Chapter 33

A Game of Four

Meanwhile at the Jung residence, Krystal returns to the living room as she starts cleaning up. Just then, her sister is back. Krystal just looks at her sister as Jessica didn’t even laid her eyes on her. Feeling a bit annoyed, Krystal place the things she’s cleaning up on the table as she confronts her sister who was about to go back to her room.

“Hey”,

“Don’t use that tone on me Krystal”,

“Well you know what, I don’t care! Tell me something sis, what’s going on?”

“There’s nothing going on Krys, now would you please let me go back to my room?”

Krystal wasn’t satisfied with her sister’s answer and she wants to know more.

“Jessica…”

Jessica stops on the last step of the stairs as she heard Krystal called out her name. She knew very well that once her sister calls out her name, she means business and this business isn’t very good to her. She turned to face her sister.

“We’ll talk about this Krystal…tonight”,

Krystal just stared at her sister.

“I promise”,

“You better be”,

Krystal then head back to cleaning up the living room as Jessica returns to her room. Shutting the door behind her, she leaned down on it as she slides her body down to the floor. Holding her knees together, she then sighs. What’s wrong with me?  She thought to herself.

Back to where Sooyoung and the others our, Yuri just finished cooking some food for them to consume. Placing the bowl on the center of the table, they began eating.

“I didn’t know that you could cook”, Tiffany says as she chews her food.

“Well I guess now, you know?”

“But didn’t Yuri cook for us before?”

Tiffany thought for a second. “I don’t remember anything”, she then continues to eat her food. “You’ll make a good wife someday Yul”,

“H-huh?”

Sooyoung watches as the two talk like before, without worrying anything. Without thinking something which caused her to smile.

“Don’t smile like that out in the blue, are you crazy?” Tiffany said as both of them eyed Sooyoung.

“What? No! I just remembered the old times”,

“Ah…the old times…” Yuri then fell into silence as Tiffany did the same.

“Sorry to bring that up with you guys”,

“No. It’s okay buddy”,

They continue to eat as the awkward silence eats them up. When Sooyoung and Yuri were almost done with their food, Tiffany stops eating. Yuri saw this and furrowed her eyebrows. She decided to talk to her.

“Ti…Tiffany”,

Tiffany already knew what Yuri was about to ask, and she’s ready to answer them. Before Yuri could even ask her something, she started first.

“I have to talk to you guys”,

“Yeah…you know what I want”, Yuri said while smiling as the latter did the same.

“So, what is it that you want to talk about Tiffany?” Sooyoung asked.

“It’s about…Jessica”,

“Well? What about her?” Sooyoung asked.

Sooyoung and Yuri looked at her at the same time as they looked at each other then back to Tiffany again. At first, Tiffany wasn’t sure if she would continue to tell these to them but she’s having second thoughts since Sooyoung and Yuri are her friend it’s just right for them to know. As Tiffany continues to tell everything about Jessica, Yuri is acting very strangely causing Tiffany to stop talking.

“I have to use the bathroom”, Yuri stands as she excused herself but stops when Sooyoung grabs her wrist.

“Yuri, what’s wrong?”

Yuri didn’t answer back as she eyed Sooyoung then Tiffany. She just bit her lip not uttering a single word. She just sighed as she seats again.

“Yuri…” Tiffany started causing the latter to look at her. “Can you…promise me one thing?” she added as she eyed Yuri.

Yuri gulped. She really doesn’t have any clue on what will Tiffany tell her but she’s having a bad feeling about this; something that she will be dealing with sooner or later.

“Yeah? What is it?” Yuri managed to say without stuttering with her words.

“Promise me…” Tiffany started then she looks away at Yuri as the latter waits for her to continue.

“Promise me you will never fall in love with Jessica”,

---