Chapter 11

A Game of Four

 

“Sica?”

Donghae and Jessica turned their head to where the voice is coming just to see Sooyoung carrying some shopping bags on hand.

“Soo-Sooyoung?”

Donghae looked at the two of them. “I better get going, I’ll just asked you out some other time Jessica. See you around”, Donghae just bid farewell as he walks off leaving the two behind.

“Eh? Where’s he going? Is he a friend of yours Sica?”

“Ah…k-kinda”, Sooyoung raised an eyebrow as she looks at the latter with a confuse look.

“Anyway, where’s Fany-ah?” upon hearing Tiffany’s name Jessica’s expression changes.

“Back on the house”,

“Eh? Isn’t she always around you?” Sooyoung just receive a glare from Jessica that results her to shut off.

“Anyway, me and Yuri will be having a barbeque party…so…you like to join us?”

“Eh?”

“Well, technically, we are supposed to invite you guys for an outside picnic but Yuri didn’t agree with me this time so we just decided to have an indoor barbeque party”, Sooyoung smiled as she explains everything.

“I see…okay”,

Screw the nutrients! Barbeque party with Sooyoung will be much better.

“Great!”

“YUREEE! I’m back! And guess who’s with me!”

“Huh? OH! Sica! What are you doing in here?”

“Soo invited me over to have a barbeque party with you guys”, Jessica replied back with a smile on her face.

“Oh, I see. Wait, where’s Fany?” Yuri then asked.

“Yuri…I need to talk with you for a while about…”

“Hey guys! Help me out here will you? I’m kinda having a rough time putting some flame in this charcoal”, Sooyoung shouts from the backyard as Yuri and Jessica look into each other.

“So Sica, what is it that you want to talk about with me huh? Does this have to do something with your bestfriend?” Yuri asked as she started fanning the charcoals to set flame on it.

What the?! Why does she know?

“Ah…well…”,

“Hey what are you guys talking about huh? Why don’t you let me join you?” Sooyoung said as she get in between the two.

“Aish you woman, can you not read a situation?” Yuri said as she pushes her bestfriend away.

“What?! Hey Yuri, don’t tell me you’re hitting on Sica here?!” Sooyoung blurted out as she points her finger to Jessica.

“Eh?”

“WHAT?!”

“Whoa, don’t tell me you do Yuri?” Sooyoung continues to ask the two dumbfounded ladies.

“What?! Of course not, you idiot! Why would you even think that? Sica will not like me a bit you know, right Sica?” Yuri then turned to face Sica whose face can’t quite be read.

“S-Sica?” Yuri then taps Jessica’s shoulder for an answer.

“Eh? What? Ah yes of course not, and besides…I already have someone that I like”, Jessica said as she looks at Sooyoung.

“Eh? But the two of you look good together…like a…”

“Shut it Soo! We already told you we aren’t in that kind of relationship and besides I know who the person Jessica likes! Oops!” Yuri then quickly covers up .

“YURI!” Jessica slaps Yuri’s shoulder.

“WHOA! Yuri you know who!? Hey not fair! Tell me this lucky fella is come on come on!” Sooyoung nudges Yuri as she tries to get the answer from Yuri.

“Ahh… I was just kidding…yeah! I’m just kidding. Haha, Sica here will not tell me who this lucky person is right? I’m not her bestfriend or anything”,

Aish! Curse it Yuri, what the heck did you just say!

Yuri mentally cursed in her mind causing Jessica to scratch the back of her head.

“So Fany-ah knows?!” Sooyoung asked once more.

“Enough with that Soo, let’s eat our barbeque I bet they’re already cooked by this time”, Yuri tries to change the subject as she distracts Sooyoung with her number one weakness, food.

“That was a great treat you guys, thanks a lot”,

“No prob Sica, invite Fany-ah sometimes”, Sooyoung said as she still munch her last barbeque.

Jessica just gave Sooyoung a blank look as Yuri tries to think of another subject.

“Ah! Sica, you’re going to talk about something earlier with me right? You can tell it to me now”,

“Hey! Not fair Yul, I want to hear it too. Don’t do this to me best friend”, Sooyoung once again interrupt the conversation of the two.

“Aish, Soo. You can’t”,

“Why not?” Sooyoung asked as she raised an eyebrow.

“I’ll tell you myself Soo, okay? But some other time, for now it’s Yuri’s turn”, Jessica said.

“Hmm, you two keep a lot of secrets. Fine!” Sooyoung gave up as she sighed.

“We can talk inside our room, in there we have privacy”, Yuri invited Jessica.

“Hey! Why there!?” Sooyoung once again jumped into their conversation.

“What now!?” Yuri said with a tone of irritation.

“It’s okay Sooyoung, we won’t do anything ridiculous inside”, Jessica said while smiling. Sooyoung stares at the two before shaking her head and head to the living room to watch some tv shows.

