Chapter 12

A Game of Four

 

Great! This is just great! I didn’t want things to end up like this! God damn it! Where is she?!

Yuri cursed herself for what has happened to the four of them as she search for Jessica who walks out of their house, crying in pain.

TRAITOR! And I thought you are my friend!

“! If anything happens to her, I won’t forgive myself!” Yuri said to herself as she keeps on walking around the night sky searching for Jessica.

Yuri has been walking around the neighbourhood for an hour or two still searching for Jessica, she was losing it. She’s lost of idea on where Jessica could be, and the thought came into her mind. Could it be? Yuri then head to each bars present in the place hoping that she could find what she’s looking for, and there she was…with a man.

“Jessica, what’s wrong? I thought you didn’t like drinking? Then why drink now?” It was her ex boyfriend, Donghae.

“Shut up! I need this !” Jessica gulped her fourth bottler of whiskey as she as for another one.

“Why? What happened? You can tell me”,

Yuri saw this and immediately walks towards the direction of Donghae and Jessica.

“Sica…”

“Eh?”

“Excuse me? You know Jessica here?” Donghae asked.

“You don’t need to ask…I’m here for her, I’ll take her with me”, Yuri slids her hand into Jessica’s arms as she tries to grab the girl.

“What the is wrong with you!? Leave me alone! Leave us alone! Donghae I don’t like to go!” Jessica said, as she swings her mug as she tries to escape into Yuri’s grasp.

“Aish, Sica come on”, Yuri was stop when Donghae pushes her hand away from Jessica.

“She said that she doesn’t like to go with you, so leave her alone”, Donghae said as he put his arm on top of Jessica’s shoulder. Yuri’s eyes twitch upon his actions.

“Jung Jessica, you’re coming with me whether you like it or not! You could bring that bottle if you wanted. I’ll drag you out of this place if this mean tearing up my image”, Yuri once again grab her and this time her other hand works as well sliding it into Jessica’s waist grabbing her whole body.

“HEY! LET GO OF ME YOU TRAITOR!” Jessica said as she knocks Yuri with her mug causing the whiskey to drip into Yuri’s head down to her face.

“! I’VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS TRASH JESSICA, YOU ARE COMING BACK WITH ME!”

“Hey! Let go of her!” Donghae jumped in.

“Get your bossy out from this mess mister nobody, you don’t know anything so you don’t have the right to tell me whether I’m doing is right or wrong. It’s for us, just the two of us to decide. Let’s go Jessica”, Yuri said as she drags Jessica out of the messy bar leaving a speechless Donghae behind.

Successfully dragging the drunk girl out of the bar, Yuri quickly halt a cab and head into her unit.

“What the are you doing!? Let me go! Stop the car!” Jessica said as she tries to escape into Yuri’s hands.

“Enough Jessica! Do this later, keep going sir”,

Jessica glares at Yuri but the latter just looked back at her.

I’m so sorry, Sica.

Yuri halt the cab as soon as they arrive at a condominium very different from where she was living with her bestfriend Sooyoung. It was her old condominium.

“What do you want huh!? Why bring me here!?” Jessica once again burst out.

“I’m here to talk to you…to fix everything I’ve messed up…we messed up”,

Jessica gives her cold glares as she slaps Yuri’s face for the second time. Yuri just received this withou any objections. She knows to herself that she deserves this. She just broke her friend’s heart with just one single move.

“You think everything will be back to the way it used to be when you talk and explain everything to me huh!? Are you stupid or what!?” Jessica said.

“Okay! I’m stupid! I’m sorry if everything is my fault! I’m sorry if I broke your friendship with Tiffany. I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you anything about this thing I know between you three, I have my stand here, I was in no position, I’m an outcast in your love triangle. I don’t have the right to say anything, because it will only make the matter worse”, Yuri said, her tone is a little frustrated.

“You can just tell me! Aren’t I your friend!?” Jessica said back.

“You are my friend! I’m glad you ARE just my friend! Because if you are more than that, everything is very wrong!” Yuri said it without thinking. Jessica being a little tipsy wasn’t able to understand it thoroughly.

