Chapter 34

A Game of Four

“Now talk”,

“Do I really have to?”

“You promised me”,

Jessica just furrowed her eyebrows before sighing. She could never say no to her sister. Sitting on a chair as she faces Krystal who is seating on the edge of her bed, Jessica began talking. As Jessica talks, Krystal would ask. Jessica is starting to get irritated by her sister’s non-stop questions.

“Hey! Why did you stop?” Krystal asked.

“I stop because you ask too many questions”, Jessica shot back.

“Well, that is because I have to ask! Oh my god sis, I didn’t know that those things happened between you two. I mean, I know you two are together but this?” Jessica’s eyes twitch causing her to slap her sister’s arm, hard.

“Yah! What’s the big idea?!” Krystal shouted as she rubs her sore arm.

“Me and Tiffany are not together, we just live together!”

“Eh?” Krystal was dumbfounded.

“Enough Krys…I don’t see Tiffany in that way, and besides…I already have someone in mind”, Jessica trailed off as she looks away from her sister.

“Then, is it that Sooyoung girl you were talking about?” Krystal asked once more.

Jessica just looks at her sister not answering. She sighs once more before standing up.

“I have to tell one more thing Krystal”,

“Oh no, I don’t like that tone of yours. What’s in that twisted head of yours sis?”

“Maybe I’ll take over the company”,

Krystal stands as she knocks her sister’s head.

“What?”

“You, taking over the company? Really?”

“Why? Can’t I?”

“Alright sis, what’s the problem?” Krystal asked.

“I already told you, I can’t see my friends anymore. My head is a total messed up”, Krystal couldn’t believe what her sister is telling her. Gritting her teeth, she slaps her sister.

“K-Krys?”

“If that stupid head of yours is messed up maybe we should fix it! Everything can be fix, it’s the us who think it can’t be. We tend to say things out of hand and in the end, we are the one’s suffering the consequences. Sis, I don’t want you to be one of them. Live your life to fullest. I know very well that you don’t like to take over the company. You’re just doing this to escape everything”,

Jessica didn’t bother to talk back as she knows her sister is telling the whole truth. But what can she do, she’s so confused with everything that is happening. Dealing with her best friend is enough, but she is thinking of something else; something she wishes she doesn’t know. She walks into the door as she opens them up.

“That’s enough information for you Krys”, Jessica said.

“What? Hey! But you haven’t tell me everything!”

“Out. I’ve told you everything already, so would you please? I need to take some rest”,

“I hate you”, Krystal said as she slowly approaches the door.

“I know”, Jessica said not looking at her sister.

Krystal stops at the side of her sister as she looks at her. “I hope you’re not making any mistakes sis. I’m just here for you okay? Remember that”, Krystal then smiles at her sister as she kiss her on the cheek before saying goodnight, Jessica just smiled back at her sister as she close the door behind her.

Meanwhile at Sooyoung and Yuri’s unit, Tiffany is inside the bathroom as she freshens up herself to remove some of the heat on her body due to her fever. Back in the living room, Sooyoung and Yuri is watching some late night shows. Sooyoung keeps on eyeing her best friend from the side as she examines her. Yuri wasn’t able to react after Tiffany said that.

“Promise me you will never fall in love with Jessica”,

“W-what?”

“Promise me Yuri, you will never fall with Jessica…I beg you”,

“T-Tiffany…”

“Yuri…”

“O-okay. I promise”,

Yuri kept on repeating the conversion on her head over and over again. She can’t help but put a palm on her face as she tries to remove the thought out her mind. She then sighs. Standing up to where she was seated, she heads to her room. Sooyoung just follows her with her eyes as she sighs as well. Just then, Tiffany came out of the bathroom with towel wrapped around her head keeping her soaked hair in place. She then noticed that Yuri is no longer with Sooyoung, she remained quiet as she seat on the other sofa.

“I did the right thing right?”

Sooyoung was surprised by the sudden question of Tiffany as she eyed the girl who is now looking at space. Blank expression is the only thing she could see on Tiffany’s face. Not knowing what to do, she just kept shut and didn’t answer Tiffany’s question anymore. Instead, she just switches on to other channels hoping she could avoid the questions that the girl might ask her.

“Soo…I’m sorry”,

These words make Sooyoung forget about avoiding her question. Instead, she just stares at Tiffany doing the same thing as her. Having some confusion, Sooyoung tried to ask Tiffany why but the latter didn’t answer instead she just show her a weak smile. This breaks Sooyoung’s heart. She doesn’t want this smile, she wants her real smile. Biting her lip, she doesn’t know what to do anymore. Walking towards Tiffany, she hugs the latter as tight as she can causing the latter to be surprised by her actions. Trying to escape from it, Tiffany senses Sooyoung’s sympathy towards her and she just let the latter hug her as she hugs her in return.

“Why are you apologizing, you haven’t done anything wrong Tiffany”, Sooyoung said.

“I don’t know anything anymore. I don’t know what’s right or wrong anymore!” Tiffany said as she starts sobbing.

“Shh, it’s okay. Just let it out, I’m just here for you”,

“S-Soo…young”,

“I told you…you’ll be in my loving arms”, Sooyoung said as she smiles at her.

Tiffany then push her gently away from her. “I didn’t say I’m in love with you”,

“What? Now you don’t, but someday you will and I’m just lighting up the mood. Lessen that stress of yours, you look ugly”,

“I am not ugly! Take that back!” Tiffany started slapping Sooyoung’s arm.

“Haha! As long as you are in stress, you are U.G.L.Y!”

Tiffany stops arguing to Sooyoung as she just stands and slowly removes the towel on her head letting her soaked hair fall to her shoulder bones as she let some water drips from it. Sooyoung just watch her with mouth slightly agape. Shaking it the thought off, Sooyoung stands as she gets the towel off Tiffany’s hands before hanging it to dry. Tiffany then thanked the latter as she starting drying up her hair.

On the other hand, Yuri is now sitting on her bed covering her whole body with blanket as she held her knees together thinking the same thing over and over again. Her head is full of confusion. Fishing out her phone to her pocket, she search for a certain person and click the call button. Dial tone can be heard as she waits for the recipient’s voice.

“Hello?”

“Hey…”

“Y-Yuri…”

“Can we…talk?” There was a paused before the recipient answers back.

“Sure…”

“Thanks. I’ll meet you at the park by 10:00 if that’s fine”,

“Okay…I’ll be there”, Yuri then bid goodbye as she stash her phone back to her pocket as she sighs.

The night is very long and it’s tiring me out.

---