“Let’s go?”

“Yeah”,

“So what is it?” Yuri starts off.

“You already knew, it’s about Tiffany…she’s been…well acting strange lately”,

“Strange? Why? What is she doing?”

“Well, for starters, she gets on my nerves sometimes”,

“Gets on your nerves…ergh…is she irritating you?”

“No no, not like that…you know that I have a thing for…” Jessica looked at the side and Yuri immediately knew what she meant by that.

“Yeah yeah, I know about that…so?”

“I don’t like it when she’s around her…especially just the two of them”,

This is tough huh. I don’t know what to say to her.

“Does she know?” Yuri asked Jessica.

“Know? About? Oh, no no. She doesn’t know a thing”,

There was a moment of silence before anyone could speak up again.

“There’s another thing Yul”, Jessica looks at Yuri.

“Eh?”

“It concerns you…”

“Eh? Me? Why?”

“I think she’s mad at you…I don’t know”,

I know why she’s mad at me…

“Whenever I mentioned your name, she’s getting mad without reason. I don’t know how to deal with her with that attitude of her. She’s not like this before…before we met the two of you…for as long as I remember”, Jessica said as she crossed her legs.

Yuri bit her lower lip as she looks for an excuse.

“Maybe I did something?”

Oops, wrong move.

“Huh? Well, did you now?”

“Ehh, I don’t know…maybe?”

“Yuri…” Jessica gave Yuri a cold glare.

“Hey hey, I didn’t do anything…I swear…maybe she’s just having a bad day that’s why she’s acting like that…don’t you think?”

“…I don’t know. That is the reason why she’s not with me today, we got into a fight because of you”,

“Ah, I’m sorry Sica”, Yuri sighed as she scratch her head.

“Naa, it’s fine”,

“So what are you going to do now?” Yuri asked Jessica who looks a bit worried.

“I don’t know myself Yul”,

Yuri felt pity to the girl in front of her, and without thinking she hugs the latter.

“Y-Yul?!” Jessica was surprised by Yuri’s sudden action.

“Well, this is all I can do to ease that worried look on your face…I’m not really good in comforting people so this is the only possible way…”, upon hearing this, Jessica felt her worry slowly fading away as she returns the hug of Yuri.

“Jessi?”

The door creaked open revealing a Tiffany with a furious look on her eyes. Jessica wiped her tears away as she remove her arms on Yuri and so as Yuri.

“Tiff…”,

Tiffany hurriedly walk towards the two as they stand on the bed, Tiffany’s hand soon landed into Yuri’s left cheek causing Yuri to bit her lower lip and a drip of blood came out with it.

“Yah! Tiffany! What’s wrong with you!?” Jessica grabs a hold into Tiffany’s hand as she shook it away from Yuri.

“Is this it huh?! Is this what you’re doing behind my back Jessi?! I thought you’re my best friend!” Tiffany said as she tries to land another hand on Yuri. Jessica captures it before it even landed at Yuri.

“What the heck is happening in here?” Sooyoung barged in.

“God damn it Jessi! Why can’t you see!?” Tiffany burst into tears as she tries to get her hand off Jessica.

“What do you mean Tiffany!? And why did you hit Yuri!?” Jessica yelled.

“Are you blind or what?! Can’t you see I’m in love with you!?” Tiffany said as she bit her lips as she cries.

Sooyoung blinked her eyes a few times after hearing what Tiffany says. Yuri just closed her eyes as she hung her head low.

“You what?” Jessica asked.

“I said I’m in love with you god damn it!”

“…”

The room fell into silence. Neither of the four tries to utter a word.

“Why won’t you say anything huh!?” Tiffany said.

“But…I’m in love with…” Jessica gulped.

“With who huh? With Yuri?!”

“No! God, there’s no point it hiding it here now…okay I’m in love with Sooyoung! Are you happy!?” Jessica burst into madness as those words slips through .

“Si-ca?” Sooyoung was double surprised.

“Now you know Sooyoung, that is why I hate it when the two of you went out together!” Jessica’s tears escape her eyes as she looks at the taller girl.

“But Sica…I…I’m sorry but…I’m in love with someone else”, Sooyoung said to Jessica causing the latter to be surprised.

“Wi-with someone else?” Jessica said.

“Yes…and that’s…Fany-ah”,

Jessica and Tiffany’s eyes widen upon hearing what Sooyoung has to say.

“Sooyoung?” Tiffany said as she furrowed her eyebrows.

“I’m sorry Fany-ah, I can’t hide it any longer. Since we all have this thing going on. From the moment I first saw you, I fell inlove with you! You can even asked Yuri here. She’s knows it!” She points out to Yuri causing Jessica to look at Yuri.

