Chapter 15

A Game of Four

“J-Jessi?”

Both Yuri and Jessica looked at where the voice was coming and they saw Tiffany going down on the stairs. As soon as Tiffany laid eyes on Yuri, her face suddenly turned gloomy.

“What are you doing in here?” Tiffany asked Yuri.

“I…”

“I ask her to come with me”, Jessica said. Tiffany’s eyes twitch.

“Oh? Really?” Tiffany said as she had a sarcastic tone on her voice.

“Tiff, I want to settle things down”, Jessica said.

“Settle things down? What do you mean Jessi? And Yuri there is included to those things?” Tiffany asked.

Jessica looks at the latter as Yuri did the same thing. Jessica just nod as she and Yuri take a seat opposite to where Tiffany is.

“Alright then, I’ll listen but if this things you’re talking about is nonsense I won’t seat here for another second”, Tiffany said.

The three talked about all the things that had happened on them the past days. Jessica explaining herself as Yuri did the same. Tiffany just listens to whatever words are coming out from the Jessica and Yuri’s mouth. There are things she understands and the others that she didn’t but most of it are understandable.

“But Jessi, I only love you and not Sooyoung! Why can’t you see that?” Tiffany said as she stand up from where she was seated.

“Tiff, I can’t just love you like the way I love Sooyoung! I just don’t see you that way. I’m sorry but I can’t love you the way I love Sooyoung. That’s just too impossible”, Jessica said as she started sobbing.

Yuri just rub the sobbing girl’s back as she can’t say anything. She just sighed for she can’t do anything.

“Why?” Tiffany said, Jessica and Yuri looked at her.

“Why can’t I be the one Jessi? Am I that hard to be loved back?” Tiffany said as she started tearing up too.

Yuri bit her lower lip as she knows where this thing will all fall. Jessica then stared at the crying latter.

“No you’re not…but it’s just that…I can’t love you…I just can’t…”, Jessica said.

Tiffany fell from her knees as she cries her heart out. Yuri can’t do anything as she just stared the two besfriend’s crying over the same reason, love.

“Ahm…guys…I better go”, Yuri said as she tries to stand up.

“No”,

“Eh?”

“Stay”, Jessica said as she holds into Yuri’s arm.

“But Sica I…”,

“I said stay!”

“Ye-Yes!”

Tiffany just stared at the two women in front of her as she furrowed her eyebrows looking straight at Yuri.

“Why does she need to stay?” Tiffany asked Jessica out of curiosity.

Jessica just stared back at Tiffany as she wipes her tears.

“Why? Is my bestfriend not allowed to stay at my house?” Jessica said.

Tiffany’s eyes widen upon hearing the word bestfriend. “But, aren’t I your bestfriend?” She asked Jessica.

“What? I can’t have two bestfriends now?” Jessica replied.

“I didn’t say anything! But still…her?!” Tiffany said as she wiped off her tears.

Jessica didn’t say another word as Tiffany just stood there waiting for a proper answer, on the other hand, Yuri just shuts herself from the two.

“Alright Tiffany, I’m sorry for doing this entire ruckus between you two and also with my bestfriend, Sooyoung. Maybe if you didn’t saw us in the position the other day maybe this whole thing wouldn’t even happen, maybe we’re still friends and talking like nothing happened. But, I can’t just leave Jessica in the state were in she’s so confused with the way she’s feeling. I know that you are her bestfriend but, can she tell her secret to the one that is being admired by the one she admires? I know the construction of my sentence is not making any sense but this is the only way I can say it without getting my tongue twisted. I hope you understand Sica’s part here. I do understand your part too, but we can just say this and that. We have to give way to each party’s part”, Yuri explains as she tries to help Jessica to stand on her feet.

“It is true that my bestfriend is in love with you, you’re in love with your bestfriend and your bestfriend is in love with my bestfriend, I know it’s a confusing love between each bestfriends but what can we do, fate decided this things. Let’s just be thankful I didn’t have the same feelings as you guys did cause if I were, this will turn out not just some mess but a whole new complication”, Yuri added.

Tiffany and Jessica just stares into the floor as they didn’t say a word after Yuri explains everything. Yuri looked at Jessica and Tiffany as she went over to where Tiffany is.

