Chapter 27

A Game of Four

 

“Sooyoung hurry up or we’ll leave you behind!” Taeyeon shouted as the four of them were already outside waiting for her.

“Yah! Hold your horses!” Sooyoung shouted back as she hurriedly run exiting the house. “What’s the matter with you?!” she then added her voice is a bit irritated.

“Hey buddy, you don’t have to be so angry towards Taeng”, Yuri said as she tries to calm Sooyoung down.

“Whatever buddy”, Sooyoung just walk towards the SUV as she close the door behind her.

“What’s wrong with her?” Tiffany asked as she had her arm link with Jessica.

“Naa, don’t mind her Tiffany. She’s just like that whenever I shout at her”, Taeyeon said as she followed Sooyoung to the car and the others as well.

The ride back home was longer than they imagine. Without anyone talking, it sure shows how long their drive is. Taeyeon just let her eyes on the road with Yuri being seated next to her. Sooyoung, Jessica and Tiffany was seated on the back seat.

“You guys okay in there?” Yuri asked as she turns to look at them.

“Yup, want some Yuri?” Tiffany offered her some cookie.

“Oh, thanks Fany”, Yuri gladly accept the cookie as she take her first bite on it. “Hey Sica, something bothering you?” she added causing the other three to look at her.

“Huh? No. Nothing, why’d you ask?” Jessica just looked away from her.

“Ah. Okay, if you said so”, Yuri just shrugs as she turned to face in front.

“Jessi, you okay?” Tiffany asked a little worried.

“Don’t worry Tiff I’m okay. You guys worry too much”, Jessica then pinched Tiffany’s cheek.

Just then a phone started ringing filling up the whole vehicle.

“Ah, that’s my phone”, Taeyeon said as she place piece before answering her call.

Taeyeon took her time as she speaks with the other person on the line as the other remain silent. After some moment, Taeyeon was finally finished with her conversation.

“So who was that?” Yuri asked.

“Ah…it’s my manager, she said I should go back by tomorrow”, Taeyeon replied placing the mouth piece back to its original place.

“Oh? Already?” Sooyoung said.

“Yup, you know I can’t just leave my work like that”,

“Such a busy person”, Yuri stated.

“Not as busy as you Yuri”, Taeyeon countered it as Yuri just smiled back.

Reaching Yuri’s unit, Yuri excuse herself as she received a phone call from her mom.

“It’s unsual when auntie’s calling her”, Sooyoung started.

“I know right. Maybe work calls”, Taeyeon added.

“You mean, Yuri is actually working?” Tiffany asked placing down her bag.

“Why of course. How can she afford to buy this unit worth a fortune. I already told you once, the thing I have can’t even compete to what Yuri has”, Taeyeon just smiled.

“Sorry guys, it took a while”,

“Naa, it’s nothing buddy. Anyway, who was that?”

“Ah. Minho”,

“Oh! Your childhood sweetheart!” right after Sooyoung said it she earned a slap on her shoulder.

“He is not my sweetheart”, Yuri just glared at her.

“Eh? But didn’t he confess to you?”

“He did but I refused”, Yuri just rolled her eyes. “Anyway, enough with me okay?” she then added as she slump herself on the floor bed.

“Going to rest?” Jessica suddenly asked her as she was seated on the sofa.

“Oh yeah, my head’s hurting again you see”,

“You should drink some medicine Yuri”, Tiffany added.

“I’m okay. I’m just a little tired that’s all”,

Yuri then covers herself with her blanket as she leaves the four and went to her dreamland. The four just let her take some rest as they mind their own businesses. The next day, Taeyeon bid farewell as she returns to her agency due to her manager’s request.

“So buddy, what are we supposed to do now?”

“Who knows…wait, Tiffany aren’t you guys going to return at your place?” Yuri asked the two.

“Ah, we were just about to tell that to you guys”, Jessica answered back.

“Want us to drive you back?”

“No need Yul, we can manage”, Jessica politely rejects Yuri’s kind offer as the latter just smiled.

“Whatever you say”,

“So Fany-ah, when are you guys leaving?” Sooyoung asked.

“Maybe later this afternoon”, Tiffany answered back as Sooyoung just nods back.

“How about you guys? No plans in returning to your unit?” Jessica this time asked them.

“We were, but”, Sooyoung stops then she looks at her best friend.

“It’s okay Soo”, Yuri just smiled at her.

“We are. Maybe we’ll return with you guys”,

“Oh…okay?”

That afternoon, they take Yuri’s car as the two drives Tiffany and Jessica back to their own unit. Saying their goodbyes, they drove themselves back to their own unit as well.

It’s been two weeks now after they had their little get together after Taeyeon’s concert. Yoona and Seohyun passed their midterm exams. Yuri brought them to the amusement park for their reward but after that, they weren’t able to spend more time with Yuri ever since her dad ask her to help him with his works. Sooyoung on the other hand, is now at her house together with her parents and siblings. She decided to stay with them for a while since Yuri is doing the same with her family.

On the case of Tiffany and Jessica, Jessica was being forced once more to go back to their house in which she rejects it. She would turned off her phone and place it where she would not see it but checks it from time to time. A week of persuading and her parents gave up. Tiffany however doesn’t have anything regarding her parents but she calls them from time to time. When Tiffany’s birthday came, they arranged a party for her but due to Yuri’s current status on her work she wasn’t able to attend it but she still wish Tiffany a happy birthday by giving her a gift.

One afternoon at Tiffany and Jessica’s place, their telephone suddenly rings as they were both watching some afternoon shows on the living room. Jessica then walks towards it as Tiffany stays, she then asked who it was.

“Hello?”

“Hey”, she heard a familiar voice on the other line.

“Yes? Who is this?” she asked.

“Your secret admirer”, Jessica just smiled as she shook her head.

“Alright, what is it Yul? Hey Tiff, it’s Yuri on the phone”, Tiffany just nods as she keeps her eyes set on the screen.

“Just calling to say hey. How are you guys? Sorry wasn’t able to attend Fany’s birthday. I was loaded”, Yuri then laughs on the line.

“It’s okay. Tiff loves your gift”,

“I’m glad she loves it. It took me a day to pick the perfect gift for her haha! Anyway, is my buddy calling you guys?” she asked.

“Yeah she did, yesterday. She went to talked with Tiff”,

“Oh? Jelly?”

“Ergh, no”, she answered bluntly.

“Oh? How come? I thought you’re in love with her?”

“Maybe I am, but not so. They were just laughing like crazy, I could even hear Sooyoung’s voice”, Jessica answered back as she lean on the wall for support.

“Hmm”,

There was a moment of silence on both lines as they ran out of words to say to each other.

“Ah!”

“Hmm?”

“You guys free this Friday?”

“This Friday? Yes we are, why?”

“Great! Let’s have a dinner then”,

The two talks for a couple more minutes before they hung up on each other. Jessica then told Tiffany everything that they talked about over the phone as Tiffany agrees with the proposed dinner of Yuri.

---

 

 

 

boring... i know... nothing seems to be getting inside my head. ;) just kidding. 

one more update for you guys...