on her forehead as her friends looks at her worriedly.

“Yul? What’s wrong? Did something happen?” Jessica worriedly asked.

Yuri didn’t response as she just looks straight at the table in front of them. She gulped. Her hands are trembling.

“Buddy, hey say something will you?” Sooyoung said.

“Gy…”

“Gy?” Tiffany said.

“Gyu…ri”, Yuri said almost a whisper.

“Gyu? What Yul?” Jessica asked.

“Gyuri…she’s here”, Yuri answered she then turns to look at Sooyoung.

“Gyuri? She’s here?! But I thought she’s in Europe?” Sooyoung said. “When did she arrive?” she added as Yuri just shake her head.

“Gyuri? Who is she Soo?” Tiffany asked Sooyoung. The latter just look at her.

“She’s…Yuri’s…” Sooyoung look back at Yuri before continuing, “past lover”,

 

 

---