Chapter 8

A Game of Four

 

“Aish! You really want to know who?”

“Duh! That’s why I’m asking”,

“Alright. My crush is you! Jung Jessica!”

“HAHAHA!” Jessica started laughing upon hearing Yuri say her name.

“What are you laughing at?” Yuri asked as she eyed the girl from the corner of her eyes.

“That is such a lame answer Yul. HAHA!”

“HAHA! How did you know I’m lying? You’re no fun”, Yuri answered back as she glued her eyes on the road ahead of them.

“Well, if you’re going to say a joke like that make it real! So lame! HAHA! Anyway, where are we going?” Jessica asked as she opens the window of the car feeling the cool breeze.

“My parent’s house”, Jessica’s eyes widen after hearing the word “parent’s house”.

“W-what?”

“Huh? Why? I like you to meet my parents. Is that bad?” Yuri asked Jessica, still not taking her eyes off the road.

“B-but w-why? Do you have to?”

“Ahm, yeah? Why? Is that bad? Introducing my new found friend to my family? And I think they’ll like you, don’t worry about it. Sooyoung also met my family”, Yuri smiled at Jessica reassuring that everything will be fine.

“But I don’t think I’m ready yet. Think about it, we just met days ago and now this?” Jessica explains as she play with her thumbs.

“I don’t see anything wrong about it, do you?”

“YES! I think it’s a bit early!”

“Huh? Really?” Yuri asked again.

“YES IT IS!” 

“You’re no fun. And my parents are now anxious to meet you”, Yuri pouts as she turn the car in the other corner.

“WHAT!? WHY SO SUDDEN!? TURN THE CAR! TURN THE CAR!” Jessica grab Yuri’s arm trying to revolve the steering wheel to the side.

“WHOA! Hey don’t touch! WAA!” Yuri’s fighting over with Jessica as she tries to compose the steering wheel into its original position.

“NO! Turn the car!”

“YAH! Let go of the steering wheel you mad woman!” Yuri said as she tries to remove Jessica’s hands on her arm and on the wheel.

“NOT UNTIL YOU TURN THIS CAR!” Jessica said.

“Aish! Okay okay!” Yuri stops the car on the nearby tree as she switch off its engine.

“Good, cause I don’t want meeting your parents…for now”, Jessica trails off as she twirls her hair.

“Huh? And why is that? Is not like I’ll be introducing you as my girlfriend now is it?” Yuri shook her head as she opens the doors of the car.

“Hey what are you doing?” Jessica asked.

“Let’s just stay here for a while, and make up that mind of yours. I can’t tell my parents that my friend doesn’t like to meet them, my mom will kill me!”

“YAH! I thought we discussed about this already?!” Jessica surprisingly asked Yuri as she got out of the car.

“Sica I can’t do that. There’s no backing down, and besides they don’t bite. My sister wants to meet you as well”, Yuri scratch her cheek as she looks at Jessica.

“What? Aish, what did you tell them exactly?” Jessica furrowed her eyebrows as she crossed her arms.

“Ahm…I just told them I found such a cute babe? And she’s a foreigner? And she’s like a cold princess? Hmm, what else did I tell them I..AW AW!” Yuri was cut off when Jessica started slapping her arms.

“WHY DID YOU TELL THEM THAT!? I LOOK LIKE A SPOILED BRAT WITH YOUR INTRODUCTIONS!” Jessica said as she slaps Yuri.

“Hey hey! They don’t mind that and besides you’re not the only one who’s like that, I have a bunch of friends that has the same attitude as you”, Yuri defend herself.

“Aish what am I going to do to you?” Jessica started ruffling her hair.

“Yah Sica, don’t ruffle your hair like that”,

“But I’m nervous!”

“WHOA! I know you are, but don’t worry. They already like you”, Yuri just smiled at her before tapping her shoulders.

“Do I really have to go?” Jessica asked once more.

“Yup, no turning back now. And my mom cooks very well”, there were moments of silence before Jessica could even utter a word.

“Okay”, Jessica just sighed as she return to her seat.

“Great!” Yuri returned to her seat as well as they shut the doors before them. Starting off the engine, they make their way into Yuri’s place.