“You know Tiffany, you can hate me all you want but I just don’t like you guys being hurt like this. You guys are still my friends after all I can’t just throw them away just like that. This whole mess can’t make me. I love you guys so, can we just…you know…I really don’t know how to say this but…can we just forget this whole thing for a while?” Yuri said as she looks at Tiffany.

“You know Kwon Yuri…the thing you’re asking is a bit too much. We can’t just forget everything like nothing happens. That’s just impossible”, Tiffany said.

“I know that Tiffany but how are we going to deal with each other if you guys are like this…won’t it be awkward if you guys cross each other’s paths at the same time? You being seen by my bestfriend with Jessica who has a likings towards her?” Yuri said as she persuades Tiffany. Jessica on the other hand just looks at them.

“I don’t know. Let’s just see what will happen if that really happen”, Tiffany said as she looks away from the latter and looks at Jessica.

“Tiff, I think what Yuri’s proposing is not such a bad idea. I know it won’t be easy but we can try. There’s no harm in trying anyway”, Jessica finally say.

“Jessi?”

“Think about it, you being my rival towards Sooyoung. I think it will be a good opportunity to see who’s the best choice for her, don’t you think so?”

“But Jessi, I already told you I don’t feel the same way as Sooyoung feels towards me…” Tiffany says.

“I know I know. What I’m trying to say is that maybe we can just act just like the same the only difference is that we’re rivals…but we’re still bestfriend”,

“Is that even possible?” Tiffany said as her eyebrows furrowed.

“That is possible Tiffany, if you want it to happen though”, Yuri into their conversation.

Tiffany stares at Yuri as she thinks about it. She then looks back at her bestfriend who waits for an answer coming from her. Tiffany just bit her lower lip. She can’t think of anything else.

“I don’t know. I’ll try”,

Yuri just let out a weak smile as she let a soft sigh and looks at Jessica before nodding.

“Another thing Tiffany, I really wanted to tell you something”,

Tiffany stares back again at Yuri.

“What? You’re in love with me too?” Tiffany just gives off a straight face.

“What!? NO! Tiffany this is no time for jokes”, Yuri said as she scratch her head.

“Alright. What is it?”

“Well…” Yuri looks at Jessica then back at Tiffany. “About the concert”, she added.

Surprisingly, Yuri caught Tiffany’s full attention as she waits for her to continue.

“Ahm, I know this is really out of the topic we are discussing about but…just like I said, can we just forget everything and act like nothing happen”, Yuri stops for a while as she examines the latter’s face. “So…would you like to go to the concert with me…Jessica…and Sooyoung?” she added.

Tiffany didn’t answer. She then looks away. Yuri just sighed.

“Alright, I guess I know the answer to that question then…sorry for bringing up the topic I…”

“I didn’t say I didn’t want to…” Tiffany says stopping Yuri with her sentence.

“But…”

“I just don’t have the money to purchase the ticket”, Tiffany says as she looks away while playing with her hair.

Jessica just let out a soft chuckle as Yuri tries not to let out one. Yuri cough as she grab the latter’s back, Jessica and Tiffany were surprised.

“Don’t worry about the ticket, I’ll buy them tomorrow. Besides, I want you to meet my sister as well and her friend. You’re my friend after all”, Yuri smiled.

“Eh? Isn’t the ticket expensive? Sooyoug…well, she told me the VIP costs $ 250?” Tiffany says not sure with her answer.

“Don’t worry about that, I’ll have that cover. For now, let’s just not think of anything else besides the concert which will be a day from now”, Yuri then winked as she stands. “By the way, you two need to face my bestfriend soon. We can’t have this awkwardness last for too long”, Yuri said as she shrugs her shoulder.

“Why so soon Yul?” Jessica asked, her face is a bit worried.

Yuri patted Jessica’s hair as she ruffles them.

“Don’t worry about it Sica, everything’s going to be alright, okay? You too Tiffany, this will all end soon”, Yuri said as she smiles to the two women. “I better go, Sooyoung must be worried sick about me. I’ll tell her everything that we have discussed here so she has some ideas. I hope everything ends well”,

“Thanks Yul…for everything”, Jessica said as she fixes her now messy hair.

