Chapter 20

A Game of Four

“Are those two going to be alright?” Yoona asked.

“Don’t worry Yoong. Yuri unnie is with Jessica unnie”, Seohyun assured as she smiles at the latter.

“Yeah maybe you’re right. But I’m still worried about unnie, I mean Gyuri is here isn’t she? What if she bumps into her by accident?” Yoona’s face suddenly turned gloom.

“Come on Yoong, have faith. Let’s just wish they won’t see each other”,

“Alright kids, enough with the drama”, Taeyeon said as she park the car. “Come on, off you go kids. Study hard okay?” she then added as she unlocked the car doors letting Yoona and Seohyun off the car.

“Thank unnie for the ride back home, we’ll see you soon”, Yoona said.

“Okay. Take care”, Taeyeon said as she step into the pedal gas once more leaving the two girls.

 

“So Soo”, Taeyeon started.

“Hmm?”

“Was that true? I mean, Yuri and Gyuri?” she asked as she focus her eyes on the road.

“Yeah. You got it”, Sooyoung answered back as she kept her eyes outside the window.

“What happened?” Taeyeon asked once more.

“Yeah, I want to know too”, Tiffany added catching Sooyoung’s attention.

“You do?” she asked Tiffany who just nod in return. She then look at Taeyeon then to Tiffany before nodding.

“Well I really don’t know what exactly happened. Yuri wouldn’t tell me”,

“Aren’t you her best friend?” Tiffany asked.

“Yes I am. But Tiffany, even though I’m her best friend she just can’t blurt out her feelings to me. Also I consider her privacy. If she wants to keep it to herself fine, but if she’s willing to share it I would listen to her. But in this case, she wouldn’t let me in”, Sooyoung answered back.

“So do you know something?” Taeyeon asked.

“I think it’s because of someone. You know, third party”,

“Wait, you mean to say one of them are cheating on the other?” Tiffany clarifies it and Sooyoung nods. “And the one cheating is Gyuri, am I correct?” she added and Sooyoung nods again.

“How can she do that? I mean, she’s the one who confessed to Yuri first. So why do this?” Taeyeon furrowed her brows.

“I don’t have any idea”, Sooyoung just answered as she rest her chin on her palm.

“I feel sorry for Yuri”, Tiffany trailed off as she slumped herself on her seat.

“Don’t”, Sooyoung started. “Yuri wouldn’t like that”, she added.

“Huh? What do you mean? What, you want me to act happy in front of her even though I know something about her situation is that it?” Tiffany asked Sooyoung who just nods in return. Taeyeon was just looking at them at the rear view mirror.

“Yes, that’s what I’m doing. If I can’t help Yuri solve her problems, the only thing I can do as her best friend is to cheer her up. That’s the only thing I can do for her”, Sooyoung said not looking at Tiffany.

“But, we can’t just stay like this. This doesn’t solve anything. Yes, it’s true that cheering her up is the best way but we can’t erase the fact that she’s still hurt. No, hurt is not the right word. Broken, yes she’s broken”, Tiffany debated back.

“I know that Tiffany but…”

“Alright you two, enough with the love quarrel please. My eardrums are hurting”, Taeyeon stop the two from bickering any further.

“Ah! Yah! We are not having a love quarrel! I was just…”

“Tiffany, I didn’t ask you to defend yourself”, Taeyeon just stares at Tiffany who just looks away from embarrassment. “Let’s go, where here anyway”, she then added as she got out of her car, Tiffany and Sooyoung followed her.

The three then entered a bar and restaurant located just beside the highway as they made their way into their table. Taeyeon removed her jacket as she place it next to her. She then instructed the two to do the same as her.

“Order anything you want, it’s on me”, Taeyeon smiled as she calls up for a waiter.

“Oh thanks”, the two said in unison.

After some moments on deciding the three already had place their orders and just waiting for them to arrive.

“Mind if I asked something?” Taeyeon started to break the silence.

“Oh? Sure sure”, Tiffany said as she drink some water.

“Are you two going out?” Tiffany almost spill her drink causing her to cough.

“Of course not! Why would you even think about that?!” Tiffany said as she wiped .

“Oh? Really? Sooyoung?” she then turned to face Sooyoung who just looked away.

“You two are serious? You aren’t dating at all?” she asked again.

“Come on Taeyeon we are not. Cut it out, please”, Tiffany said almost irritated.

“Ah. Well, if that’s the case then can I court you Tiffany?” the two were surprised upon hearing what Taeyeon just told them.

“Whoa! Hold it there shorty. Court somebody else”, Sooyoung then stops her.

“Huh? But she said you two aren’t together right? So why can’t I court her?” Taeyeon asked her.

Sooyoung just pursed her lips together as she gulp while furrowing her eyebrows. “It’s because I’m already doing that!” she then spills it. Tiffany was also surprise.

Now it was Taeyeon’s time to furrowed. “Hey, but Tiffany said…”

“Yes she said that, but still! I am courting her, Kim Taeyeon. Also, one rival is enough two is too much!” Sooyoung stops her from saying another word as she said it.

“Rival?” Taeyeon was now confused.

“Y-Yeah”, Sooyoung then looks away as she gets back to her seat.

“Who is this rival of yours then?” Taeyeon asked again.

Sooyoung gulped first then she looks at Tiffany who was not looking at her then she speaks…

“Jessica…Jung Jessica”,

There was a moment of silence between the three. The waiter from before comes back with their orders ready to be serve for them. Each plate was place in front of them as the waiter excuse himself to the three.

“Pfff”,

“Huh?”

“Hahaha! That’s so lame!” Taeyeon then burst out into laughter.

“Ta-Taeyeon?” Tiffany was surprised by this.

“Yah! What are you laughing about?!” Sooyoung confronted her.

“Whoa, hold you horses lover boy. It’s just that, I find it cute that your rival is her best friend”, Taeyeon just smiled at the two. “Oh well, kids these days”, she then added as she sips some of her white wine.

“Yah! You are not that old Kim Taeyeon”, Tiffany talked.

“Still older than you two…you’ve got a long way to go”, Taeyeon just smiled at them as she started eating her food. The two then look into each other then look away before touching their own meals.

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

so yeah... up to here only guys... haven't written anything for ch 21 yet. :) so i hope you guys like the updates? :) 

taek care guys.. good thing we don't have classes today :)