“Sica I…” Yuri tries to explain herself.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Jessica asked.

“I…I was in no position to tell it to you or even tell it to Tiffany, because I’m just a nobody…Sica I didn’t mean this whole thing”,

Another hand landed on Yuri’s face, the difference is that it is on the other cheek.

“Traitor! And I thought you were my friend!”

“Sica, let me explain…I…”

“I don’t want to hear anything from you, or from anybody! I’ve had enough of this !” Jessica grabs her things and exited the room.

“Jessi!”

“Fany-ah, where are you going?” Sooyoung asked as she grabs Tiffany’s hand.

“Going after her of course…”,

“Fany-ah…please…stay…”, Sooyoung’s tears escaped her eyes as she beg for the girl to stay.

“I’ll go after her, Tiffany talk with my best friend first and talk with Sica afterwards. I’ll do the same later on…I’m really sorry it turns out this way…I…” Yuri said while she’s not looking at the two. She bit her lower lips causing it to drip blood.

Tiffany didn’t look at the latter as she exited the room as well leaving Tiffany and Sooyoung alone. As soon as Yuri left the room, an awkward silence filled the room as the only thing that can be heard was their breathing.

“So…”

“Ah! Y-yes?” Sooyoung stutters as she looked away from the latter.

“…I didn’t know”,

“…” Sooyoung just kept shut.

“When?” Tiffany asked the latter.

“Eh?”

“When did it start?” Tiffany looked away this time as she continues, “I mean, this love thing with me? Are you sure you’re not kidding about what you said earlier?” Tiffany managed to asked Sooyoung those questions as she keeps her sight away from her.

“Why? Is it bad?” Sooyoung asked back leaving a surprised look at Tiffany.

“I didn’t say it was bad!”

“Then why are you angry?!” Sooyoung shouted back.

“I am not! And can you not shout I’m just beside you!”

Sooyoung bit her lower lip as she furrowed her eyebrows. Tiffany on the other hand is not pleased on what is happening right now. All she wants now is to go after the girl she loves.

“I don’t know…” Sooyoung utters her first words.

“You don’t know?” Tiffany asked.

“I don’t know when it started. Maybe it’s when I first laid my eyes on you…you know”, Sooyoung looked away as she moved inches away from Tiffany.

Tiffany didn’t say a word as she was lost for them.

“I hate to say this but, I don’t like it when you and Sica are getting mushy with each other. I feel uncomfortable”,

Still, Tiffany didn’t say a single word.

“I’ll do whatever it takes Fany-ah…everything, anything just for you to love me back!” Sooyoung said as she managed to look to Tiffany without stuttering with her words.

“What are you…even though it’s out of p…”

“It won’t be out of pity Tiffany!”

Tiffany was surprised by Sooyoung’s sudden outburst. She tries to look straight into Sooyoung’s eyes and all she see is determination; determination on having her.

“But…I can’t…” Tiffany said releasing her hand on Sooyoung’s which was still attached.

“Why? Why can’t you?” Sooyoung asked the latter.

“I…it’s because…Jessi…I love her…” Tiffany said.

Jessica…Why can’t you love me the way you love her?

Sooyoung was lost for words. There was a moment of silence again inside the room as the two remain silent. Tiffany couldn’t take the awkwardness anymore as she was about to stand and leave the room, she was surprised to see Sooyoung doing the same thing but ahead of her.

“Where are you going?” She asked the taller girl.

“I’ll go look for something”, Sooyoung answered back the latter without looking at her.

“Look for something?” Tiffany was clueless, “What is it?” she asked again.

“I’m going to look for that something in which it will help me to have you…me loving you, and you loving me…not out of pity, but out of your free will and that’s your real feelings. I don’t want your love if it will be so easy for me to have. Jessica’s my rival now when it comes to you, but in the regular basis, she’s still my friend. But I’m not sure if everything’s going back to the way it was before this scene. So for now, give me some time, don’t fall into someone else besides my rival, because I’m going to steal you away from her hands and soon, very soon, you’ll be in my loving arm. Remember that, Hwang Tiffany”, Sooyoung said as she was about to twist the knob of the door.

“You should talk with Yuri and Jessica as well, I don’t know. I don’t want our friendship to end up like this. Just because of these sudden confessions we made, all the things happened to us will all go to waste. We have to fix everything since we started all this”, She added but this time, she was looking at Tiffany.

“I…okay…but I cannot promise you anything”, Tiffany said standing on her feet.

“I’m not waiting or asking for any promises, just let me do everything and you do everything as well, may the best lady wins this game”, Sooyoung smiled as she slowly open the door and head outside of it. Tiffany stood there for a moment before moving on her tracks exiting the room as well.

 

 

***

 

 

chapter 11 for you guys... :)))

enjoy the marathon...