“I don’t care! At least you can do is tell right?! That isn’t so bad!”

Yuri just sighed, she doesn’t know what to say to Jessica anymore. She turned her back to the latter and went to the kitchen. She was then back with a bottle of rum. 

“Let’s just ing drink! Then we’ll do the darn talking!” Yuri placed a shot glass on the table followed by the bottle of rum.

Jessica just stares at her as Yuri instruct her to seat opposite of her.

“Now we do the talking”, Yuri said as she open the bottle and pours an amount on the glass and drinks it.

The two drank for almost two hours and they are close on finishing the entire bottle. Yuri and Jessica are slowly getting each other’s main point in the situation they’re into.

“But still, you could have told me…that would have lessen the pain”, Jessica started tearing up again. Yuri couldn’t do anything.

“I’m so sorry”, Yuri just apologized to her once again for she can’t do anything to ease the girl’s pain.

Jessica tried to stand up but as soon as she was in her toes, her body started wobbling and she sat once again on her seat.

“Hey you okay?!”

Yuri jolted on her seat causing her to trip on the shot glass that was on the ground as the rum spread across the carpet under the table. Yuri found herself on top of Jessica as their faces were centimetre away from each other. The two stares into each other’s eyes as they feel each other’s breath clothed with the stench of the rum they drank. Jessica’s mind is starting to get clouded as the liquor’s effects are slowly taking its part as well. She slowly placed her arms around Yuri’s neck as she pulls her for a kiss. Yuri’s eyes and mind suddenly went clear as she process what’s happening. She immediately pulled away from the kiss but Jessica’s grip is much stronger than her and pulls her again into her side.

What the!? This is so wrong! NO! JESSICA STOP!

“Jessica, ey…stop, this…is…wrong”, Yuri tried to speak as she finds a way to get out of the drank girl’s grip and snap Jessica out of it.

“Just…please”,

 Jessica pulls away as she said those words. She was crying hard. Her eyes are puffed with all the crying she made. Her hands tremble as she kept it into Yuri’s shoulder. The taller girl just stares into her broken friend as she can’t do anything.

“Okay…” Yuri muttered

“But not this way Sica. What we are doing is wrong, terribly wrong”, she added as she held into Jessica’s hands.

“What!? Am I not beautiful to you!?” Jessica shoved Yuri’s hands away from her as she glares at her.

“I didn’t mean it that way. We are drank, okay? Do you get what I’m saying?”

“I…do”,

“We are drank, and things might happened if we let the liquor take advantage of us, so let’s just sleep and hope for this to end tomorrow. Okay?” Yuri let a sly smile as she offer Jessica a hand.

“Okay”,

Yuri is now at ease to see a calm Jessica once again. She guided the drank Jessica into her room as she position her on the bed so she can rest her tired body.

“Where are you going?” Jessica asked as she started rubbing her eyes.

“I’m going to sleep outside”,

“You can sleep here too”, Jessica reposition herself on the other side of the bed so Yuri can take the other side of it. The latter just smiled as she close the door once again and head to the bed where Jessica is now sounded asleep.

A lot has happened today. First, those sudden confessions, then the drinking session, then the, kiss.

Kiss…great. Jessica and I kissed. Just great!

Yuri’s mind was full of that thought that she just looked on the other side of the bed and shut her eyes off as she tries to enter her dreamland without the interruption of that thought.

The next day at Yuri’s place, the sun has risen as its rays illuminate inside the cold silent room where the two girls are sound asleep. Yuri’s phone started ringing but this didn’t budge the two from their slumber. Another hour has passed and still the two are still on bed. One started moving on the side of the bed as she sat up from the bed.

“Aww…my head”, she said groggily as she held her head with one hand. “Where am I?” she added as she scans the unfamiliar room she’s staying at the moment.

What the heck?

She land her hand on the other side of the bed just to feel another body lying down. She slowly lift up the blanket covering the lying body and she was surprised to see a sleeping Yuri.