“You guys better make up, I miss seeing the sweetness from you two”, Yuri sticks her tongue out as she teased the girls.

“Shut up Yul”,

“Anyway, you two want to join me on buying the tickets tomorrow?” Yuri asked the two.

“Eh?”

“What?” Yuri said.

“Nothing…” Tiffany replied.

“So? You guys in or out?”

“I’m in”, Jessica quickly answered back as Tiffany looks at her as she shrugs.

“Alright…I’m in as well”,

“Great…I’ll pick you guys up tomorrow…to be exact, 9:00. We should be at the booth by 10:30. It closes by 12:00. We can’t be late”,

“Alright. We’ll be ready by then”, Jessica says.

“Okay…that is settled then. I better get going it’s getting pretty late now”, Yuri then opens the front door as she started walking away.

“I’ll walk you out”, Jessica said causing some changes in Tiffany’s expressions.

“But Sica…”

“It’s okay…Tiff, It’ll be just a minute okay?” Jessica said as she looks back at her bestfriend who was quite surprise, she just nod.

“See? So let’s go?”

“Ahh…okay?”

The two then started walking towards the front gate of the house as Jessica opens it for Yuri.

“Thanks”,

“Eh? For what?” Yuri asked as she fished out her car keys.

“For everything…for this…” Jessica said.

“Ahh…That’s nothing. That’s what friends are for right? Doing anything they can for their friends. And besides, seeing you guys like this gives me some stingy feelings here”, Yuri points out to her chest as she smiles.

“Such a drama queen Yul”, Jessica said as she had a straight face.

“You’re no fun Sica…”

“Be careful in driving back home okay?”

“Sure…I will…you guys better make up okay? I don’t want some awkward atmosphere building up by tomorrow”,

“…okay, I’ll try Yul”,

“That’s a good girl”, Yuri then ruffles Jessica’s hair once more. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow then, bye”, she then added as she unlocks her car before going in. She then waved farewell to Jessica before driving away.

Jessica also bids farewell as she sighed. She looks back at the house before walking back inside.

You can do this Jessica. Be a tough girl. This is no time to chicken out.

“Is she…gone?” Tiffany says as she stands by the door.

“Yeah…” Jessica then closes the door before them.

She then went up to their room as she lay down on the bed. Tiffany follows her as she seat on the edge of the bed. No one utters a single word. Then Jessica breaks the ice.

“Yul can be so impossible sometimes, don’t you think?”

“Eh?”

“I mean, she wants us to forget everything that has happened just for the sake of our friendship including the concert. She must be really brave, I envy that bravery of her”, Jessica said as she had her back facing her bestfriend.

“You think so too huh? It’s not easy compare on how she delivers it. Maybe she experienced it once?” Jessica’s attention was caught after that.

“You think so? Then how did she handle it?” Jessica asked as she seat up from the bed.

“Who knows”, Tiffany said as she shrugs her shoulder.

Hold on, aren’t we talking like the usual?

Tiffany looks at Jessica.

Maybe I’m doing it right, thanks to Yul that is.

Jessica looks at Tiffany, too.

“So, what are we going to do tomorrow?” Tiffany asked Jessica.

“Act like nothing happened, let’s just do whatever Yul told us. I think that’s the best way to do for now”, Jessica answered back. “But still…you are my rival…”, Jessica said as she looks at Tiffany. “and also…my bestfriend”, she added.

Tiffany was surprised. She didn’t expect Jessica would say something like that. She just smile as she nods to Jessica, on the other hand, Jessica smiles back as well.

“We better get some sleep…we still have to wake up extra early tomorrow since we promise Yul that we’ll be ready by 9:00”,

“Ahh! Yeah, sure…” Tiffany said.

“We sleep on the same bed as usual…maybe the awkwardness would lessen, right?” Jessica said as she reposition herself as she gives room for Tiffany to sleep in.

“…sure, whatever you say Jessi”, Tiffany said as she let out her eyesmile once again and lay down beside her beloved bestfriend.

They both close their eyes and dream for this whole thing to end up soon.

 

 

---