Chapter 38

A Game of Four

 

Gyuri stops the car in front of Yuri’s unit as she turns the engine off. She looks at Yuri from the side observing her current state. She then sighs.

“Yuri I…”

“It’s a good thing right?” Yuri stated surprising Gyuri.

Yuri didn’t answer back and exited the car and walk through the front door and opens the door, Gyuri followed her.

“Yuri, what do you mean?”

“She hates me now”,

“What the hell are you talking about?!” Gyuri then grabs Yuri by the shoulder.

“Gyuri! She hates me! She despises me!”

Gyuri was surprised by Yuri’s outburst that she can’t do anything but hug the latter and tries to comfort her.

“I hate myself Gyuri! Why do I have to be so stupid!?”

Gyuri had a sad expression on her face as she looks at the latter. Her heart breaks.

“Yuri…I’m sorry”,

“Huh? Wha…”

Yuri’s words were cut by Gyuri’s lips. Too surprised, Yuri wasn’t sure what to response as Gyuri deepens the kiss and embraces her tightly. Gyuri then let go of the kiss.

“G-Gyuri…what are you…”

“I can’t stand to see you like this”, said Gyuri as her tears escape her eyes. “I still love you Yuri…” she added.

Yuri’s tears stops as she looks at Gyuri’s expression. Without thinking, she hugs the latter.

“I’m sorry Gyuri! I’m sorry!”

“Y-Yuri?”

“I’m hurting everyone around me”,

“What are you…”

“Even now! I’m hurting you, I’m sor…” Gyuri slaps Yuri’s cheek the same cheek Jessica slapped.

“You…slapped me…why?”

“Shut up! Stop apologizing I don’t need it!”

“But…then, what do you…need?” Yuri said as she held Gyuri by the shoulder.

“You”,

Yuri was surprised upon hearing this from Gyuri. She wasn’t sure what to answer her.

“But…you let go of me, first…” Yuri stated.

“I know! But…please…I want to feel you, even just for tonight”, Gyuri hugs Yuri as she buried her face to the latter’s neck.

Yuri could feel Gyuri’s body trembling as she hugs her. Yuri misses this feeling, the feeling of being loved. She response to Gyuri’s embrace causing the latter to tighten the hug.

“Thank you…” Gyuri stated.

 

The next day came and Jessica is now preparing. Krystal then went inside her room.

“Are you sure you can do this? I can go with you, I don’t have class today”,

“I’m okay Krys, I can do this”, Jessica stated not removing her gaze at her reflection.

Krystal just sigh as she seat on the edge of the bed.

“Sis, can I ask you something?”

Jessica stops. She looks at her sister from the side of her eyes. “Go on”,

Krystal stares at her sister before continuing, “Why…did you cry after that?”

“No reason…I have to go”, Jessica then exited her room as Krystal just followed her with her eyes.

“You liar”,

Jessica enters the car and let herself to be occupied with the paper works on her hand. Scanning through each page, she remembers her sister’s question. Why…did you cry after that? She sighs. Just then the car stops in front of a building.

“Ms Jung, I’ll be waiting here as your father wishes. You’re meeting will last for about an hour and a half”,

“I see. Thank you”,

Jessica then exited the car as she head inside the building and a woman was waiting for her arrival. They finally arrive to the meeting room and Jessica seat on one of the vacant seats together with the other people inside the room. A woman then hands over some folders to her as she excuse herself. She then began reading them.

“Oh Ms Yuri!”

Upon hearing the name, Jessica quickly divert her eyes from where the voice is coming from and to her surprised, she saw Yuri entering the room; following her was Gyuri.

“Forgive my tardiness, I didn’t notice the time”, Yuri apologizes as she removes her coat and shades just then she landed her eyes on Jessica but quickly diverts them to somewhere else.

“Oh Gyuri? What are you doing here?”

“Siwon? I didn’t know you’re in this one as well?” Gyuri said as she removes her coat as well.

“Well I just so happens to be one of the big stockholders of the company of course I’ll be present in this one. How about you?” Siwon said back.

“Gyuri will be my secretary, back to the way it was before”, Yuri stated.

“Huh?”

“Enough questions Siwon, shall we start the meeting?”

“O-of course”,

The meeting went on for minutes as the representative of the other company started with their presentation. The other people on the room ask questions from time to time. Yuri didn’t talk the whole time and she let Gyuri handle them by herself. As the presentation ends, Yuri started talking.

“So you propose to us that this thing will work if we put 20% of our share to your company?” Yuri asked as she plays with her pen while looking at the papers in front of her.

“Yes Ms Kwon”,

Yuri place her thumb on her lower lip as she rubs them before playing with her reclining chair.

“What do you say Gyuri?”

Gyuri just sighs as she shook her head. “Don’t be too hard on her baby, don’t worry she’s just challenging you. I agreed with the proposal. Don’t worry”, Gyuri then smiles.

“What?! G-Gyuri, what did you call Yuri just now?” Siwon exclaimed.

“Siwon we’re still on a meeting”, Yuri stated resulting Siwon to shut his mouth.

“T-Then…”

“We’ll do it”, Yuri said as she stands and grabs her coat and puts on her shades. “This meeting is over, great job. I’ll look forward to working with your company Ms Lee”,

“Thanks everyone, this meeting is dismissed”, Gyuri followed suit.

Jessica remain seated as she fix her things before grabbing her coat and exited the room. From a distance she can see Yuri and Gyuri talking about something. She didn’t mind this as she walk pass them.

“Baby where are we going?” Gyuri asked.

“Anywhere? Or do you prepare to stay at home?” Yuri answered back.

“Yah!” Gyuri slaps her shoulder.

Jessica heard the conversation but didn’t pay any more attention to it as she hurriedly exited the building, the car is waiting for her as she enters it throwing all the things next to her.

“Would you like to return to your house Ms Jung?” the driver asked her.

“Just drive”,

The driver nods as he do what Jessica asked him to. Jessica just lean her head on the side of the mirror as she looks at skyscrapers she passes through.

---