OKAY! WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!?

Jessica was about to nudge the girl from her sleep when she suddenly remembered something from last night. Flashbacks of the scenes came rushing into her mind as she process everything in her head. From the confession of Tiffany to her, her confession to Sooyoung and Sooyoung’s confession to Tiffany. Yuri’s betrayal to her, meeting up with her ex in the bar and finally, the kiss with Yuri.

OH MY GOD! DID I REALLY KISS…YURI!?

Jessica looked at Yuri with a surprised look as she examines the sleeping girl beside her.

WHAT THE HECK!!!

Busy battling in her mind with the thought of her kissing Yuri, she didn’t noticed that Yuri is starting to wake up from her sleep.

“Uhm, Sica? Aww. My head”, Yuri groggily said as she tries to seat up straight in her bed.

“Yu, Yuri…” Jessica said as she gulped.

“How long have you been awake huh?” Yuri said as she yawned.

“No-not to long…” Jessica stutters.

“Hey, what’s wrong? Feeling sick or anything? Want some water?”

“Ahh…yeah…thanks…”

Yuri then get herself out of the bed then to the kitchen as she fetch Jessica some water and some for herself.

“Here”, Yuri said as she gave Jessica a glass of water.

“T-thanks”, Jessica slowly drinks the water.

“It’s like a storm just passed by my living room. It’s so messy in there…what happened? Urgh, my head still hurts”, Yuri said as she grasp the back of her head before seating down again on the bed.

“R-really?”

“Sica? What’s wrong?” Yuri asked.

“Nothing…you don’t…ahh”,

“Eh?”

“N-nevermind Yul…”

“You’re weird Sica, come on you can tell me anything…don’t hold back”, Yuri said as she open the television set.

Jessica hesitates to say anything for everything will be awkward once she ask Yuri about the kiss from last night. But she doesn’t have a choice, she can’t be the only one to feel the awkwardness between them, that’ll be unfair for her.

“Uhm…about last night”, Jessica start off.

“Last night? What’s with last night?”

“About the…k-k-k-iss”, the last word was like a whisper resulting for Yuri to ask Jessica to repeat what she just said.

“Huh?”

“I said, about the…”

“About the?”

“K-“

“K?”

“Ki-Ki”,

“Ki? Oh come on Sica, just tell me already”,

“ABOUT THE KISS FROM LAST NIGHT!” Jessica yelled as Yuri’s face suddenly change its features.

The room was filled with silence except for the sounds coming from the television set as the two stares into the floor. Awkwardness filled them.

“Ah…that…”

“What do you mean THAT!? Yah! I didn’t do that on purpose! I was drunk and everything and and…” Jessica defended herself as she looks away from Yuri.

“Hey I didn’t say you did it on purpose, and I hold back you know!”

“Hold back? Yah! What do you mean by that huh?! Do you like me now Kwon Yuri?” Jessica asked the latter.

“HUH!? Of course not! Why’d I like somebody who’s inlove with somebody else huh? That’ll be a shame on my image”, Yuri said as she crossed her arms and set her eyes on the television.

Jessica raised a brow on Yuri as she examines Yuri’s reaction. Yuri looked back just to do the same thing with Jessica.

“You’re sure about that huh? Kwon Yuri”, Jessica asked Yuri once again. She just earned a nod from the latter.

“Yeah, I promise. I would never like someone who’s madly inlove with someone…that’s in my vocabulary”, Yuri then laughed off the matter.

“Good, because that will cause more problem”, Jessica tone suddenly change.

“Oh come on, don’t give me that sad look. We’ll fix everything okay? I’ll try and fix the damage I’ve caused between you and Tiffany, and to Soo as well”, Yuri smiled as she ruffle the latter’s head.

“Yah! Stop doing that! My hair’s going to be”,

“What? Going to be messy? But it’s already messy”,

“Urgh! I hate you Kwon Yuri”, Jessica said as she laid on the bed once more.

“Haha, you could hate me as much as you want”,

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

chapter 12...

seriously... it is so HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT in here !!!