---

Meanwhile, Sooyoung just woke up from her long sleep. Rubbing up her two eyes, she started walking through the wash room to freshen up. After washing, she sight a note stuck in the mirror and started reading it.

Be back by 9. If you got nothing to do, ask Fany out. – Yul

“What the heck!?” Sooyoung remove the sticky note on the mirror as she read it again. “I’m gonna kill you YURI!!!!”

---

“ACHUU!”

“Hey Yul, you okay?” Jessica worriedly asked.

“I guess. But maybe someone’s talking bad about me”, Yuri smiled as she answered Jessica.

“Are we there yet?”

“Huh? Oh yeah we just passed by our house actually”,

“WHAT?!”

“Whoa easy there Sica, we’re just going to buy something for them since I forgot to buy before picking you up”, said Yuri.

“You almost gave me a heart attack, don’t do that again!” Jessica then slaps Yuri’s arm causing the latter to chuckle.

Stopping the car into a nearby convenient store, Yuri parked her car on one of the vacant parking lot in the area as they dismounted the car. After buying some apples and a cake, they return to the car and head back to Yuri’s place. Walking through the front gate, Jessica’s heartbeat started throbbing real fast and her hands are starting to sweat down. Yuri noticed this and started ruffling her hair.

“Yah! What did you do that for?!” Jessica wined as she fixed her now messy hair.

“I told you, just relax. They won’t bite you”, Yuri said as she push the doorbell.

“Yuri dear? Is that you?” A voice of a woman can be heard from the back of the door.

“Yes mom, and guess whose with me”,

The door swung open revealing a middle aged woman. Jessica immediately bows as she greet the woman in front of her. The woman just smiled to her as she instructed them to go inside the house.

“Sica, meet my mom. Mom this is Jessica”, Yuri introduced the both of them as they exchanged smiles.

“You are such a fine young lady, how on earth did Yuri managed to be friends with you?” Yuri’s mom said as she chuckles up.

“Mom, that is not a very fine way to say it”, Yuri pouts causing Jessica to chuckle too.

“I was just joking my dear. Here, have a seat. Make yourself at home Jessica. I’ll go prepare something with these thing you brought back home”, and with that Yuri’s mom vanished from the living room to the kitchen.

“See? I told you nothing to be scared about”, Yuri smiled as she switch on the television.

“Unnie?” Another voice can be heard from the house.

“Oh? Yoong?”

“UNNIE!!!” the girl squeals in happiness as she hug Yuri real tight.

“HAHA, why are you home early? Did you cut your class again?” Yuri asked ruffling the hair of her younger sister.

“Yah! I didn’t. I’m a good girl now and besides Seo’s helping me out”,

“I see, you made friends with her, AT LAST”, Yuri emphasized the last two words causing Yoona to slap her arm.

“Oh? Is that Sica-unnie?” Yoona then turned to face Jessica who gradually nod.

“KYAAA! You’re much beautiful in person! I’m Kwon Yoona, nice to meet you!” Yoona extends her hand asking for a hand shake and Jessica catch it with hers.

“Nice to meet you Yoona, you’re beautiful yourself”, Jessica smiles.

“Huh? Who’s beautiful? Yoong? Which angle Sica?” Yuri hold up her chin as she examines Yoona’s face.

“That’s rude unnie!” Yoona clings her arms into Jessica as she fake her crying.

“Yul! That’s not very nice of you to say”, Jessica then comfort Yoona as she patted her head.

“What?! I can’t believe you Sica! You’re siding with the devil!” Yuri wined.

“YAH! Don’t call your sister a devil KWON YURI!” Jessica glared at Yuri causing the latter to shut off.

“Tsk”, Yuri can see that Yoona has her tongue sticking out.

Why this little brat!

“Okay here you go girls”, Yuri’s mom was back with a tray of food in hand.

“Thanks mom”, Yoona said as she eats her portion.

“Thank you Mrs Kwon”, Jessica politely said as she gets her portion as well. Yuri on the other hand, just sat on the other chair as she gets her own portion of food.

