Chapter 37

A Game of Four

 

The girls who are left to the same spot were surprised by Jessica’s action. After grabbing Yuri by the shoulder, she slapped the latter across her cheek causing Yuri to cut her lip. Still processing everything on her mind, she held on the cheek that Jessica just slapped. Jessica glares at her.

“What…”

“You are my best friend! I thought you would support me in this one! I guess you don’t! All I want is for you guys to accept this decision I made not the other way around! Why can’t you just do it?!” Jessica burst out.

Sooyoung stops her from slapping Yuri once again as she held Jessica on the shoulder. The other three followed suit. Yuri was still in shock after that. Just then she chuckles.

“Y-Yuri…you okay?” Gyuri was about to touch Yuri but she was surprised to see her…crying.

The others were surprised as well as it was the first time they saw Yuri act this way.

“Y-Yuri…” Gyuri trailed off. She bit her lip. “I guess will leave”, she added.

“Gyuri?” Sooyoung asked.

“Don’t worry Soo, I’ll look after her. You guys comfort Jessica for a while. Yuri crossed the line there, so I’m going to apologize on her behalf”, she then held Yuri close to her.

“But…”

“Don’t worry Sooyoung I’ve got this”, Gyuri smiled.

“Gyuri…please”,

“You don’t have to ask Sooyoung. I can’t let go of her…not yet”,

Jessica regained her compose self as she looks at Yuri who still holds her cheek. She then see how close the two are causing her to divert her eyes.

“I’ll let you know if Yuri is okay. I’ll stay with Yuri for now”,

Sooyoung nod as the two exited the house, just then Gyuri stops on the doorsteps.

“Jessica…I’m sorry”, she then continues to walk away with Yuri on her embrace leaving the four behind.

As they drove off, Sooyoung let go of Jessica. Krystal then held her.

“Sis?”

“Krys…did I just do something stupid?”

“Jessi?” Tiffany asked.

“Don’t worry Jessica, Yuri was the one at fault. You shouldn’t put all the worry to yourself”, Sooyoung stated.

“But…she was crying”,

“And so do you”, Krystal trailed off as Tiffany and Sooyoung was surprised.

“W-what?” Jessica then wipes her tears but it was no use.

Just then, Mr Jung went downstairs to have a talk with Jessica.

“What’s happening?”

“Ah…it’s nothing uncle”, Tiffany covers.

“I see. Anyway, Jessica will you attend a meeting for me tomorrow? I can’t attend to it since I have a private meeting with Mr Kang tomorrow”,

“M-meeting?”

“Yes, it will just be for an hour or two. You just need to listen to the proposal of the other company and you’re done…wait, what happened to your eyes? Are you crying? And where is Ms Kwon?” Mr Jung asked. Sooyoung explained everything and change some matters.

“I see. Well, I’ll look forward for tomorrow Jessica. Don’t screw this up okay?” Mr Jung then excuses himself once more.

“I have a bad feeling about tomorrow’s meeting”, Krystal stated.

“What do you mean?” Tiffany asked.

“Well, Yuri also has a meeting tomorrow right?”

“Wait, are you saying that…”

“Well, I’m not sure but who knows”, Krystal ended as she looks at Jessica.

“Krystal, I want to rest…” Jessica said shoving her sister’s arms.

“Eh? Sis…”

Jessica didn’t look back as she went upstairs and into her room leaving the three.

“I guess, we’ll take our leave too”,

“I’m sorry about all this”, Krystal said.

“Don’t worry Krys, it’s our fault anyway. We should just support her on this”, Tiffany added.

“Be careful on your way home”,

“We will”, Sooyoung and Tiffany bid farewell to Krystal as they walk away.

Sooyoung and Tiffany didn’t exchange any words to each other as they keep on walking to the bus stop. As soon as they reach the shed, Tiffany curled up her hand making a fist.

“Sooyoung…”

“I know…just let it out”,

Tiffany was surprised on what Sooyoung said to her then Sooyoung looks at her.

“It hurts me to see you hurting Tiffany…and it hurts even more that I can’t do anything to ease that pain your feeling. If you would just give me a chance to prove it, I promise you that you won’t be hurting anymore. Just give me a chance, that’s all I ask”, Sooyoung then pull Tiffany to a deep embrace as she buried her face on the crooked of Tiffany’s neck.

“Sooyoung…I”,

“I know it’s too much to ask from you but…I just can’t bear to see you like this anymore”, Sooyoung held her tightly.

Tiffany wasn’t able to hold her tears anymore as she let it escape her eyes.

“I’m sorry Sooyoung…I’m so sorry!” Tiffany response to the embrace Sooyoung has given her.

Sooyoung gently push her to have a space between them.

“Why are you apologizing? You didn’t do anything wrong Tiffany”, Sooyoung said as she brush away the tears on the latter’s eyes.

“It’s my fault! I don’t know what to answer you! I didn’t know you are hurting this much”, Tiffany continues to shed tears as she covers her face with her hands as it shakes. Sooyoung held them on hers.

“Shh, you didn’t do anything wrong. Tiffany, look at me”,

Tiffany tried to look at Sooyoung who was looking straight at her.

“People tend to do stupid things when they’re in love, right? You are doing the same thing, Jessica too and Yuri as well. We all did, so you don’t have to deal with these all by yourself, okay?”

“But…”

“There you go again, I told you it’s fine. Stop crying, I don’t like to see you crying. Didn’t I tell you already that it hurts to see you like this?” Sooyoung added as she wipes her tears then Tiffany’s.

“I’ll wait for you no matter how long it takes for you to say yes to me. Just don’t say no”, Sooyoung then hugs her one more time but it was short.

“Would you really, even if I keep on hurting you like this?” Tiffany asked her voice trembles.

“I told you before didn’t I?  I’ll wait no matter how long it takes just don’t say no”, Sooyoung smiled as she offers her hand. “Let’s go?” she added.

Tiffany looks at her then to her hand, she slowly approach her hand as she held in on her.

“Thank you”, Tiffany mumbled.

“Anything for you”, 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

 

i'll be doing marathon since the story is almost done! yipee! XDD

btw, i just got my CAP from the 2nd japan tour and it was DAEBAKK! XDD 

alright, so what do you think? SOOFANY and YULSIC as for the moment? HAHAHA