---

Back at Tiffany and Jessica’s place, Tiffany’s starting to stir from her sleep as she could feel the coldness of the room. Sitting up straight, she search for the remote of the air condition and shuts it off. Rubbing her two eyes, she checks for the time and surprised to see that she only slept for only an hour. Grabbing her phone, she checks for any message coming from Jessica but saw nothing. Throwing her phone on the other side of the bed, she got up and went straight to the wash room. Returning to their room, she opens the television and watch some late afternoon show. Thirty minutes of continuous watching, she finally got bored and shuts the screen once more. Heading out of the room, she grabs her phone with her as she head for the living room. Walking back and forth, Tiffany doesn’t have anything to do. Suddenly her phone started ringing.

Jessi? To her disappointment, it was Sooyoung who’s calling her.

“Hello?”

“Yoh Fany-ah”,

“Hello Soo, what’s up?”

“Naa, I just woke up to see an empty bed. Did you know where Yuri went? She just leave a sticky note saying that she’ll be out until 9 and that’s all there is”,

Until 9?! So I’ll be alone by then!?

“Ahh, yeah I know where she is. She’s out with Jessi, they went out an hour ago. I’m surprised you didn’t know?”

“Well Yuri didn’t bother on waking me up. Maybe they’ll have a date?”

A date? I didn’t think of that, what if they are?

“Do you think so? But I don’t think it was a date though, 3:00pm can’t be the best time for dates”,

“Guess you’re right”,

There was a long pause before anyone could speak up again.

“So Fany-ah, want to go somewhere?” Sooyoung managed to asked Tiffany without cracking up.

“Huh? Somewhere?”

“Yup, since there’s just the two of us and we don’t have any idea where Yuri and Sica went so mind as well go somewhere too, you know kill boredom. Aren’t you bored there?”

“Now that you mentioned it, I AM BORED. Super bored”,

“So are you in?”

“Guess so”,

“Great, I’ll pick you up by 5?

“Okay”,

“Okay then, I’ll see you by then”,

“Yeah see you”,

Sooyoung was the one who hung up first. After placing her phone down the bed, she started squealing in excitement.

“OH MY GOD! I JUST ASKED HER OUT! ALRIGHT!” Sooyoung made a ball fist on the air for her accomplishment. She quickly regained her composure as she started to prepare for their date. Meanwhile back at Tiffany, she just stared at her phone for a while before getting up again.

“I guess it’s just me and Soo, oh well mind as well prepare”, Tiffany leave her phone on the sofa as she went to their room to get some towel before going in into the bathroom.

Back at the Kwon Residents…

“Take that!”

“Jessica-unnie watch out!”

“What?!”

GAME OVER. Is what the screen in front of them was saying. They were playing in the living room with Yuri’s Wii Set. Yuri just sat on the sofa while munching on some chips as she watch the two played.

“Aww, and I thought we’ll be able to beat the boss”, Yoona pouts as she slump herself on the nearby sofa.

“Guess it’s not our luck now is it?” Jessica slumped herself on the sofa as well as she drink from her juice.

“You two are unbelievable”, Yuri finally spoke up.

“Why?” Yoona asked.

“Your voices can be heard outside this house. Seriously, can’t you two minimize your voices?” Yuri raised an eyebrow as she talk to the two.

“You’re the one to talk, don’t just go eating on there. Play with us”, Jessica challenged Yuri.

“Huh? And why should I?” Yuri asked.

“So we can see that you’re not just on talks”, Jessica threw her Wii player on Yuri.

“Yah! Careful! This cost me a fortune!” Yuri yelled as she catch the controller on her hand.

“Mom bought that for you”, Yoona in.

“Aish”,

“How about we play huh Yul? Let’s see if you can play? You talk to much”, Jessica smirked.

“What the? You want me to show you my real skills huh?! Bring it on woman! Yoona give her your controller, I’ll show this woman”, Yoona just rolled her eyes as she gave her controller to Jessica. Yuri was the one who choose the game this time.

“Bring it on!”

“You don’t have to tell me that”,

And the two started playing and this time it was Yoona who was munching on the chips while watching her two unnies play in front of her.

***

 

 

 

 

 

aish, and there i thought i'm done with my school stuffs. seriously, making a booth for only a day?! are they serious or are they crazy? haist. anyway. guess i'm updating EVERYDAY again huh? :3 so hence, chapter 8 has been post. enjoy guys. remember okay? CHAPTER 10 :D 

 

rhobziee outs.